Synapse sell out: All RE for 99 ATM

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

01 Oct 2018

Creativemind wrote:
01 Oct 2018
This is one hell of a deal. I trialled The Legend a few months ago and was well impressed with it. Worth it for that alone seeing as it's the same price for this bundle as that Re in itself. What are the other effects included like that come with it, are they decent?

I've also heard before that Antidote is a CPU killer, has that changed at all?
The fx are very good, the sound is great, but they are less tweakable than others. Never noticed that Antidote is CPU hungry, but this depends on your machine.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

02 Oct 2018

I think Antidote was a bit heavy when it came out in comparison to the stock devices and the synths that had come before, but I don't think it's CPU heavy by today's standards. It's a very nice synth to program and play with and it sounds great. I'd say I use it like other people use Thor - the default synth.

EdGrip

02 Oct 2018

I should add that I paid more than 99 for Antidote alone, and still play it all the time. If you don't have either of the synths, buy buy buy.

jayhosking

02 Oct 2018

Creativemind wrote:
01 Oct 2018

I haven't found Antidote to be that bad, certainly not at the level of the newer Blamsoft stuff. And here's the thing I didn't know when I bought into the bundle: Antidote has a fantastic workflow, sounds incredible, and has excellent effects. I bought into the bundle thinking it was mainly for effects, and now I use Antidote all the time.

seqoi

02 Oct 2018

I will buy this by the end of this week. Insane deal. Hopefully Synapse is doing fine! Love this company and their quality.

Loque

02 Oct 2018

jayhosking wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Creativemind wrote:
01 Oct 2018

I haven't found Antidote to be that bad, certainly not at the level of the newer Blamsoft stuff. And here's the thing I didn't know when I bought into the bundle: Antidote has a fantastic workflow, sounds incredible, and has excellent effects. I bought into the bundle thinking it was mainly for effects, and now I use Antidote all the time.
Thats a good point with Antidote and FX. You get all Antidote FX on top and i think same goes for The Legend and you can also use The Legends filter AFAIR.
Reason12, Win10

stp2015

02 Oct 2018

Just want to chime in:
  • The Synapse bundle is absolutely fantastic.
  • Reason 10 without Synapse products does not make sense.
  • Antidote is not that resource hungry. The reputation is from several years ago and is nowhere near stuff like ReSpire
  • Antidote is somewhat old, but it does not feel that way and remains one of the very best rack extensions available for Reason
  • All devices (really every single one in the bundle) are great. Best ones IMHO: Antidote, Legend, GQ7.
If you don't have it, just buy it.

adfielding

02 Oct 2018

That's a fantastic price for that bundle. I don't use Antidote as much as I used to, but it's still a great synth. The Legend is absolutely fantastic, and the DR-1 has become my go-to algorithmic reverb in Reason. The AF-4 sounds great (tbh I wish the drive was available as a separate unit!), and I really like using the VE-3 on guitar tracks. Everything else is gravy - the chorus and phaser make great replacements for the stock (old) Reason equivalents, and while I only tend to use the ring mod occasionally it still sounds great.

I paid more for the FX bundle back when that was a thing, and I don't regret my decision one bit. Synapse are a top-tier RE developer, and if you don't own any of these REs then I can highly recommend it.

Faastwalker

02 Oct 2018

Shit! Insane deal. The only Synapse RE I've actually bought is Antidote.

kinkujin

02 Oct 2018

I went and did it! The Legend demo I watched not too long ago had me salivating but just couldn't justify it ... but this bundle?!?!?! -- I just had to do it. As a new user with practically no REs yet this just really jumpstarted me. And I have always loved Synapse (since the Orion days).

Now the time is all I need ....

SmokeyJ

02 Oct 2018

Has anyone confirmed that getting the bundle at this price will get you the Legend vst?

I do understand this is an incredible deal without that, but the addition of the vst would push me over the edge, I think.

antic604

02 Oct 2018

SmokeyJ wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Has anyone confirmed that getting the bundle at this price will get you the Legend vst?

