Your 5 most recent RE purchases

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2018

Well the title says it all. (No VSTs)
If you want you can also add a comment on what made you buy them.

For me:

The Lotus Compressor: Just an easy to use, good looking, versatile compressor.

kHs Distortion: A good alternative to Saturation knob. Nice to have a dry/wet knob also.

Stimulant Subharmonic Generator: Easy way to fatten up bass sounds. Never had anything in my rack that could do this either.

Mixfood Ambi Urban Ambiance Generator: Somewhat of an impulse buy. A good little collection of nicely recorded samples. For 15 bucks, why not?

Synapse RE-160: Took a while before I found the use for it, but I did eventually. Found its way into the track I was working on at the time. Again dry/wet knob is always nice.

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2018

(2/18/18) - Lectric Panda ZFO-2: I use Pulsar for a lot of things, so I grabbed this to use instead. Parameter randomization and feedback loop modulation!

(12/15/17) - McDSP Moo Q: Simple saturation EQ, sounds great!

(9/17/17) - Quadelectra Stereo Splitter: Bought it because I wanted this kind of tool in RE format. It doesn't get a ton of use, but nice to have this in RE ( cheap too)

(8/1/17) - Blamsoft Distributor: Pretty self explanatory. This thing is just awesome and can be used in many different creative ways.

(4/17/17) - Ochen K. Carve EQ ducker: Rarely gets used, but when I "need" it, it's there! I'm sure you already know the usefulness of this RE.

jayhosking

24 Feb 2018

Kuassa Creme amp - I've used and enjoyed Vermillion, but wanted something with a little more bite. Like Vermillion, I find I really need to push the high end to balance it out, but it sounds great.

Blamsoft VK-2 - Almost worth it for the patches alone. I like its balance between vintage gear and modern flexibility.

Synapse The Legend - Holy moly, what a beaut. It's making an appearance on almost everything these days, and while it's not as flexible about modulation as I'd like, VK-2 fills in any gaps and adds a bunch of extras.

Mixfood Ambi Nature - Like Tritone, this was an impulse buy, but it's kind of an amazing place to generate sounds for Grain!

GForce ChamberTron - I really, really like the Re-Tron's samples and design. I like this one a little less (no simple unison/spread) but has a bunch of unique samples that fit well into a variety of mixes.

antic604

24 Feb 2018

Selig's Gain - because it's great at being simple

SCRE - because it's (at least) 3 in one: a multiband splitter, sidechainer and LFO/Envelope generator

Filter Classics (from Primal Audio) - because they're 3 great, distinct filters and I use a lot of automated filtering in my music,

Synapse Collection - just for The Legend, Antidote, GQ-7 but it turns out the rest is awesome as well

Korde, Propulsion and Skope - super fun chord & drum sequencers and very useful four-at-a-time monitor for audio & CV signals; all from Lectric Panda

strangers
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2018

1. Expanse: Powerhouse of a synth. I think I ended up buying this one the same day I trialed it.

2. VK-2: This synth appealed to me the same way that Antidote did, they're both easy to understand, dial in and have a no-nonsense layout. I like synths where I can create sounds on the fly without getting lost in parameters, menus and complicated interfaces.

3. ChamberTron: Another no-nonsense RE with sounds that you really can't have enough of for any project. The included spring reverb is very nice.

4. McDSP C670: There's never a bad time to slap a Fairchild-y comp on any track. I know the FRG seems to be most peoples favorite but the C670 stood out to me more when I trialed both. I use this comp more than I'd want to admit.

5. Kuassa EQ Bundle: Already had the AT4 from the Mix & Master Rig, so this bundle was a no brainer when Kuassa recently had a big sale for all 3. Between the SSL EQ and these Kuassa EQs, there's an abundance of musical curves at my fingertips.

EdGrip

24 Feb 2018

1. kHs Pitch Shifter. There was a sale on and ho ho ho now I have a pitch shifter.

2 Jiggery Pokery Titus BBD digital delay line. There was a sale on, JP had just been ranting about the subscription model and I felt sorry for him! ^_^ But it's a good and simple low-CPU building block. It's everything DDL-1 should have been.

