Selig Audio 5 Year Anniversary Sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2018

Selig Audio News

5 Year Anniversary Sale

To celebrate five years as Selig Audio, Selig Leveler, DeEsser, and Gain are all 50% off for the entire month of February!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... g-leveler/
Leveler Front Panel.png
Leveler Front Panel.png (140.82 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... g-deesser/
DeEsser Front Panel.png
DeEsser Front Panel.png (82.59 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... elig-gain/
Frong Panel_Selig Gain.png
Frong Panel_Selig Gain.png (82.71 KiB) Viewed 7646 times

And yea, we’re also introducing Selig ColoringEQ, a Musical Saturating Equalizer for Reason.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... oloringeq/
ColoringEQ_Front_1x.png
ColoringEQ_Front_1x.png (105.36 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
http://www.seligaudio.com/products/seli ... ng-eq.html
http://www.seligaudio.com/images/pdf/Se ... 20v1.0.pdf
Selig Audio, LLC

amcjen

05 Feb 2018

Time to get caught up on my Selig gear it seems!

EdGrip

05 Feb 2018

Anyone without Gain, just get it. It's a Swiss army knife with hidden CV powers.

Loque

05 Feb 2018

Gratulation! And keep up the good products and support! Hope for more...
Reason12, Win10

Gorgon

05 Feb 2018

".... and owners of 2 or more Selig audio products get a 30% discount on ColoringEQ!"

Ah well
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2018

Gorgon wrote:
05 Feb 2018
".... and owners of 2 or more Selig audio products get a 30% discount on ColoringEQ!"

Ah well
I know, wish there was a way to allow this in the store, along with a way to do a "complete my bundle" thingy. :(
Selig Audio, LLC

FLVZ

05 Feb 2018

If you're a mixing engineer and you don't have leveler I could not recommend it more. If you're not a mixing engineer its an absolute must have!

eusti

05 Feb 2018

Congratulations! Have all three "older" devices already and am happy with them. This one might take a bit for me to get as it's a fair bit above my impulse buy limit... And I'm not making much music these days... Definitely looks worth it though!

D.

Loque

06 Feb 2018

Reason12, Win10

Noplan
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2018

Unsadfasdfbenannt.png
Unsadfasdfbenannt.png (130.01 KiB) Viewed 5088 times

antic604

06 Feb 2018

Ok, I've read the Leveller's description several times, but still don't understand what it does exactly? Am I correct that it is like a compressor / expander, but will work on a range, instead of above / below certain threshold?

selig
RE Developer

06 Feb 2018

It’s 50% off too! ;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

06 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:Ok, I've read the Leveller's description several times, but still don't understand what it does exactly? Am I correct that it is like a compressor / expander, but will work on a range, instead of above / below certain threshold?
Leveler is an upwards compressor, as opposed to a downwards (the far more common type).

So it can still reduce dynamic range as any compressor can, but it does so from the bottom up rather than the top down. But it also restricts the range of audio that is “lifted”, so that you don’t ALSO “lift” the background noise like you do with almost every other compressor out there.
:)

Selig Audio, LLC

adfielding

06 Feb 2018

I bloody love De-Esser, Leveller and Gain. I have a soft spot for devices that do one thing particularly well, and these three devices excel at that. Well worth a look!

miscend

06 Feb 2018

What are good uses for Selig Gain?

adfielding

06 Feb 2018

miscend wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Personally, I use it for fades and automation - one thing that irks me about the SSL mixer is that you can’t automate dB values, which Gain lets you do easily. Try automating the SSL mixer to cut 6dB at a certain point in the track. It’s unnecessarily awkward.

I also don’t like automating the mixer directly because it makes mix tweaks tricky after the fact - yes, you can now use buses but it’s a habit I’ve carried over from older versions.

The fades sound great as well. I can’t explain why, but I like ‘em.

amcjen

06 Feb 2018

miscend wrote:What are good uses for Selig Gain?
Lately I’ve been experimenting a lot with using external gear (mic pres, compressors, etc) as Reason channel inserts. Think External MIDI device, but External Hardware Insert.

Latency considerations notwithstanding, it’s freaking amazing. I use a Selig Gain coming off the “send” of the insert of a Reason channel—the output of that Gain goes to the physical hardware interface to the actual unit. Then I use another Selig Gain with the signal coming back from the hardware interface, and then attached back into the “return” of the insert of that Reason channel.

