How to change gui in combinator and/or kong modules?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ftrgrphr

08 Mar 2018

Hey girls and boys

Just wondering ... since I don't find any info about it in the Refill Packer pdf ... how can I change the gui for combinator refill and/or the kong module?

I see many refills from creators who have modified there own gui of them modules.

In ReBirth you could use Modpacker and switch jpg files with the originals. How is it done in Reason?

Thank! :reason:

MikeMcKew

08 Mar 2018

Right click on device -> Select Backdrop
ftrgrphr wrote:
08 Mar 2018
Hey girls and boys

Just wondering ... since I don't find any info about it in the Refill Packer pdf ... how can I change the gui for combinator refill and/or the kong module?

I see many refills from creators who have modified there own gui of them modules.

In ReBirth you could use Modpacker and switch jpg files with the originals. How is it done in Reason?

Thank! :reason:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2018

This is a PH link https://a.phcdn.se/static-live/files/Ba ... ae8567.zip

The zip file contains the templates (psd files) for creating Combinator and Kong (plus folded) backdrops.

Once you happy with what you have created then save them as a jpg and as Mike said "Right click on device -> Select Backdrop"

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scratchnsnifff

08 Mar 2018

Reasonistas has some beautiful backdrops for the combinator!!!!!!! I love their Europa and expanse backdrops

Honestly a lot of backdrops look so cheesy, but the ones on reasonistas are straight to the point and help you navigate the rack
Any red combinators are Europa
Black is expanse
Gray/green is serum etc
It’s sped up my workflow by .3seconds and 10 scrolls/mouse clicks

Thanks Noel and reasonistas :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

ftrgrphr

09 Mar 2018

Thanks for quick replies! Going to try something out now... many thanks!

ftrgrphr

09 Mar 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Mar 2018
This is a PH link https://a.phcdn.se/static-live/files/Ba ... ae8567.zip

The zip file contains the templates (psd files) for creating Combinator and Kong (plus folded) backdrops.

Once you happy with what you have created then save them as a jpg and as Mike said "Right click on device -> Select Backdrop"
thanks!!! :reason: :puf_smile:

Reasonistas
RE Developer

10 Jun 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
08 Mar 2018
Reasonistas has some beautiful backdrops for the combinator!!!!!!! I love their Europa and expanse backdrops

Honestly a lot of backdrops look so cheesy, but the ones on reasonistas are straight to the point and help you navigate the rack
Black is expanse
Gray/green is serum etc

Thanks for the mention! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Glad you find our backdrops as helpful as we do. Visit our page regularly as we add new backdrops every week.

https://www.reasonistas.com/combinator-backdrops
ImageImageImage

jimmyklane

10 Jun 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
08 Mar 2018

Black is expanse
Gray/green is serum etc

I’ve been using the “blank 3D” backdrop as the basis of my Seramik branded combinators and refills. In fact, I should probably check with reasonistas to make sure this is Kosher! I’m not selling anything yet, so hopefully they don’t mind!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

• Information