Parafilter III Sequencer RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Yonatan

Post 27 Jul 2019

Parafilter is definately on my list. Looks compelling. And the way developers communicate with users in here is just so good!
ReasonTalk is such a good place for Reason lovers.
Reason for all Seasons

dusan.cani

Post 27 Jul 2019

mcatalao wrote:
26 Jul 2019
dusan.cani wrote:
23 Jul 2019
This thing sounds very good. High quality filter algorithms and very good sounding drive + noise control.

But I am missing some very important parameters for this device:

- Mute + Solo buttons for each filter channel
- Master output level
Do you have Selig Gain? I use it at the end of almost every signal chain.
Yes I know that I can use some leveling device at the end of the chain. But the master output directly on the device you are working on is always more comfortable.

mcatalao

Post 28 Jul 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
27 Jul 2019
mcatalao wrote:
26 Jul 2019

Do you have Selig Gain? I use it at the end of almost every signal chain.
Yes I know that I can use some leveling device at the end of the chain. But the master output directly on the device you are working on is always more comfortable.
Yeah but you also have per filter level, so you can get it fast to 0 and make fast mutes, and you can control the level at the device anyway... Right? Or am i missing something else?

dusan.cani

Post 29 Jul 2019

mcatalao wrote:
28 Jul 2019
dusan.cani wrote:
27 Jul 2019

Yeah but you also have per filter level, so you can get it fast to 0 and make fast mutes, and you can control the level at the device anyway... Right? Or am i missing something else?
I often use 2 or 3 channels to blend the filters together and in that case I want to preserve the mix output of each channel. With mute/solo I would be able to quickly trigger the particular filter. Also If have 2 or 3 filters mix and I want to change overall output the master output knob is essential since you would not change each channel level and take care to preserve the volume ratios.

For example, take look at the Mutagen distortion device. It is also multichannel/multiband device and it has mute & solo controls + global output for easy editing.

Anyway, Parafilter III sounds incredible fat to me, it is the most huge and characterful filter sound in the Reason rack I have heard. And that "noise" control, ahhh.... :D

BHK INSTRUMENTS

Post 08 Aug 2019

Hi Dusan,

thanks for the feedback, I have created a combinator set up to have these possibilities with help of a combinator. The channel mute function is handled by a second parafilter unit, and the micro level is used for the master level (below audio spider unit).

Channel mutes are assigned to the combinator buttons, and master level to the first Rotary.

Download. https://www.sendspace.com/file/644xyj

And channel mutes and a master level are on the update list. :)

• Information