Deal of the week: Parsec

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dberndt7
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2018

Still mulling this one.. don't have it, gotta love 50% off the retail as I never bought v1. I downloaded the trial and started to dig into presets. Have to admit it's a different pallet then any of the other stock reason synths and sounds very warm and striking just from the stock sounds.. Personally been into more retro stuff recently, just got a bunch of Soundcells refills which I find very inspiring (analog big box, moog type sounds etc). I love the idea of adding a completely different type of synth but am unsure I'd actually use this in any of my production right now (indie pop songs, kinda retro).. Does anyone find it a goto for certain sounds over other reason synths.. (have to check out the vocoder stuff when I'm back home.. ).. I don't have anything more then stock reason 10 synths right now, plus some refils.. so maybe a good move to expand a little.

EnochLight

15 Feb 2018

dberndt7 wrote:
15 Feb 2018
Does anyone find it a goto for certain sounds over other reason synths.. (have to check out the vocoder stuff when I'm back home.. ).
For vocoding, it's most certainly my go-to synth over everything else in Reason, since the BV512 is really my only other choice. Parsec just has a more frequency-rich/lush sound when vocoding, IMHO (take from that whatever you want, lol)! It's a lot easier to setup for vocoding, as well (just run a mic through it and choose a pad, lead, or whatever).

It has some pretty cool pads, and I like a lot of its atmospheric stuff. Not a fan of it for bass patches, though. I'm glad I have it.

It's super-easy on the CPU, if you're interested.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dberndt7
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2018

drloop wrote:
15 Feb 2018
Not typical vocoder sound, but I am using Parsec as vocal fx in this short demo. 100% Parsec exception my voice....
Thanks for posting both examples. Great tracks! Love the vocoder sound you have here.. might actually be something I'd consider doing.

dberndt7
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
15 Feb 2018

For vocoding, it's most certainly my go-to synth over everything else in Reason, since the BV512 is really my only other choice. Parsec just has a more frequency-rich/lush sound when vocoding, IMHO (take from that whatever you want, lol)! It's a lot easier to setup for vocoding, as well (just run a mic through it and choose a pad, lead, or whatever).

It has some pretty cool pads, and I like a lot of its atmospheric stuff. Not a fan of it for bass patches, though. I'm glad I have it.

It's super-easy on the CPU, if you're interested.
Thanks for the input. I think I may be sold! :thumbup:

• Information