ReSpire at $69 until 16th Feb

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

madmacman

14 Feb 2018

Worth it?
Rhetoric question? ;)

dvdrtldg

14 Feb 2018

Have they fixed all the bugs yet?

joeyluck

14 Feb 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Feb 2018
Have they fixed all the bugs yet?
They fixed bugs a while back and I haven't encountered any since...

bronsoncox
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2018

It's quoted as a WiP, refinements coming, but do we know if there are any plans to add more CV/back panel options?

As it stands, $69 is a steal, just not sure how much more bang I would get against Expanse and others.

Thanks!
Bronson

Adabler
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2018

joeyluck wrote:
14 Feb 2018
I never really considered this because people said it was buggy, but more importantly, that it is very demanding on the CPU. Good to hear the bugs are fixed, but do the old threads around here still apply in terms of it being above average CPU intensive?
:reason: 12, Win10

joeyluck

14 Feb 2018

Adabler wrote:
14 Feb 2018
joeyluck wrote:
14 Feb 2018
I never really considered this because people said it was buggy, but more importantly, that it is very demanding on the CPU. Good to hear the bugs are fixed, but do the old threads around here still apply in terms of it being above average CPU intensive?
I use it sparingly on my MacBook Air. It is demanding on CPU, but perhaps not heavier than other REs that are known to be demanding. It does sound great. I think the remarks about it being CPU intensive is more a result of being able to compare it to a VST counterpart. If there wasn't a VST in which to compare its performance, I think it would be defended as much as other CPU demanding REs. Folks would say it's the price to pay for a great sounding synth. That's my take on it anyhow.

Adabler
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2018

joeyluck wrote:
14 Feb 2018
I use it sparingly on my MacBook Air. It is demanding on CPU, but perhaps not heavier than other REs that are known to be demanding. It does sound great. I think the remarks about it being CPU intensive is more a result of being able to compare it to a VST counterpart. If there wasn't a VST in which to compare its performance, I think it would be defended as much as other CPU demanding REs. Folks would say it's the price to pay for a great sounding synth. That's my take on it anyhow.
Thanks, I will check it out. It must be good, because I can't really remember people being angry about the back side. Then again, the bugs people were describing seemed severe so it probably got overshadowed by that. :)
:reason: 12, Win10

joeyluck

14 Feb 2018

Adabler wrote:
14 Feb 2018
joeyluck wrote:
14 Feb 2018
Thanks, I will check it out. It must be good, because I can't really remember people being angry about the back side. Then again, the bugs people were describing seemed severe so it probably got overshadowed by that. :)
Would be nice to see some CV connectivity at some point. So that users of the RE can fully take advantage of capabilities of the RE format. Right now the answer is to place ReSpire in a Combinator to assign CV, which is essentially the same as using CV with a VST device; where it's basically like automation and not the same as having dedicated CV connections.

Loque

14 Feb 2018

Adabler wrote:
14 Feb 2018
joeyluck wrote:
14 Feb 2018
Bugs seem to be fixed, but didn't used it much the last time. Performance can be quite heavy depending on sound design and is a bit more than eXpanse imo. The overall sound is unique. The usage is a bit fiddly compared to eXpanse. It's worth the sale price.
Reason12, Win10

• Information