KRON CV Toolbox for €/$59

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

starship
RE Developer

25 Mar 2018

Hey! :) Added some dual-Europa patches for it, plus remo101's "mexican wave" effects patches (very cool traveling wave/band eq effects), and theshoemaker's patches. Minor bug fixes too. (version 1.1.1)

video coming soon, I hope! under the weather for a while here...

Also a heads up: I'd like to do a free community refill and/or just put those patches into the main release, but I'm not planning on dealing with this much until the PSDN 2.0 is out. Which: argh. :) So keep that in mind.

Cheers!

Loque

25 Mar 2018

59 is still pricy but considering how much some similar vst things cost, it is more than ok. The provided patches confuses me sometimes, would be nice to have some info how to use them. Always remember, that you know how to use it, does not mean everyone else does.

Still waiting for PSDN 2.0....
Reason12, Win10

starship
RE Developer

25 Mar 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2018
59 is still pricy but considering how much some similar vst things cost, it is more than ok. The provided patches confuses me sometimes, would be nice to have some info how to use them. Always remember, that you know how to use it, does not mean everyone else does.

Still waiting for PSDN 2.0....
Which patches are confusing?

Yup, re: PSDN 2.0... believe me, I really wanted to release it already. :) Bugs in play, patches to make, life, etc.

starship
RE Developer

27 Mar 2018

Especially if you own the PSDN already, you're welcome to have the beta of 2.0. I know it keeps getting pushed back... :) But I did get a number of things done in the past few months that are critical and/or rad. There's been significant progress... I had actually meant to release it with less features.

But... if you're sick of waiting for it to be released, you're welcome to start using it. :)

starship
RE Developer

12 Apr 2018

Here's a video I made a few days ago and forgot to upload here! :)

There's a text explainer on the right side, as you can see. Basically it's a bunch of KRONs and Europas, along with some PSDN 2.0s and a bunch of Thors for their filters... most of the audio going through those PSDN/thor effects. The Europas are doubled up with mostly opposing CV for L/R. Basically the idea is a L/R out of whack evolving and also choppy soundscape slow dance beat. or something. I was literally dizzy as shit when I started the song, and just went with it. :) then like 2+ weeks later, gave up on improving the song and just did a take to upload.

It still sounds cool without the PSDN effects, but that adds the extra weird choppiness, along with a lot of the filter sweeping. Without the KRONs, most of the stereo effect would be gone, not to mention some wobbles and the PSDN effect wouldn't be nearly as awesome. :) [pro tip: it uses the equal power curving device patch, modified, to move the sustains on the PSDNs in one direction and their mixer levels in the opposite, scaled and curved to approximately get the levels right. So each PSDN wave goes in the opposite direction, left/right, and also its sustain moves in the opposite direction (plus level adjusted), powered by a couple of LFOs. That patch keeps coming in handy for me! :)]

It probably needs better mastering, like sidechaining the BD, etc. Everything I ever make could always use better mastering. :) It's a curse. lol

It is what it is, a demo song in progress. Mainly trying to only use built-in devices plus my REs plus some mastering REs because f' it, they sure make things easier. I ended up using patches I had made for 1.1.1, adding to them. And ideally it would have more layout, different parts. Again, demo *in progress*, hopefully not jinxing.

Re: PSDN: I'm taking forever to finish the PSDN, I know. Honestly, I think I've added too many feature requests. ;) But now it can do some really awesome stuff that I didn't even conceive of a few months ago. *shrug* like this effect patch.

Cheers!

Loque

13 Apr 2018

Nice stuff!
Reason12, Win10

starship
RE Developer

13 Apr 2018

Thanks! :)

• Information