Is Respire still a thing or did they stop working on it?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Oquasec

22 Apr 2018

Hm...I think I will keep sylenth instead and subtractor. Spire is interesting though but I don't think Ima use it anytime soon lol
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Soeno

22 Apr 2018

still a nice guide

flightONE

24 Apr 2018

I *think* I like ReSpire (as in i'm not sure.. lol) It sounds nice and most importantly modern, plus there are soooo many presets out there which is nice for getting a mainstream cookie cutter sound (and that's an OK thing) but any time I find a nice sound I find myself getting frustrated by the CPU usage or GUI and I end up spending a ton of time recreating the sound in another synth, most of the time I am able to get reasonably close.

Also, I don't know if this is a ReSpire problem, another RE or VST but I am getting random crashes that started around the time I started using VSTs and ReSpire , particularly if I leave reason open for a while (not playing) and when I come back and play the project I get a crash with no error messages, but i haven't really tried to debug it.

People have talked about the GUI and I agree. I don't have the VST version but I ended up installing the demo to edit patches in the nicer GUI , then I save them, convert and open in ReSpire... which is a freaking soul-crushing way of using any instrument.

I got the RE during the $59 sale which was an insanely AWESOME price so I don't feel cheated, I would however be pissed if I had paid full price. I hope they keep improving it but my sixth sense is telling me that a smaller company like reveal sound might have trouble maintaining multiple codebases. I just hope that if they ever discontinue it they will offer a cheap crossgrade to the VST. ( I'm not sure but I think they offer a crossgrade now, which is already tempting and depending on the price might add up to be cheaper than paying the non-sale price)

seqoi

24 Apr 2018

I apologize but is there some patch bank translator where we can translate banks and presets from VST Spire to ReSpire?

Thank you..

madmacman

24 Apr 2018

seqoi wrote:
24 Apr 2018
I apologize but is there some patch bank translator where we can translate banks and presets from VST Spire to ReSpire?

Thank you..
Only online: https://www.reveal-sound.com/sounds-convert.html

seqoi

24 Apr 2018

madmacman wrote:
24 Apr 2018
seqoi wrote:
24 Apr 2018

Thank you..
Only online: https://www.reveal-sound.com/sounds-convert.html
Thank you

• Information