Review by Stock Music Musician (with video): Selig ColoringEQ

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
ReasonTalk
Posts: 66
Joined: 15 Nov 2016

Post 23 Feb 2018

Selig Audio have really outdone themselves this time with the new Selig ColoringEQ Reason rack extension. In a nutshell, this nifty device includes multiple innovative features in a rack extension format, while also handily offering the tools you need in your everyday workhorse EQ.

Read the article and watch the video here!

User avatar
Voyager
Posts: 499
Joined: 21 Dec 2015

Post 23 Feb 2018

Love Synapse stuff but so glad i didn't pull the trigger on GQ-7 when it was on sales... After trial Selig ColoringEQ is definitively on my buy list and i'm going to get it anyway soon. Looking forward through your article and video, thanks guys :thumbs_up:

JdA57
Posts: 36
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 24 Feb 2018

What a review. Who did it? - Sorry, this is'nt a really good review, because missing some 'in deep details'. We did a test and it got only 3 from 5 stars because some problems / missing features for that price (and no answere from the DEV if maybe he'll change / fix).

Yes, want buy this too. The idea of this RE is really great. Money is waiting here (can be transfered anytime). But I have to wait because some problems with this RE, some missing features and because there is up to now no answere from Selig if, or when he'll fix or change.
Because there are many way's to get exact same result another way, it is'nt as so important to buy, but it's a really fine 'all in one'-concept for this (nothing new) at a perfect low CPU-usage-level.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1835
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 24 Feb 2018

JdA57 wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Because there are many way's to get exact same result another way, it is'nt as so important to buy, but it's a really fine 'all in one'-concept for this (nothing new) at a perfect low CPU-usage-level.
I'd be delighted to know of the other ways to get the same results!

Let me know :)
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 1555
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 24 Feb 2018

I tried it. It's nice. But I still prefer to work with GQ-7, simply because it looks better and already does everything I need it to do. It just looks cleaner and the spectrum display is bigger and moves a lot smoother.
The ability to solo bands with Seligs EQ is great though.

The most exciting thing for me with Seligs EQ was the saturation part, but I found that I could get similar or imo better results with Ozones exciter.

Still I appreciate every developer that brings new good stuff to the Reason platform and I'm willing to try everything new that comes out that I could potentially find interesting.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 697
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 24 Feb 2018

Nice article and video! Going to try this out for sure. Congrats on the release Selig and coding by Pitchblende!

spacefarmer
Posts: 50
Joined: 16 Aug 2015

Post 25 Feb 2018

Thank You Mr. Selig and Pitchblende!
For the way I work with/in reason, coloring eq will be the most used rack extension.
If I would be able to develop my dreamsynthesizer as a "whole in one-rack extension", something like coloring eq would be a part of it.
Yes, there are other rack extensions/VST that could be combined to ger similar results, but with more work to do and more CPU-usage.
I like this RE very much and don't want to miss it anymore!

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 7338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 25 Feb 2018

JdA57 wrote:What a review. Who did it? - Sorry, this is'nt a really good review, because missing some 'in deep details'. We did a test and it got only 3 from 5 stars because some problems / missing features for that price (and no answere from the DEV if maybe he'll change / fix).

Yes, want buy this too. The idea of this RE is really great. Money is waiting here (can be transfered anytime). But I have to wait because some problems with this RE, some missing features and because there is up to now no answere from Selig if, or when he'll fix or change.
Because there are many way's to get exact same result another way, it is'nt as so important to buy, but it's a really fine 'all in one'-concept for this (nothing new) at a perfect low CPU-usage-level.
I’m sorry if I missed your questions about the coloringEQ and am happy to answer any questions anyone may have. I’d also love to respond to your 3 Star review if you’ll direct me to where I can read it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2108
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 25 Feb 2018

selig wrote:
25 Feb 2018
JdA57 wrote:What a review. Who did it? - Sorry, this is'nt a really good review, because missing some 'in deep details'. We did a test and it got only 3 from 5 stars because some problems / missing features for that price (and no answere from the DEV if maybe he'll change / fix).

Yes, want buy this too. The idea of this RE is really great. Money is waiting here (can be transfered anytime). But I have to wait because some problems with this RE, some missing features and because there is up to now no answere from Selig if, or when he'll fix or change.
Because there are many way's to get exact same result another way, it is'nt as so important to buy, but it's a really fine 'all in one'-concept for this (nothing new) at a perfect low CPU-usage-level.
I’m sorry if I missed your questions about the coloringEQ and am happy to answer any questions anyone may have. I’d also love to respond to your 3 Star review if you’ll direct me to where I can read it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig!!! I'm constantly amazed by your mature way of interacting with people, questions and requests here! Wow!

D.

ltbrunt00
Posts: 363
Joined: 10 Jan 2017

Post 20 Nov 2018

Selig will your coloring EQ make it to the rent to own product list?
Reason 10.5

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 7338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
25 Feb 2018
selig wrote:
25 Feb 2018

I’m sorry if I missed your questions about the coloringEQ and am happy to answer any questions anyone may have. I’d also love to respond to your 3 Star review if you’ll direct me to where I can read it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig!!! I'm constantly amazed by your mature way of interacting with people, questions and requests here! Wow!

D.
Yea, when I read stuff like that I really want to point out there actually are not ANY other EQs doing what this one is doing, not even close. I'm not sure why folks are getting the wrong impression, but if there's anything I can correct on my end I'm always ready willing and able! I don't want to leave folks with the impression I'm making "me too" products here. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 7338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Nov 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
20 Nov 2018
Selig will your coloring EQ make it to the rent to own product list?
If they open it up to developers I'll jump on board for sure!
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
cognitive
Posts: 106
Joined: 25 Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles

Post 20 Nov 2018

I've had this EQ for some time, and ever since I picked it up, it makes it into every single mix. It's always in my master insert chain and often sprinkled around elsewhere in the rack as well, especially as an insert in a drums combinator.

I haven't explored everything it can do (which is a LOT), but even for my "bread and butter" mix (and other) EQ tasks, I easily get a lot more life out of my tracks with the comprehensive EQ, band-based saturation and other great features all right there in one RE.

Definitely one of my "desert island" REs.

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 7338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Nov 2018

Heads up: Coloring EQ is 25% off for Black Friday starting tomorrow!
Selig Audio, LLC

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], LmstPv and 4 guests