3. SideChain ReAction envelope device thing. There was a sale on. I trialed this against Pump quite a lot, but Pump is a well-made classy pen knife and SCRE is a full-on Swiss Army knife. It fills a lot of gaps in Reason's modulation tool kit.

4. VK-2. I trialed it when it came out, and I loved the sound but ultimately it was just too thirsty on my laptop. But then there was a sale on, Blamsoft making offers you can't refuse, so I bought it. And I'm glad I did, and actually it's not THAT bad on CPU. I amused myself replicating a couple of cool Legend patches in VK-2 and was content with how close I could get. It's a total babe and we're lucky to have it in the Rack.

5. Kraft synthesiser. What can I say? There was a sale on. It was 9 bucks and has an alluring UI and sounds good. Tbh I bought it as a ROMpler and haven't really spent much time with it because other more fancy synths still have my attention, but I'll get to it.

acesd619

24 Feb 2018

Lectric Panda ZFO2 - panda madness
Selig Gain - handy dandy
Selig Leveler - sale (need more experience)
Synpase DR-01 - lush
Kuassa Kratos 2 - more control

jayhosking

24 Feb 2018

EdGrip wrote:
24 Feb 2018
5. Kraft synthesiser. What can I say? There was a sale on. It was 9 bucks and has an alluring UI and sounds good. Tbh I bought it as a ROMpler and haven't really spent much time with it because other more fancy synths still have my attention, but I'll get to it.
Of all the Skrock REs, this is the one I use regularly. A few handy features on it, like independent and global filters, and also independent spread/unison functions. On-board bitcrusher, which I quite like the sound of. Nice synth that does something a little different from my big three (Expanse, Legend, VK-2)!

Adabler
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2018

Polysix - A fantastic RE, usable for both 80's and 90's cheese.
Selig Gain - My goal for 2018 is to learn how and when to use this RE. Also, it was on sale.
Parsec - I am late to the party, but this is a great sounding and CPU-friendly synth.
Pulse PWM Synth - Skrock. It's like Pringles.
Mixfood Ambi Nature Ambiance-creator - I needed some rain.
:reason: 12, Win10

Miguel da Wu

26 Feb 2018

Synapse GQ-7 my Main EQ
Rob Papen Predator thousends of Presets and the sound is fantastic
Softube TSAR-1 very good sounding Reverb
Selig Leveler useful on Loops where some Sounds too quiet
Mixfood Ambi Nature for chillout music a must have

challism

26 Feb 2018

* Echobode Frequency Shifter - I'm really late to the party on this one, I know. I got tired of waiting for a sale, which will NEVER come. Sounds great and does so many things beyond just frequency shifting (even if it just did that.... fun, fun stuff)
* GSX Graphic Shaper/Effects - It was on sale. I trialed it and fell in love. It's easily the best stutter FX in the shop, the way you can play it like a stutter instrument, I love it. And you have a bunch of other great FX in addition to that. It's a fun device.
* Fingerpicking Nylon - A-List Guitarist - I had to get this, as I own and like the rest of the A list guitar stuff. I think this is the most versatile of them all.
* A-List Studio Drummer - I'm a sucker for drums. They added the CV in/out and audio out for each drum and I just had to get it. Now I want the others. One of my favorite things to do with this is to run multiple instances of the drummer, all with different style/beats and times (1/2, 1x, 2x). Say I run a couple different high hat patterns, one at half time, the other at 1x. And have a snare and bass from different styles together. Also fun to just use it to trigger Kong, with other samples loaded.
* Beat Crush 12-Bit Distortion - It was on sale for $9 and I couldn't pass it up, as so many of you love and rave about this RE. I honestly haven't used it much yet. Now that I'm thinking about it.... hmmm.... guess what I'm going to go play with right now? :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Libraquaricorn

26 Feb 2018

Wiz Table Oscillator

I like the Wiz Additive Oscillator and I wanted to have this one in my arsenal as well. I still prefer the additive one though. I like the idea of being able to constantly modulate a waveform, but I would set up things differently on the table oscillator if I was the developer. What works well for partials in the additive osc, do not work as well for the graphic nature of the table osc.

