Rack Extension SDK Download

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lempface

11 Feb 2018

Hey guys, I'm interesting in trying out the SDK but can't seem to find where to download it.

I see all the jargon on the /developer page about anyone can register, even without a company, but I can only find the "Register My Company" link. The instructions say to "get the tools" but don't mention where.

I must be blind, can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Harmen

11 Feb 2018

Loque

11 Feb 2018

I am just curious... Since it doesn't require a company... A open source project won't be possible?
Reason12, Win10

Gorgon

11 Feb 2018

Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2018
I am just curious... Since it doesn't require a company... A open source project won't be possible?
NDA
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

theshoemaker

11 Feb 2018

Lempface wrote:
11 Feb 2018
Hey guys, I'm interesting in trying out the SDK but can't seem to find where to download it.

I see all the jargon on the /developer page about anyone can register, even without a company, but I can only find the "Register My Company" link. The instructions say to "get the tools" but don't mention where.

Just leave the company blank and put something like "Later" or "Not Yet".

If you are selling a device you need one anyway.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Lempface

11 Feb 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
11 Feb 2018
Lempface wrote:
11 Feb 2018

I actually tried that several weeks ago and got no response. I found an old prop page that had the SDK though, /developer instead of /developers.

It’s a lot to take in! I do integration development for work, usually in C#. Been wanting to try some DSP stuff though so may still give it a whirl.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Oquasec

11 Feb 2018

They gave me one during June. Have ya contacted em about it? There is no limit to the amount of devices you can make, but you can't give out shit unless you have a real company.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

kitekrazy

11 Feb 2018

Do they have one to make refills for the NNXT? Maybe there's some way to cut down on the tedious work to make your own sample based instruments.

Oquasec

11 Feb 2018

Refill packer isn't what he's talking about. He's talkin about RE.
There is Remote, RE & Refill. One is midi/control protocol, one is plugins, one is Libraries like kontakt
You can make as many private modules as you want, but you can not distribute unless you have an actual company :P

That one asked about trying the sdk out.
Producer/Programmer.

theshoemaker

12 Feb 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
11 Feb 2018
Do they have one to make refills for the NNXT? Maybe there's some way to cut down on the tedious work to make your own sample based instruments.
Besides the repacker, which is freely available to everyone ... That's basically what the IDT (Insturment Development Toolkit) is about.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

avasopht
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2018

Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2018
Yes, but you will need to keep all code interfacing with the SDK out of the public repository.

pongasoft
RE Developer

13 Feb 2018

As you may have noticed all the REs I have made are FREE so I have gone through this process myself:

* they may have changed the rules, but at the time I could not even download the SDK without having an actual company
* if you want to publish an RE, even if free, you will have to create a company/llc/whatever => creation costs money and maintaining it costs money (here I am talking about the US and it depends on which state you live in and/or create your company in... ex: cheaper in Hawaii than Nevada...)
* unfortunately you cannot release your source code publicly even if you do not include the SDK itself. As somebody pointed out, you could only release the code you write that has no relationship at all with the SDK. Which in the end would not be that useful. If it wasn't for this restriction, the source code for all my REs would already be on github. Note that I suggested to Propellerhead the idea of being able to at least privately publish to other RE developers (internally) but have not heard anything back either way. My guess it's a no...

Yan

Lempface

10 Mar 2018

Why is this so complicated? I just tried to register again after not hearing anything from Props and I see this:

Your company has already requested:
REX2 (Approved)
Rack Extensions (Approved)

Now where the hell are the downloads?!

tiker01

10 Mar 2018

Lempface wrote:
10 Mar 2018
Why is this so complicated? I just tried to register again after not hearing anything from Props and I see this:

Your company has already requested:
REX2 (Approved)
Rack Extensions (Approved)

Now where the hell are the downloads?!
https://www.propellerheads.se/developer/

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Zac

10 Mar 2018

Oquasec wrote:
11 Feb 2018
They gave me one during June. Have ya contacted em about it? There is no limit to the amount of devices you can make, but you can't give out shit unless you have a real company.
This users ^^ usual trolling and unreliable info. Dead wrong. A taxable account is required if a developer sells something for profit. A 'real company' is not required unless it is taxable. I.e for profit. This guy really erks me. Subtle but such a master bater.

nickb523
RE Developer

10 Mar 2018

Zac wrote:
10 Mar 2018
Oquasec wrote:
11 Feb 2018
This users ^^ usual trolling and unreliable info. Dead wrong. A taxable account is required if a developer sells something for profit. A 'real company' is not required unless it is taxable. I.e for profit. This guy really erks me. Subtle but such a master bater.
You cannot release RE's even for free unless you have the required tax details.

In the UK you need to have one of either -

A valid VAT registration number
A valid Limited Company registration number

Without either one of those you cannot distribute anything.

Oquasec

10 Mar 2018

nickb523 wrote:
10 Mar 2018
Zac wrote:
10 Mar 2018

You cannot release RE's even for free unless you have the required tax details.

In the UK you need to have one of either -

A valid VAT registration number
A valid Limited Company registration number

Without either one of those you cannot distribute anything.
This is correct
Producer/Programmer.

Zac

11 Mar 2018

I may have been drinking. But you'll always be pedantic.

Faastwalker

13 Mar 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
11 Feb 2018

I didn't realise you could do that when I signed up. Went the whole hog & registered a company name, got an ABN number. Then signed up & got the tools. That's about as far as I got. When my annual letter turned up to renew company name I let it. But I need not have bothered registering in the first place from what I gather now. :roll:

gmshoward

20 Apr 2018

I am in the same boat as Lempface: wanted to develop rack extensions, registered on the developer page, apparently got approved to develop rack extensions, but haven't received any e-mail acknowledgment and certainly no download link. Anybody figured this one out yet? Is there a contact e-mail for would-be Rack Extension developers?

Thanks!

Goodbye

21 Apr 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Mar 2018
theshoemaker wrote:
11 Feb 2018

I didn't realise you could do that when I signed up. Went the whole hog & registered a company name, got an ABN number. Then signed up & got the tools. That's about as far as I got. When my annual letter turned up to renew company name I let it. But I need not have bothered registering in the first place from what I gather now. :roll:
For the record you need a Ltd Company even if you are giving one away.

QVprod

21 Apr 2018

The advice on companies will vary. In New York (US), you can function as a DBA (doing business as) without any costs. Here a tax number can be a SSN or you can apply for an EIN (also free).

nickb523
RE Developer

21 Apr 2018

gmshoward wrote:
20 Apr 2018
I am in the same boat as Lempface: wanted to develop rack extensions, registered on the developer page, apparently got approved to develop rack extensions, but haven't received any e-mail acknowledgment and certainly no download link. Anybody figured this one out yet? Is there a contact e-mail for would-be Rack Extension developers?

Thanks!
Make sure you are logged in on the main Propellerhead's site and then go here - https://www.propellerheads.se/developer/

EnochLight

21 Apr 2018

Goodbye wrote:
21 Apr 2018
For the record you need a Ltd Company even if you are giving one away.
Incorrect. This is dependent upon where you reside. For instance, where I'm at all you need is a DBA.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

21 Apr 2018

wow, thanks for the link, nickb and tiker! I was in the same boat. I submitted a registration request about 2 weeks ago, and never heard back. I then sent an email to Props' support, and didn't hear back from them either. and here the links are, ready to go. a notification email with some links would've been nice, but oh well.

much appreciated! :D
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information