A-List Guitar REs vs. UJAM Virtual Guitarist VSTs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
S1GNL

20 Feb 2018

Hey guys,

After some frustrating and unsatisfying affairs with Cubase, Pro Tools and Studio One, I've decided to get back together with my puppy love Reason. I'm about to get some REs and just stumbled about the A-List REs.
Turns out those are the RE versions of the UJAM Virtual Guitarist VSTs I dig so much!

Anyone here who used or is using both versions?
Are there any differences in terms of quality or range of samples/phrases?

As far as I can see on the UI screenshots the set of features is the same.

FLVZ

20 Feb 2018

Try asking this question in the VST forum ? I doubt many people in the Rack Extension thread will be familiar with Ujam; though Props are known for licensing and repackaging 3rd party content.

esselfortium

20 Feb 2018

Flavolous wrote:
20 Feb 2018
I doubt many people in the Rack Extension thread will be familiar with Ujam; Props are known for licensing and repackaging 3rd party content.
UJAM are the developers of the A-List Guitar REs as well as the Virtual Guitarist VSTs. They're related products.

edit: nvm, this was literally specified in the OP, i'm an idiot
Last edited by esselfortium on 20 Feb 2018, edited 2 times in total.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

joeyluck

20 Feb 2018

S1GNL wrote:
20 Feb 2018
Hey guys,

After some frustrating and unsatisfying affairs with Cubase, Pro Tools and Studio One, I've decided to get back together with my puppy love Reason. I'm about to get some REs and just stumbled about the A-List REs.
Turns out those are the RE versions of the UJAM Virtual Guitarist VSTs I dig so much!

Yes, they are for the most part the same. The bonus of the RE versions can be found on the backside (by hitting TAB); such as the A-List Guitarists having the additional raw output and the A-List Drummers having CV inputs and outputs per drum (making it possible to trigger other things with A-List patterns and to trigger A-List drums with other RE sequencers). If you are new to Reason, then the best bet would be to trial the RE versions to compare. The A-List REs were built using the IDT which was created by UJAM.

S1GNL

21 Feb 2018

joeyluck wrote:
20 Feb 2018

the A-List Guitarists having the additional raw output
Oh my god, I haven't seen that! That's THE feature VG users are trying get from UJAM for years, because the samples are already amp'ed when using the "Clean" setting.

The REs don't have the speed option, but I think the phrases sound unnaturally in 0.5x/2x anyway...

Sold! :D

ujam-instruments
RE Developer

22 Feb 2018

S1GNL wrote:
20 Feb 2018
Hey guys,

Hi there,
Thanks a lot for your interest in Virtual Guitarist!

Since A-List Guitarist is Virtual Guitarists “Brother in Rack Extension” you'll find out that these two plug-in series are mostly the same.
In most guitars, the functionality and the content is the same, the Virtual Guitarists have some more Effects, additionally they have the "Speed" function that the Rack Extensions don't have. But A-List Guitarists have one big benefit: I'm talking about output!
Apart from that, Reason does not support disk streaming, which results in the Virtual Guitarists using less hardware resources.

If you have officially purchased one or more of the Reason Rack Extensions A-List Guitarists you can get a 50% discount coupon if you want to purchase the correlating Virtual Guitarist VST/AU/AAX Plugin.
To get the coupon, please write us an e-mail to support@ujam.com and we'll happily provide you with a coupon code.

In any case we wish you lots of fun and creativity with the instruments you decide for.

Kind regards and Rock on

Jannik from UJAM Instruments
UJAM Development GmbH | An der Reeperbahn 6 | 28217 Bremen, Germany, Sitz Bremen
Geschäftsführer: Peter Gorges, Axel Hensen | Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 26913 HB

S1GNL

26 Feb 2018

ujam-instruments wrote:
22 Feb 2018
S1GNL wrote:
20 Feb 2018
Hey guys,

Hi there,
Thanks a lot for your interest in Virtual Guitarist!

Since A-List Guitarist is Virtual Guitarists “Brother in Rack Extension” you'll find out that these two plug-in series are mostly the same.
In most guitars, the functionality and the content is the same, the Virtual Guitarists have some more Effects, additionally they have the "Speed" function that the Rack Extensions don't have. But A-List Guitarists have one big benefit: I'm talking about output!
Apart from that, Reason does not support disk streaming, which results in the Virtual Guitarists using less hardware resources.

If you have officially purchased one or more of the Reason Rack Extensions A-List Guitarists you can get a 50% discount coupon if you want to purchase the correlating Virtual Guitarist VST/AU/AAX Plugin.
To get the coupon, please write us an e-mail to support@ujam.com and we'll happily provide you with a coupon code.

In any case we wish you lots of fun and creativity with the instruments you decide for.

Kind regards and Rock on

Jannik from UJAM Instruments
UJAM Development GmbH | An der Reeperbahn 6 | 28217 Bremen, Germany, Sitz Bremen
Geschäftsführer: Peter Gorges, Axel Hensen | Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 26913 HB
Oh mein Gott, wir sind ja quasi Nachbarn!! Ich wohne in der Nähe der Konsul-Smidt-Str! :lol:

• Information