Spectra Additive ReSynthesizer is out!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

antic604

12 Mar 2018

The synthesis method and the way it's laid out seem very interesting, but - judging by the YT patches preview - it doesn't SOUND like a synth worth EUR99 (granted, there's -10EUR launch discount).

synthetechsound
RE Developer

12 Mar 2018

I just wanted to thank everyone for being patient.

I also wanted to expressly thank the following:

NaviRetlav (Navi Retlav Studios) - Sound Designer/Preset Developer
Benedict - Sound Designer/Preset Developer
Nirude - Developed Extraordinary 3D Renders (Thanks Nirude)
odarmonix -Beta Tester (Thanks for talking me into making the harmonic changes)
midiguru - Beta Tester
Buddaka - Demo Song Developer
reflectionjack - Demo Song Developer
VHS - Demo Song Developer
Advanced Suite - Demo Song Developer
Arsenic - Beta Tester
dhruan - Beta Tester
Laser Rot - Beta Tester
Action Kid Waveforms (AKWF) - Single Cycle Waveforms (for the internal Spectra)
Noel G. (Reasonistas) - Combinator Skin Developer
Propellerhead Support (Thanks Gustav, John, Joakim for answering all of my dumb questions and for the awesome support during the project)

Loque

12 Mar 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
12 Mar 2018
I just wanted to thank everyone for being patient.
I thank you for having the endurance to finish your first synth RE project :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

12 Mar 2018

synthetechsound wrote: I just wanted to thank everyone for being patient.

Benedict - Sound Designer/Preset Developer
Nirude - Developed Extraordinary 3D Renders (Thanks Nirude)
odarmonix -Beta Tester (Thanks for talking me into making the harmonic changes)
midiguru - Beta Tester
Buddaka - Demo Song Developer
VHS - Demo Song Developer
Advanced Suite - Demo Song Developer
Arsenic - Beta Tester
dhruan - Beta Tester
Laser Rot - Beta Tester
Action Kid Waveforms (AKWF) - Single Cycle Waveforms (for the internal Spectra)
Noel G. (Reasonistas) - Combinator Skin Developer
Propellerhead Support (Thanks Gustav, John, Joakim for answering all of my dumb questions and for the awesome support during the project)
Any chance you would be so kind as to list the types of modifiers that are included :)
I remember there’s the saw spectrum to a square spectrum, what other types are there? I have to wait until the end of the day to try it out lol
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

synthetechsound
RE Developer

12 Mar 2018

It has two morph targets, one of which can be sequenced across 10 spectra, the multi spectrum modulator which was used in the video was the "-Even" modulator which effectively reduces the even harmonics down by the amount knob. The multi modulators have too many variations to list here, i think there is about 30 built in ones, but of course, you can also define 4 of your own.

Hope this helps.

Loque

12 Mar 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
12 Mar 2018
It has two morph targets, one of which can be sequenced across 10 spectra, the multi spectrum modulator which was used in the video was the "-Even" modulator which effectively reduces the even harmonics down by the amount knob. The multi modulators have too many variations to list here, i think there is about 30 built in ones, but of course, you can also define 4 of your own.

Hope this helps.
Wow....And today i cannot get home sooner...
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

12 Mar 2018

Yay, finally! Congratulations! :thumbs_up:

synthetechsound
RE Developer

12 Mar 2018

buddard wrote:
12 Mar 2018
Yay, finally! Congratulations! :thumbs_up:
:) :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2018

Congrats on the release. Looks good.

Just bought Resonans and I also have plenty of other REs to explore further at the moment, but I'll definitely check out Spectra too at some point when I'm looking for some new toys.

Btw you should allow comments on the youtube videos. It's just much more fun and interactive that way. Just my opinion.

Breach The Sky

12 Mar 2018

Congratulations! Finally, right? I remember the first thread about this synth a long time ago... Will there be a competition?

starfish91

12 Mar 2018

I can't find a single thing wrong with this GUI. It's beautifully done. Can't wait to check out how Spectra sounds.

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2018

Congrats dude, you made it! Enjoy the moment and don’t forget to take some time off and make some music with your new toy. ;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

rcbuse
RE Developer

12 Mar 2018

Fantastic!! Can't wait to dig into this one.

Loque

12 Mar 2018

Where is the Combinator backdrop? I really liked it and i think i gonna use it. May it be possible to provide a DL link on the product page?
Reason12, Win10

dhruan

12 Mar 2018

Loque wrote:
12 Mar 2018
Where is the Combinator backdrop? I really liked it and i think i gonna use it. May it be possible to provide a DL link on the product page?
From the earlier thread...
Noel G. wrote:
28 Feb 2018
For those thinking of trialing, buying or subscribing to Spectra, here is the official Combinator backdrop developed by Reasonistas.

