CV-I/O Bundle from Robotic Bean

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

09 Feb 2018

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... io-bundle/
Making CV connections outside of your Reason rack has never been easier! Your Reason devices can now smoothly exchange CV signals with hardware synthesizers or advanced modular software like Reaktor and VCV Rack. All in high resolution and low latency since it uses audio channels to transfer the signals. This bundle includes CV-I and CV-O, two slick 8-channel devices where each channel can be named and visually monitored.
Introductory offer: Bundle is 27 €/$ until 9 March, then it goes up to 39 €/$

It's great for sending/receiving gates, triggers and modulation. It's not that useful for pitch CV, for that you should use the Silent Way Voice Controller instead.
Last edited by buddard on 14 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

09 Feb 2018

I am just curious, is this just audio<->CV conversion or does the outside world need something special?
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

09 Feb 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Feb 2018
I am just curious, is this just audio<->CV conversion or does the outside world need something special?
It's just plain audio-CV-audio conversion. CV-I uses some downsampling trickery since the rate is reduced to 1/64 of the samplerate. CV-O holds the latest CV value for 64 samples at a time.

Jagwah

09 Feb 2018

Looks great will try it out in a few days!!!

dioxide

09 Feb 2018

Fantastic product! Although I probably don't have a use for this at the moment...

I'm surprised it has taken this long for someone to make a RE like this. Maybe it was something Propellerhead should have done? Anyway I'm happy to see anything that extends the modular aspect of Reason.

rcbuse
RE Developer

09 Feb 2018

Niiiiice!

Harmen

09 Feb 2018

This is a opportunity to love.
The sheer amount of savings this will make, in money and elsewhere.
If you use Eurorack, or Reaktor or Softube. Any other standalone Synth will do equally.

Although saving for a Motu interface would be clever, i guess.
UA Apollo works also.

Goodday !

buddard
RE Developer

14 Feb 2018

We've written a tutorial that goes through how to use Soundflower (on Mac) to send CV signals between Reason and VCV Rack using CV-I/O.

There are several alternatives to Soundflower for Windows, and they probably follow the same basic principles as described in the tutorial.

Faastwalker

14 Feb 2018

Excellent. This makes me want an Expert Sleepers ES-8 even more :-/ + more modular gear :-)

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2018

What is Silent Way Voice Controller instead????

Edit, i found it
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ontroller/

buddard
RE Developer

11 Apr 2018

Re8et wrote:
11 Apr 2018
What is Silent Way Voice Controller instead????
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ontroller/

The voice controller converts MIDI or "Reason CV" to two audio channels, one for gate and other for "standard pitch CV". It has a calibration audio input so it can listen to your oscillator and adjust the CV conversion so that the pitch tracks correctly.

So personally, I use the voice controller to send pitch CV to my analog gear, and CV-I/O for everything else. :-)

• Information