Spectra Additive ReSynthesizer is out!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
synthetechsound
RE Developer

25 Mar 2018

Version 1.0.2 will be released in the next few days.

This version includes a fix for a defect introduced in 1.0.1 which would case Spectra to crash in some instances when analysing a drawn waveform.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
James

synthetechsound
RE Developer

29 Mar 2018

1.0.2 is now available. Note I extended the introductory price to the 26 April as a result of the updates

antic604

02 May 2018

So what's your verdict after a month the RE's been out? The demo songs sound really great! Is this a worthy purchase if I already have Parsec (both are additive, but I understand Spectra is much more flexible, sort of like Europa vs. eXpanse)?

Loque

02 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
02 May 2018
So what's your verdict after a month the RE's been out? The demo songs sound really great! Is this a worthy purchase if I already have Parsec (both are additive, but I understand Spectra is much more flexible, sort of like Europa vs. eXpanse)?
IMO it is very versatile and you can shape the sound in very great detail. This is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time, while you can edit the details, it takes you quite long to get the sound you want. Its often better to start quite simple by importing a few waves and go on from there, but this lacks some inharmonics which are quite difficult to add. The additive concept is special on its own as well.

Till now, its not a replacement, rather a great addition. I really like the filter and sound morphing and the partial ADDSR control. Some improvements around sound editing, more default partials, filter routing, filter dynamics, modulations and this thing would be even better. Only 2 oscillators are sometimes a bit too few, but Parsec has only 2 as well.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

02 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
02 May 2018
I think spectra is s amazing, I wish it would import sounds and be able to scan through the sound like a wavetable. Instead of import and select pieces. Maybe at some point the splash screen area could analyze a sound and break it up automatically into medium sized cross faded slices. So it would do resynthisis like it does now but you wouldn’t have to pick single cycle waveforms. Idk how complex of a feature that would be, but it would speed up the sound design process. Overall it’s such a fun synth to work with if you like deep programming. Spectra is one of the more advanced Res so if you do buy it make sure to make some presets with your favorite modifiers already lined up. I love the modifier that lets you make wavetable type sounds, and I have combinators with a few preset settings so I have a template to work with. I’m waiting until I have a spare 100 to purchase it but it was one of my favorite synths that I demo’d In a long time :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

antic604

03 May 2018

Loque wrote:
02 May 2018
IMO it is very versatile and you can shape the sound in very great detail. This is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time, while you can edit the details, it takes you quite long to get the sound you want. Its often better to start quite simple by importing a few waves and go on from there, but this lacks some inharmonics which are quite difficult to add. The additive concept is special on its own as well.

Till now, its not a replacement, rather a great addition. I really like the filter and sound morphing and the partial ADDSR control. Some improvements around sound editing, more default partials, filter routing, filter dynamics, modulations and this thing would be even better. Only 2 oscillators are sometimes a bit too few, but Parsec has only 2 as well.
scratchnsnifff wrote:
02 May 2018
I think spectra is s amazing, I wish it would import sounds and be able to scan through the sound like a wavetable. Instead of import and select pieces. Maybe at some point the splash screen area could analyze a sound and break it up automatically into medium sized cross faded slices. So it would do resynthisis like it does now but you wouldn’t have to pick single cycle waveforms. Idk how complex of a feature that would be, but it would speed up the sound design process. Overall it’s such a fun synth to work with if you like deep programming. Spectra is one of the more advanced Res so if you do buy it make sure to make some presets with your favorite modifiers already lined up. I love the modifier that lets you make wavetable type sounds, and I have combinators with a few preset settings so I have a template to work with. I’m waiting until I have a spare 100 to purchase it but it was one of my favorite synths that I demo’d In a long time :D
Thanks guys, you're very helpful (as always :))

• Information