This lets me control how much signal I send to the hardware device (usu. with the “send” Gain in VCA mode) and then I can measure the gain coming back into Reason from the hardware device using the “return” Gain. When necessary, I can trim that return gain before continuing on into the Reason signal chain.

In other words, it’s indispensable for gain monitoring and adjusting. Priceless.

(On mobile at the moment but can post a screenshot or quick demo video if it’s unclear.)

EdGrip

06 Feb 2018

Gain lets you see dB values and changes instantly anywhere in the signal chain you like.
It lets you make volume adjustments, or automate them.
You can do various pan-related things that you can't do with the SSL.
You can use it to turn a linear CV change into a logarithmic one.
You can use it to instantly collapse any stereo signal to mono with its "mono" button.

And that's just the ones I can remember! The manual is really good. It's the best $9 you'll spend on a boring device. (And Selig, you can quote me on that on the product page.)

antic604

07 Feb 2018

selig wrote:
06 Feb 2018
antic604 wrote:Ok, I've read the Leveller's description several times, but still don't understand what it does exactly? Am I correct that it is like a compressor / expander, but will work on a range, instead of above / below certain threshold?
Leveler is an upwards compressor, as opposed to a downwards (the far more common type).

So it can still reduce dynamic range as any compressor can, but it does so from the bottom up rather than the top down. But it also restricts the range of audio that is “lifted”, so that you don’t ALSO “lift” the background noise like you do with almost every other compressor out there.
:)
I'm taking that as a 'yes', then :D

I had this problem with Bitwig's Dynamics device that can also do upwards compression, but in the process is bringing up all the hiss & noise. Your explanation seems to hint that this was overcame in your plugin that "restricts the range of audio that is “lifted”, so that you don’t ALSO “lift” the background noise". Awesome! The -50% off is hugely tempting, just too bad there's no VST version because - at least right now - Reason is not my primary DAW, so I don't have much use for REs outside of it :(

wishMachine

07 Feb 2018

miscend wrote:
06 Feb 2018
My main uses are to keep levels in check. One thing I like to do with specific sounds is run them parallel through an extremely aggressive compressor, then join the signal and run that through a maximiser. I'll drive this to clipping point, but the volume output is unmanageable. This is where Selig Gain comes in extremely handy as I don't like to touch the SSL volume lines unless I absolutely have to. I try and keep everything in check before it hits the SSL.
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

selig
RE Developer

07 Feb 2018

EdGrip wrote:Gain lets you see dB values and changes instantly anywhere in the signal chain you like.
It lets you make volume adjustments, or automate them.
You can do various pan-related things that you can't do with the SSL.
You can use it to turn a linear CV change into a logarithmic one.
You can use it to instantly collapse any stereo signal to mono with its "mono" button.

And that's just the ones I can remember! The manual is really good. It's the best $9 you'll spend on a boring device. (And Selig, you can quote me on that on the product page.)
Ha, great quote!

You can also use Selig Gain as a CV “depth” control so you dont’ have to use the tiny CV depth knobs on the back (which are not automatable either).
It’s a handy polarity reversal tool.
You can link multiple Selig Gains together to create VCA groups in Reason.
You can do SSL “Auto Fade” outs/ins on your mix, or on your CV if you prefer!
You can use Selig Gain as a CV source, or as a way to convert automation into CV.

…and that’s just the ones “I” can remember! ;)

Selig Audio, LLC

raveled
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2018

Congratulations!

I agree with everyone else - Selig products are all quite fantastic.

GRB

30 Jan 2019

Should I wait for a 6 Year Anniversary Sale in a couple of days? :)
Can you make a bundle with Leveler, Gain and DeEsser? :)

Trialing now and they are great! (Shhh I'll buy them anyway)
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

motuscott

30 Jan 2019

Dang, I should have waited a few years. Then I could've saved myself a couple of bucks.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2019

motuscott wrote:
30 Jan 2019
Dang, I should have waited a few years. Then I could've saved myself a couple of bucks.
I hear you. Curve (as we called it back in the olden days :) ) was the first vocal “effect” I ever loved.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information