Synapse sell out: All RE for 99 ATM

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
groggy1

15 Apr 2018

madmacman wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Well, slowly these constant "insane" sales reinforce my doubts: Is Reason a sustainable product? Or are these the signs of demise?
I think these insane sales can mean one of two things:
1) people are buying less REs now that vst is viable (ie RE fx and instruments are dead)
2) reason itself wants to increase user base

Since pricing is up to RE devs, that makes me think it’s #1.

Hopefully REs will get another infusion of life when they introduce RE Players.

eXode

15 Apr 2018

jayhosking wrote:
11 Apr 2018
I haven't tried out the filter, ring mod, compressor, or Antidote, mainly because I have great options for most already. But maybe I should? Is Antidote worth it for the preset patches? I like its layout and it looks super easy to program, but the Legend, VK-2, eXpanse, Grain, and Europa are sucking up all my synth attention these days. And I haven't tried Selig's new EQ yet either, which conceivably give me all of GQ7 plus band saturation.

Argh. If I didn't already own the Legend, this would be a no-brainer. As it stands, I'm not sure I need another EQ/reverb/phaser, even though I quite like them. Thoughts, anybody? Anything key I'm missing?
Can't really comment on the preset patches as tastes differ but in my opinion Antidote is a great bread 'n butter synth and is very straight forward to use. The effects share pages at the bottom but everything else is on the same screen. I think it has it's own character for sure.

Zac

15 Apr 2018

If i was coming from outside reason and had no rack extensions Antidote would be my first buy.

It was the 1st RE synth to nail it IMO. It's so useable and sounds awesome. Hard to beat.

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2018

I've downloaded the trial, feel like I've already got that ground covered though, otherwise this is a fantastic deal.

Aerond

15 Apr 2018

groggy1 wrote:
15 Apr 2018
madmacman wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Well, slowly these constant "insane" sales reinforce my doubts: Is Reason a sustainable product? Or are these the signs of demise?
1) people are buying less REs now that vst is viable (ie RE fx and instruments are dead)

I think is number 3; Having in count that RE user base is not very big, I can see a relative success of the Subscription service, leading to a decrease in sales, together with number 1.

As far as I'm concerned, I have everything I need in my subscription, therefore not buying any RE's soon, unless it's a very cheap and good offer and I already use it in the subscription, making room for other things.

Psuper

15 Apr 2018

Aerond wrote:
15 Apr 2018
groggy1 wrote:
15 Apr 2018

I think is number 3; Having in count that RE user base is not very big, I can see a relative success of the Subscription service, leading to a decrease in sales, together with number 1.

As far as I'm concerned, I have everything I need in my subscription, therefore not buying any RE's soon, unless it's a very cheap and good offer and I already use it in the subscription, making room for other things.
Going by polls, forums and experience I don't think the subscription service was ever "successful", and less likely to be so at this stage of the game.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

jayhosking

15 Apr 2018

eXode wrote:
15 Apr 2018

Can't really comment on the preset patches as tastes differ but in my opinion Antidote is a great bread 'n butter synth and is very straight forward to use. The effects share pages at the bottom but everything else is on the same screen. I think it has it's own character for sure.
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I tried it out yesterday and purchased the bundle in the same day, which should give you an idea of what I think of it. It is basically the update to Thor or Subtractor that I always wanted. While eXpanse and Europa are fantastic synths, sometimes I'm looking for a more streamlined patch-creation process, and Antidote seems to be a great fit for that. There are a lot of brilliant little features—like the "dyad" option that adds character to virtually any starting waveform—that sum up to a great synth. And the reverb sounds really good for an on-board unit. Oh, and the presets I've scanned through, especially the pads, are really strong. (It didn't escape me that many of the presets end with "EX", so amazing work there.)

I wasn't looking for a synth, but I'm really glad I found this one. My synth collection in Reason is just absurdly good now, so I have no excuses to not make music on my upcoming vacation.

scratchnsnifff

17 Apr 2018

jayhosking wrote:
15 Apr 2018
eXode wrote:
15 Apr 2018

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I tried it out yesterday and purchased the bundle in the same day, which should give you an idea of what I think of it. It is basically the update to Thor or Subtractor that I always wanted. While eXpanse and Europa are fantastic synths, sometimes I'm looking for a more streamlined patch-creation process, and Antidote seems to be a great fit for that. There are a lot of brilliant little features—like the "dyad" option that adds character to virtually any starting waveform—that sum up to a great synth. And the reverb sounds really good for an on-board unit. Oh, and the presets I've scanned through, especially the pads, are really strong. (It didn't escape me that many of the presets end with "EX", so amazing work there.)