Propellerheads Rotor -

It was the only way for me to spend my early bird R10 coupon, getting this, without being tricked to spend more money. I haven't really put it to any use. Keep forgetting that I own it.

Gforce ChamberTron -

Trialed it, loved some of the sounds and bought it instantly at the intro price. The sax and flute was worth the intro price alone.

Softube Valley People Dyna-Mite -

I had been wanting this for a long time when I finally picked it up for half price in a sale. I still need to learn to master it, though. I guess buying this is symptomatic for already owning all I really need and still wanting to score something in a sale...

LoveOne Proton Particle Accelerator-

A really cool granular synth, and the best Re-purchase of the five. I really prefer this one over the Reason 10 Grains. I guess I just enjoy the interface more. I did a lot of my "christmas" album on this one. Have a listen - if you like - right here:

FLVZ

26 Feb 2018

Selig level
Chaotix Bundle
Tube Tech
Noxious
Beatcrush

Lost interest in new synths after buying VK2 but i did pick-up Noxious which is proving to be a lot of fun. Interested in Spectra, looks like it can make interesting sounds and i like the layout. I have some synths I just don't use because the layout doesn't work for me.

FLVZ

26 Feb 2018

challism wrote:
26 Feb 2018
* Beat Crush 12-Bit Distortion - It was on sale for $9 and I couldn't pass it up, as so many of you love and rave about this RE. I honestly haven't used it much yet. Now that I'm thinking about it.... hmmm.... guess what I'm going to go play with right now? :)
I was pretty impressed with the degree of control BeatCrush gives, and it also sounds really really nice on everything as a send. Probably my current go to distortion device!

Libraquaricorn

26 Feb 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
26 Feb 2018
Wiz Table Oscillator

I like the Wiz Additive Oscillator and I wanted to have this one in my arsenal as well. I still prefer the additive one though. I like the idea of being able to constantly modulate a waveform, but I would set up things differently on the table oscillator if I was the developer. What works well for partials in the additive osc, do not work as well for the graphic nature of the table osc.

Propellerheads Rotor -

It was the only way for me to spend my early bird R10 coupon, getting this, without being tricked to spend more money. I haven't really put it to any use. Keep forgetting that I own it.

Gforce ChamberTron -

Trialed it, loved some of the sounds and bought it instantly at the intro price. The sax and flute was worth the intro price alone.

Softube Valley People Dyna-Mite -

I had been wanting this for a long time when I finally picked it up for half price in a sale. I still need to learn to master it, though. I guess buying this is symptomatic for already owning all I really need and still wanting to score something in a sale...

LoveOne Proton Particle Accelerator-

A really cool granular synth, and the best Re-purchase of the five. I really prefer this one over the Reason 10 Grains. I guess I just enjoy the interface more. I did a lot of my "christmas" album on this one. Have a listen - if you like - right here:

Update:

I just bought Nostromo. I just could not get past it at that price (it's currently on sale for half the regular price)!

EnochLight

26 Feb 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Your 5 most recent RE purchases ..Well the title says it all. (No VSTs)
If you want you can also add a comment on what made you buy them.
For me:
  • Reasonistas SideChain ReAction Enveloper - couldn't pass up the sale, and it's a sweet device.
  • Robotic Bean TS-1 Time Slider - super quick and effective timing adjustment. LOVE!
  • Kuassa amp cabs (a bunch) - I promised Dimi I'd buy them if he did some Cocteau Twins stuff for me.
  • KHz Toolbox - was eyeing it for years; decided to take the jump when it was on the Black Friday sale.
  • D16 Decimort 2 - it was a pretty bad ass effect at the time. Now? Meh.. it's OK I guess.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kitekrazy

26 Feb 2018

kHs Frequency Shifter
kHs Pitch Shifter

Modular bundle
Movement Waveform Generator
VO-1 Viking Oscillator
Distributor
F-16 Analog Filter
Mark VIII Amplifier

Kraft Synthesizer
Beat Crush 12-Bit Distortion

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2018

Not including any free or promotional RE's this is every RE I've purchased:

Uhbik-A (never use it anymore)
- wanted another big reverb and this was new, so it sounded good .. not so much anymore

Deep Reverb (use it in every track)
- this is a fantastic looong reverb for ambient music. this is my 'go to' reverb.

