Favourite psychedelic effects RE ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
FLVZ

19 Feb 2018

Just wondering what effects everyone uses to get obscure/weird/otherworldly sounds out of a plain old synth or drumloop patch?

I'm a big fan of Neutron, use that in almost every project. Also growing fond of Distillery & Spectre, synchronous is another one I use, was just wondering what else is out there. I seem to have more fun constructing weird sounds than anything traditional so thought I'd ask here.

madmacman

19 Feb 2018

Always worth a try: Audiomatic Retro Transformer with „Eerie“ preset

jayhosking

19 Feb 2018

There are a few I like in Audiomatic, yeah, especially when automating the main or dry/wet knobs.

eXode

19 Feb 2018

Echobode is a psychedelic swizz army knife!

MannequinRaces

19 Feb 2018

Echobode, Fritz, and Relapse Multiband Delay are my favorites.

dvdrtldg

19 Feb 2018

Fritz, Graindad and Grain Delay are all excellent

Primal Audio's Acid filter is great to insert somewhere in the signal chain if you want to devolve everything into a squelchy bubbling mess

Also if you want to get into VST effects, I highly recommend Sandman Pro and Fault by Unfiltered Audio

WillyOD

19 Feb 2018

Echobode?
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

PSoames

19 Feb 2018

A bit of reverse delay from JP's Steerpike and and a touch of Rotor are must have ingredients for 60s style psychadelia.

bsp

19 Feb 2018

also check out Déjà Vu Delay, it has a really cool "Boomerang" mode.

scratchnsnifff

19 Feb 2018

Air raid audios g delay cascade presets

Polar

Any granular effect or delay and pitch shifter :) you can make your own echobode ish device using the echo and a pitch shifter connected to its feedback loop:)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

20 Feb 2018

Most devices are already named. In most cases I use The Delay with high modulation and a feedback loop which i modulate. The break out of The Delay is another thing to hook up weird stuff to, like synchronous, Echo Bode, more delays, phasers and and and. Handling left and right different is also always a good idea
Reason12, Win10

antic604

20 Feb 2018

Of the effects not mentioned yet, I can recommend trying out Synapse's Fat Space - its Reverse mode and Predelay can create really weird, otherworldly textures our of simple sounds.

dhruan

20 Feb 2018

Neutron is cool... I usually go for:

Echobode
Audiomatic
Synchronous
Steerpike
Chenille

Whatever whenever... I've had my eye on Spectre & Distillery for a while now.... Will need to pull the trigger on that package deal (Chaotix) at some point.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2018

Frequency modulation

FLVZ

20 Feb 2018

Some food for thought here. I may have accidentally accumulated a shopping list :lol:

k0sh

21 Feb 2018

challism

22 Feb 2018

All the devices already mentioned are great suggestions. Also throwing an instance of Bitspeek from Sonic Charge, or Decimort from D16 Group (modulate that big frequency knob) somewhere into the mix can have some really crazy results.

Steerpike is a great device to use, in combination with other effects, if you want some psychedelic sounds. Try putting different effects on the different breakout channels. Mess around with the steer, feedback and tap knobs.

Nobody has mentioned GSX by Sononics. I think this is an excellent effect device. It can be used in so many different ways. Try putting it on a breakout loop of Echo or Steerpike and play it like an instrument, playing the stutters at different rates (triplets, eighths, sixteenths) and play around with the tape stop.

Etch Red is also worthy of a mention, with so many modulation possibilities on board.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2018

Fritz is nice, especially since I'm not a tweaker. I can just press the patch generator button a couple of times and all of a sudden weird noises are coming out. Perfect.

FLVZ

23 Feb 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Feb 2018
Fritz is nice, especially since I'm not a tweaker. I can just press the patch generator button a couple of times and all of a sudden weird noises are coming out. Perfect.
I remember you made a thread for disperser a while back, that did some really weird shit to your drums, which I think I might like on some tracks that will probably be added to the unwritten list!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2018

Flavolous wrote:
23 Feb 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Feb 2018
I remember you made a thread for disperser a while back, that did some really weird shit to your drums, which I think I might like on some tracks that will probably be added to the unwritten list!
Yep I still use it all the time. I couldn't live without it at this point.

• Information