I wasn't looking for a synth, but I'm really glad I found this one. My synth collection in Reason is just absurdly good now, so I have no excuses to not make music on my upcoming vacation.
I’m actually glad that someone has purchased this bundle, unfortunately I have a lot of their stuff so it wouldn’t make sense.
I really wish all of these deals happened 2-3 years ago when I really started to get intrigued by sound design but at least they eventually put options like this out there.

Side note, I hope this specific bundle means some sort of new synapse project in the works :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

jayhosking

17 Apr 2018

God, I hope so. Between the Legend, Antidote, and their reverbs, I am smitten right now.

flightONE

24 Apr 2018

This bundle is a mind-blowing deal!!

I have Antidote and GQ-7 already which is the main reason am not jumping to buy this bundle.. the first one I like, the second one I regret buying...

I think that Antidote and The Legend are worth $200 alone..if only there was a "complete my bundle" thing.

antic604

24 Apr 2018

flightONE wrote:
24 Apr 2018
...GQ-7... I regret buying...
Can I ask why?

Loque

24 Apr 2018

flightONE wrote:
24 Apr 2018

I have Antidote and GQ-7 already which is the main reason am not jumping to buy this bundle.. the first one I like, the second one I regret buying...

I think that Antidote and The Legend are worth $200 alone..if only there was a "complete my bundle" thing.
I am curious what you think it is a good price to "complete" your bundle? The fx toolbox was previously sold for 200, The Legend costs 100, the compressor, fat space and Antidote was not included in any bundle before. Considering you already payed Antidote and GQ7 which costs around 200 alone, your price would be? 0?
Reason12, Win10

flightONE

24 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
24 Apr 2018
flightONE wrote:
24 Apr 2018
...GQ-7... I regret buying...
Can I ask why?
I'm not sure.. I got it thinking it might be a huge improvement over M-class but I don't think it's that dramatic, I think it's missing a couple of big features to be a fully fledged mastering EQ...like a cursor, solo-ing bands or per band outputs. If it had either one of those It would be worth the full price.

I got it on sale.. so my regrets are not as big as they could be.. :) Honestly i wish i would've bought the legend instead.

flightONE

24 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
24 Apr 2018
flightONE wrote:
24 Apr 2018

I am curious what you think it is a good price to "complete" your bundle? The fx toolbox was previously sold for 200, The Legend costs 100, the compressor, fat space and Antidote was not included in any bundle before. Considering you already payed Antidote and GQ7 which costs around 200 alone, your price would be? 0?
I got both antidote and gq-7 on different sales over the years for around $200 total which is also a good deal. (wasn't antidote around $189 at some point??) I would easily pay 100 bucks more for completing the bundle. ($300 total instead of $200 is still really good) I could just buy the legend at that price but I'm sure there would be some jealousy towards the bundle buyers hanging over me for the rest of my days and living like that just doesn't seem good for my karma ;)

antic604

24 Apr 2018

flightONE wrote:
24 Apr 2018
I'm not sure.. I got it thinking it might be a huge improvement over M-class but I don't think it's that dramatic, I think it's missing a couple of big features to be a fully fledged mastering EQ...like a cursor, solo-ing bands or per band outputs. If it had either one of those It would be worth the full price.
Well, the fact alone that I can see what's going on is a huge plus to me. Also, much steeper filter curves.

Regarding soloing, have you tried its "Send Mode" (the arrow pointing to the right up top the GUI)? It does exactly that, by subtracting the input signal from the processed signal. The only drawback is it works for all nodes together, but then you can disable those you don't want to hear temporarily.

