RE3Q vs. Maag EQ4

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Post Reply
S1GNL
Posts: 25
Joined: 31 Jan 2018

27 Feb 2018

Hey guys,

anyone here who have used or is using the Maag EQ4 (hardware or plug-in) and the RE3Q?

What's your opinion on the emulation/remodelling quality of the RE3Q compared to the original?

Would you say that it's comparable or worse (is it just the RE UI)... or even better? :shock:

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 3238
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

27 Feb 2018

Our emulation of this method is quite similar to the original and improved with additional possibilities of digital technology
So it is not an exact emulation, more a reproduction of the techniques. I never compared it to original (i dont have it), but the EQ is good. It can attenuate quite good the low end and boost the high end and vice-versa. Tbh, it is getting a lot of dust in my rack, because i seldom need this type of EQ.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1418
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

27 Feb 2018

I wish the RE3Q didn't emulate the noise floor of the original device. (Red Rock Sound, add a switch to turn it on/off in a update! ) :)

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 1986
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Contact:

27 Feb 2018

aeox wrote:
27 Feb 2018
I wish the RE3Q didn't emulate the noise floor of the original device. (Red Rock Sound, add a switch to turn it on/off in a update! ) :)
Noise floor? I am getting no noise from the RE3Q.
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1418
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

27 Feb 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
27 Feb 2018
aeox wrote:
27 Feb 2018
I wish the RE3Q didn't emulate the noise floor of the original device. (Red Rock Sound, add a switch to turn it on/off in a update! ) :)
Noise floor? I am getting no noise from the RE3Q.
Turn up rock band to 40 and slowly increase rock gain and you will start to hear noise.

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 1986
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Contact:

27 Feb 2018

aeox wrote:
27 Feb 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
27 Feb 2018


Noise floor? I am getting no noise from the RE3Q.
Turn up rock band to 40 and slowly increase rock gain and you will start to hear noise.
thanks. never noticed it :)
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
Kalm
Posts: 146
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Location: Austin
Contact:

27 Feb 2018

My go to EQ on vocals and boosting. It's the sweetest EQ to me in the shop.
Courtesy of The Brew | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 8 GB RAM | Apple 1 TB & Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 10 | Studio One 3 Professional | Ozone 7 | Pro Tools 12 | Adobe CC | Presonus FireStudio Project | M-Audio Axiom | And many plugs

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 1986
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Contact:

27 Feb 2018

This Pultec free one is superb as well:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/pteq-x-by-ignite-amps
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests