What wavetable files do you recommend for Blamsoft's Expanse?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
DoctoralHermit

18 Mar 2018

The wavetable import feature of Blamsoft's Expanse is of course a crucial feature for the synth. It's great that it's possible to import Serum wavetables, but I feel like the lack of morphing (and possibly other forms of modulation? Not sure) leave me wondering: Are there wavetable files that are designed specifically for expanse, or that are more fully compatible? I got reddit.com's pack of 1700 wavetables, but judging by their performance and positional choppiness am assuming they were really designed for Serum.

Where can I download wavetables that are fully compatible with Expanse?

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2018

Experiment with the different crossfade and spectral morph settings.

Loque

18 Mar 2018

You can use every Serum wavetable and try also others. On other tables there might be a problem with tuning. As already mentioned, try the morphing types.

There is a tutorial on Blamsoft homepage how you can sample your own. And don't forget, you can paint your own.
Reason12, Win10

WongoTheSane

18 Mar 2018

I created some here:

viewtopic.php?t=7498976

eXode

18 Mar 2018

DoctoralHermit wrote:
18 Mar 2018
The wavetable import feature of Blamsoft's Expanse is of course a crucial feature for the synth. It's great that it's possible to import Serum wavetables, but I feel like the lack of morphing (and possibly other forms of modulation? Not sure) leave me wondering: Are there wavetable files that are designed specifically for expanse, or that are more fully compatible? I got reddit.com's pack of 1700 wavetables, but judging by their performance and positional choppiness am assuming they were really designed for Serum.

Where can I download wavetables that are fully compatible with Expanse?
Like already stated, you need to set the morph mode manually when loading the table. Typically you would use the Crossfade or Spectral Morph - All frames as a start. Sadly Reason/RE doesn't support the reading of wavetable metadata when loading the tables as far as I understand, that is why you need to set it manually.

• Information