Lastly, I'm not familiar with EQ that provides separate outputs for individual EQ nodes, as it's more of a job for multiband splitters, like this free one: https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -splitter/

moneykube

24 Apr 2018

got antidote... want legend but not the rest although I hear they are good... $$$$ short
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

antic604

24 Apr 2018

moneykube wrote:
24 Apr 2018
got antidote... want legend but not the rest although I hear they are good... $$$$ short
If you only have Antidote, it's worth for The Legend (+free VST), GQ7 and Fat Space alone. The rest is icing on a cake :)

guitfnky

25 Apr 2018

their VE-3 vintage EQ deserves way more love than it gets. that thing is incredible.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

antic604

25 Apr 2018

guitfnky wrote:
25 Apr 2018
their VE-3 vintage EQ deserves way more love than it gets. that thing is incredible.
I always envy people making such comments, because I can't see (hear?) how an EQ can be incredible, unless it offers some additional features like dynamic gain, frequency masking, EQ matching, etc. like iZotope Neutron 2 does.

I must be deaf :(

guitfnky

25 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
25 Apr 2018
guitfnky wrote:
25 Apr 2018
I always envy people making such comments, because I can't see (hear?) how an EQ can be incredible, unless it offers some additional features like dynamic gain, frequency masking, EQ matching, etc. like iZotope Neutron 2 does.

I must be deaf :(
I don't know much about the technical side of EQs; only that the EQ curve is what makes the biggest difference, most of the time. these are (or seem to be, to me) very wide, so it's not at all a surgical tool, but whatever they've done to the EQ curves in this thing just really works for me.

another part of why I love it is its simplicity. there's a shift knob to move the range of the three bands around if you need it, but there's no Q setting, so it's just a broad boost or cut. it's often really obvious whether it will or won't work for a track, but oh man, when it does...
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

selig
RE Developer

25 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
24 Apr 2018
Lastly, I'm not familiar with EQ that provides separate outputs for individual EQ nodes…
Then I've not done a good job here of promoting my products! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

jimmyklane

25 Apr 2018

Does “The Legend” nail the Moog sound? I’m going to demo it when I get home, but since I’ll be out for the next 6-7 hours I thought I’d ask: does anybody own this and also own either a vintage or modern Moog? I bought into the “Slim Phatty Polysynth” idea when they were new, and I’ve always thought that both as a monosynth and as a cobbled together polysynth that it’s a totally unique sound. When sampled and mangled it sounds like a Moog, when I create a transwave with it using my Ensoniq EPS 16+ it sounds like a Moog....etc,etc.

I’m a huge fan of the uHe synths as I think they really nail that sound, especially with the Repro 1/5...
So anyone know the score with this Synapse synth?
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

eXode

25 Apr 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
25 Apr 2018
Does “The Legend” nail the Moog sound? I’m going to demo it when I get home, but since I’ll be out for the next 6-7 hours I thought I’d ask: does anybody own this and also own either a vintage or modern Moog?
Absolutely yes.

I do not currently own, but have owned the Sub Phatty, and the Realistic MG1. Not in love with the modern Moog sound as much as the vintage sound. Legend absolutely nails that vintage model d sound, in my opinion.

jimmyklane

25 Apr 2018

eXode wrote:
25 Apr 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
25 Apr 2018
Does “The Legend” nail the Moog sound? I’m going to demo it when I get home, but since I’ll be out for the next 6-7 hours I thought I’d ask: does anybody own this and also own either a vintage or modern Moog?
Absolutely yes.

I do not currently own, but have owned the Sub Phatty, and the Realistic MG1. Not in love with the modern Moog sound as much as the vintage sound. Legend absolutely nails that vintage model d sound, in my opinion.
Cool! Thank you for the quick reply. In my opinion, the last synth that Bob Moog himself worked on: Little Phatty and the module version Slim Phatty is the last batch to really nail the classic Moog sound. After he died, they started changing the actual oscillators and introduced “feature creep” instead of innovating with things like more envelopes and LFO’s on the basic building blocks that Bob Moog laid down. Exception is the Model D reissue....that sounds identical to the original, minus factors related to component aging.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

FLVZ

25 Apr 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
25 Apr 2018
Does “The Legend” nail the Moog sound? I’m going to demo it when I get home, but since I’ll be out for the next 6-7 hours I thought I’d ask: does anybody own this and also own either a vintage or modern Moog? I bought into the “Slim Phatty Polysynth” idea when they were new, and I’ve always thought that both as a monosynth and as a cobbled together polysynth that it’s a totally unique sound. When sampled and mangled it sounds like a Moog, when I create a transwave with it using my Ensoniq EPS 16+ it sounds like a Moog....etc,etc.

I’m a huge fan of the uHe synths as I think they really nail that sound, especially with the Repro 1/5...
So anyone know the score with this Synapse synth?
Check this out

• Information