I do understand this is an incredible deal without that, but the addition of the vst would push me over the edge, I think.
Message them on FB, they're usually pretty quick to respond. I got the VST few months back, but I paid $199 for the bundle then (which I still think is a great price!)

joeyluck

02 Oct 2018

Legend has been on my list. Got so many synths though during the time Legend wasn't on sale. This is a pretty awesome deal, but I don't see myself using anything else in the bundle, so might just wait for a Legend sale down the road...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Legend has been on my list. Got so many synths though during the time Legend wasn't on sale. This is a pretty awesome deal, but I don't see myself using anything else in the bundle, so might just wait for a Legend sale down the road...
No no no. The other stuff in the bundle is good too. It's a crime not to buy this deal if you haven't got all the Synapse stuff already. At least try them before rejecting this deal from one of the best RE developers.

joeyluck

02 Oct 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 Oct 2018
joeyluck wrote:
02 Oct 2018
No no no. The other stuff in the bundle is good too. It's a crime not to buy this deal if you haven't got all the Synapse stuff already. At least try them before rejecting this deal from one of the best RE developers.
Oh yeah for sure. I've tried everything over the years. I've got so many synths now and other effect devices that do exactly what I want. Nothing against anything else in this bundle. Legend though was the one Synapse RE I tried that I really really liked.

Aosta

02 Oct 2018

Got to say Antidote is probably still my fave synth, such a pleasure to play around with and still sounds awesome considering it was one of the first REs to come out.
If it isn't already it will be a classic one day.
Tend the flame

Creativemind

02 Oct 2018

Thanks for your input guys. Bought!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

tronam

03 Oct 2018

Such a good deal. I’d jump on this in a heartbeat if I didn’t already have most of them; They’re all incredibly useful. The RE-160 is new to me though. A DBX160 emulation?
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

seqoi

03 Oct 2018

Bought it!! Feeling so good. Almost like i cheated. Thumbs up.

xylyx

05 Oct 2018

I actually own none of the Synapse stuff currently...always planned to buy some of their stuff, it just never happened. That is a really good price at a time when I don't have any spare cash - unless I can make my car run on air and the money I save on fuel can be used for this...?!

O1B

05 Oct 2018

Walk. Bus Pass. Share a Ride. Fuch Starbucks and Fries for a week.

$99 bucks and all those beautiful REs.... gently deposited into your account.
You Lucky Lima-Bean!

I own 60% for about $600? 700? back in RE startup time.
I will weep when I hit Pay Now - if its not too late.

But YOU?? .... ah! Halloween and Black Friday comin' up, so save for then.
IF that includes Antidote??
xylyx wrote:
05 Oct 2018
I actually own none of the Synapse stuff currently...always planned to buy some of their stuff, it just never happened. That is a really good price at a time when I don't have any spare cash - unless I can make my car run on air and the money I save on fuel can be used for this...?!

antic604

05 Oct 2018

xylyx wrote:
05 Oct 2018
unless I can make my car run on air and the money I save on fuel can be used for this...?!
You won't know if you don't try. We can't answer that, primarily because you've not mentioned the make and model of the car...

:P

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2018

xylyx wrote:
05 Oct 2018
I’ll drive you in my car if you give me Legend.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xylyx

07 Oct 2018

O1B wrote:
05 Oct 2018
Unfortunately, I live rurally and work in a rural area too, so the car is essential. I also hate coffee and rarely do fries. But this was too good to pass up, so I purchased anyway - I'll just live on pasta with passata for the next month, it'll be worth it :D
MrFigg wrote:
05 Oct 2018

I’ll drive you in my car if you give me Legend.
Could be a long drive if you're not UK based :puf_bigsmile:

Oh, and irrespective of where you live, no to giving you Legend :puf_wink:

O1B

08 Oct 2018

I’m happy for you. Synapse has their shit wired tight.
You’re pretty set with that for Instruments and hella FX.
Game On, Wayne!

About the Passata, ... check RobC, .. he may be able to help you with that.
But, I’m sure you can rustle up a spicey meat ball.
xylyx wrote:
07 Oct 2018
O1B wrote:
05 Oct 2018
Unfortunately, I live rurally and work in a rural area too, so the car is essential. I also hate coffee and rarely do fries. But this was too good to pass up, so I purchased anyway - I'll just live on pasta with passata for the next month, it'll be worth it :D

• Information