Search for "Spectra" here https://goo.gl/vWhwnv then right click on the image and select "Save image as".
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

dhruan

12 Mar 2018

...and yeah, great to see this one finally released! Congrats to synthetechsound for perseverance and getting this one done and out. :)

It is a wonderful synth which I had both the pleasure and honor to beta test. Special thanks for the effort put into the supplemental materials, they really help with getting a hang of the synth. As in, the manual is a recommended first stop for pretty much anyone and IMHO it is benchmark quality, superb job on that one and the videos too.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

faun2500

12 Mar 2018

looks great
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

antic604

12 Mar 2018

dhruan wrote:
12 Mar 2018
It is a wonderful synth which I had both the pleasure and honor to beta test. Special thanks for the effort put into the supplemental materials, they really help with getting a hang of the synth. As in, the manual is a recommended first stop for pretty much anyone and IMHO it is benchmark quality, superb job on that one and the videos too.
If you don't mind me asking - how difficult is this to program?

I've gone through the videos and product description .pdf and the possibilities are overwhelming to say the least, but I'm wondering if it's not too complex for its own good? I mean it's great we can edit almost anything - waveforms, spectrums, filers, etc. - to the smallest detail, but I imagine in the end small changes have even smaller impact on the overall sound. I guess, from normal user's point of view, the best middle-ground approach is to provide him/her with handful of pre-defined options, that will yield distinctively different results, achieving some sort of compromise between depth and accessibility.

Or maybe I'm completely off-base here and I should be more than happy sticking with provided factory waveforms, spectrums & filters of which there seems to be quite a generous number? Considering I can use external samples or input, flexible LFOs and MSEGs, this alone seems like unlimited source of creative possibilities? So in a way it's like Europa, in a sense that it provides multiple waveforms, modulators and filters, but goes a step - or huge jump - further, allowing us to fiddle with all of it, if we ever wanted to?

Lastly, in terms of the synthesis method, is this similar - but I think much more capable - to LinPlug's Spectral or Dmitry Sches' Thorn?

spacefarmer

12 Mar 2018

Wasn't shure if I'll need Spectra, cause I own and like Oberon and Nostromo...
Then I tested it some hours ago: 10 selfmade awesome and special sounds in half an hour...
and now I own that too.
Great toy, flexible soundmonster and a "new inspiring love" - thank You!

dhruan

12 Mar 2018

antic604 wrote:
12 Mar 2018
dhruan wrote:
12 Mar 2018
If you don't mind me asking - how difficult is this to program?
I like to tinker with sound but I would not call myself a professional sound designer. During my 15 years on Reason I have programmed patches on different synths and have what I would call an adequate understanding on the theory of different kinds of synthesis.

That said, mostly it is just me messing around and having a ball looking for interesting and usable results, as in, I do not go in looking to create a sound X but rather find something that makes me go 'Ha!' or 'Ooooh...'.

I didn't have that many problems (if any real ones at all) with Spectra, it is after all rather logically laid out etc. and the manual is a big help.

Did I utilize it to the fullest? Ummmm, I do not think so but so far I have managed to create all kinds of fun results with it without feeling limited in any way, shape or form so I am happy and looking forward to mastering this one. It is actually the first synth in ages that I have decided to devote some solo time for in order to achieve this. I have most of the big ticket RE synths so that kind of tells something.

So yeah... do take it for a spin. ;)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

antic604

12 Mar 2018

dhruan wrote:
12 Mar 2018
So yeah... do take it for a spin. ;)
Will do! Thanks :)

Loque

12 Mar 2018

Man...what a crazy synth...I quickly browsed a few patches and though "not bad, really...". Resetted the device and picked a triangle and thought "man, so thin...". Played around a bit, painted my own stuff, got away from a thin triangle and BOOM! Things thing can get pretty full in the sound. I actually dont have much clue what i am doing and still try to figure out how to program everything, where i miss the lack of some menues here and there and some additional controls in the mod targets, but this are lil things.

Seriously...This synth is f*cking great work! Guys, try this out and give it a spin to get you used to it. I defenetly need a bit more time. But here is a lil example how fat this thing can sound (counted on the spectral fill, deep low end and punch, i know the Serum heros need a fm/growl sound - maybe if i gonna check the vowel and other modifiers and so on...).

The filters work a bit different than usual, they kinda morph instead of simple freq/res stuff. I am curious if i can change the routing... Well, i give the manual a try.

Ok, the manual said:
Filter 2 is always applied in series to Filter 1
But if this is true, the routing schema is wrong, because it shows the filters in parallel only. The filters are always in serial, but additionally the generators can be routed to filter 2 to boost the final signal by the generators+filter2 output.
Last edited by Loque on 13 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

NaviRetlav

12 Mar 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
12 Mar 2018

Thanks, and congratulations on the release.
This synth has almost unlimited power and I love how unique sounds it can produce, things that nothing else can do.
It was a real pleasure to work with this synth and developer.

TheNoog

12 Mar 2018

synthetechsound wrote:
12 Mar 2018
I believe he's the guy who originally started torrenting Patrick Fridh's Fairlight refill. Nice company.

• Information