Ambi-Nature (used it once)
- wanted something odd to add texture to some tracks, the price ($9) was the clincher.

ChamberTron RE (never used in a song)
- I won the RE-Tron rack extension in a promo, and liked enough to show some gratitude by purchasing their follow up.

Antidote (never used as a synth)
- bought for something different, and the effects (and ability to route audio into them).

I guess I should try and get more use out of them ;)

Oquasec

27 Feb 2018

What I have so far including the 50+ free rack extensions?
Attachments
FireShot Capture 1 - My orders - Propellerhead - https___www.propellerheads.se_user_orders_.png
FireShot Capture 1 - My orders - Propellerhead - https___www.propellerheads.se_user_orders_.png (363.44 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Faastwalker

27 Feb 2018

Nostromo 2
Parafilter III Sequencer
Spectre Spectral Delay / Distillery Beat Looper (bundle)
StringWERK Strings
Fritz ..... Transmogrifier!!

EDIT: Just spotted Nostromo is currently 50% off. So might have to add that to the list ;)

EDIT 2: Bought Nostromo. Couldn't resist. Fantastic.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 05 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Melody303

28 Feb 2018

Nostromo (last December)
ABL3 Update (May '17)
Fritz (April '17)
Probability CV Trigger (May '16)
t00b Distortion (May '16)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

wishMachine

28 Feb 2018

Distillery/Spectre (The Chaotix Bundle)
- Bought this because I really wanted Distillery... like *really* wanted it and figured for a little extra I could grab that delay too. Love airraid audio's applied logic. Things go from subtle to balls on the tea trolley crazy in a bout 0.5 of a turn of a knob. Then there's a few more turns until you reach 10!

Fritz
- Bought this after watching a reasonexpuhrts duht cuhm video about the device. Always applied as an inline reverb unit. (it's become a staple)

kHs Reverb
- No brainer! This simply had to happen. Sounds awesome on various sources where other reverbs just aren't working. Really easy to dial in the sound you want to.

Distortion Trifecta
- Figured I owed something for getting the polymodular set up pretty much free (25 Euros for that... yeah, practically free!) These puppies are good for pulling frequencies out of sounds dependant on source.

Filter Classics
- I know there are other filters there, I'm sure I'll play with them at some point... But my God Acid is gorgeous!
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

rgdaniel

28 Feb 2018

Poltergeist 1.0.0 FULL - was going to sit this one out, but it was on sale, and getting some love here, so I went for it, seems like it might be fun so far

Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer 2.0.3 FULL - I saw a vid recently, Hydlide I think, that started to make this one make a little sense, less baffling, so when it went on sale...

Mixfood Ambi Urban Ambiance Generator 1.0.0 FULL - I had some brief fun with the Nature version, and it was on for cheap, so...

kHs Trance Gate 1.0.11 FULL - what can I say, nine bucks...

kHs Reverb 1.0.5 FULL - also nine bucks... I'm sensing a pattern... :)

MannequinRaces

01 Mar 2018

Nostromo - purchased minutes ago, deal of the week sale. I've been eyeballing this one for a long time and have almost all of Lectric Panda's other REs.
Distillery - bought during Christmas sale
SideChain ReAction Envloper - bought during intro pricing, looking forward to the update (whatever that will entail)
The Legend - another deal of the week, this thing sounds AMAZING
Sunder Amplitude Splitter and Fritz - bought at the same time end of summer sale I think

Ottostrom

05 Mar 2018

wishMachine wrote:
28 Feb 2018
- Bought this after watching a reasonexpuhrts duht cuhm video about the device.
:lol:

• Information