AIRE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
esselfortium

01 Feb 2018

Are there any audio demos, or at least a list of what's included? I checked the website and the manual pdf, but couldn't find any specifics about what these libraries contain.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

tiker01

01 Feb 2018

Kenni wrote:
01 Feb 2018
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
01 Feb 2018
This thread has been hijacked by vst fans.... That is why this place is gone so down hill.
I don't think it's about VST fans. Sure, some people will swear to RE's only, some will swear to VST's only, but in the end it's about choosing the right tool for the job. Some RE's will cater your needs better than VST's and visa versa.

Our Facebook post about these upcoming instruments shows that people are interested so no need to worry.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

tc13

01 Feb 2018

I don't mind VSTs, but they have their own forum, and in this thread I want to read about AIRE....

Psuper

01 Feb 2018

I don't see any hijacking, just normal discussions the way threads tend to go.

The op changed his initial post. His initial post introduced his instruments but there was no information what so ever on what kind of RE he was making (no product page, etc just the graphic). So naturally people asked and chatted as people do. FWIW I'm interested even though I avoid samples. Heck last "strings" I used for backing was Edirol HQ Orchestral, just loved those strings for some reason.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

WongoTheSane

03 Feb 2018

I've made a video with both Aire Strings and Aire Woodwinds:

The first part is Strings instruments, second part is Woodwinds ones, and in the third I orchestrate a 4 part harmony with both devices. Hope it'll shed some light on those devices!

Adabler
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
03 Feb 2018
Hope it'll shed some light on those devices!
Thank you! I am pretty sure I'll end up buying these. My only worry is that they'll have a huge impact on my storage capabilities.
:reason: 12, Win10

WongoTheSane

04 Feb 2018

Adabler wrote:
04 Feb 2018
WongoTheSane wrote:
03 Feb 2018
Thank you! I am pretty sure I'll end up buying these. My only worry is that they'll have a huge impact on my storage capabilities.
Strings is 4.5 GB and Woodwinds is a little under 2.5 GB, if that helps!

Psuper

04 Feb 2018

Not my cup of tea, but others as I said might be all in.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

kitekrazy

04 Feb 2018

Unless there is a way not on my end without a big work around I wouldn't touch an RE that would add that many GBs to my C drive. I'll stick with my NNXT instruments.

kitekrazy

04 Feb 2018

Adabler wrote:
04 Feb 2018
WongoTheSane wrote:
03 Feb 2018
The reason why I don't buy sample based REs. Reason is still in the dark ages with space management.

WongoTheSane

04 Feb 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Adabler wrote:
04 Feb 2018

The reason why I don't buy sample based REs. Reason is still in the dark ages with space management.
Mmmhh... The full version of EastWest Symphony Orchestra is 194 GB, Miroslav Philarmonik is 58 GB, Vienna Strings is 468 GB, Vienna Winds clocks in at 325 GB, NI Komplete is 336 GB, so I'm not sure it's a Reason problem... Not trying to convince you, mind you, if you're short on space you'd clearly better stay away from those, but anything with lots of high quality samples will take up lots of space, whether it's in Reason or anywhere else.

Oquasec

04 Feb 2018

if using those you should really just use a dedicated 1-2tb harddrive only for music.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Adabler
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Strings is 4.5 GB and Woodwinds is a little under 2.5 GB, if that helps!
That is no too bad. But as suggested, I should probably buy a new hard drive for my ever growing Reason folder at some point.

kitekrazy

04 Feb 2018

Oquasec wrote:
04 Feb 2018
if using those you should really just use a dedicated 1-2tb harddrive only for music.
Those who don't use Reason actually do. They don't have them on their OS drive. Sonar, S1, Live, do not take up OS space as you can put their content on other drives.

kitekrazy

04 Feb 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
04 Feb 2018
kitekrazy wrote:
04 Feb 2018

Mmmhh... The full version of EastWest Symphony Orchestra is 194 GB, Miroslav Philarmonik is 58 GB, Vienna Strings is 468 GB, Vienna Winds clocks in at 325 GB, NI Komplete is 336 GB, so I'm not sure it's a Reason problem... Not trying to convince you, mind you, if you're short on space you'd clearly better stay away from those, but anything with lots of high quality samples will take up lots of space, whether it's in Reason or anywhere else.
People who use those have then on dedicated drives or even slave machines. Do you think they put them on their OS drive? I have most of those libraries spread on 3 drives. Your point made no sense. Yes it's Reason's problem. Live Suite is over 60gb. Live's library is on a separate drive. Samplitude's Suite, Independence library 70gb, on a separate drive, do you see where I am going with this?

The biggest drive space offender is W10. After every major update the older files will stay on your system for a limited period of time. That can be 20gb there. You could prematurely delete them and hope everything is stable.

Adabler
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Yes it's Reason's problem.
At least there seems to be a 3rd party solution to this problem, so moving all REs to a another drive is possible.

WongoTheSane

04 Feb 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
04 Feb 2018
WongoTheSane wrote:
04 Feb 2018

People who use those have then on dedicated drives or even slave machines. Do you think they put them on their OS drive? I have most of those libraries spread on 3 drives. Your point made no sense. Yes it's Reason's problem. Live Suite is over 60gb. Live's library is on a separate drive. Samplitude's Suite, Independence library 70gb, on a separate drive, do you see where I am going with this?

The biggest drive space offender is W10. After every major update the older files will stay on your system for a limited period of time. That can be 20gb there. You could prematurely delete them and hope everything is stable.
Oh, so you didn't mean that the size was the problem, but that the fact they're installed on the startup disk is? I completely misunderstood you point. I don't have that problem as I have a 1TB SSD as startup and still have plenty of space on it (all my other libs are, like you, on separate drives), but there's always the solution often posted by EnochLight to use symlinks to move the RE folder anywhere else, so while we're waiting for PH to add that to Reason (which, if the new Content Manager is any indication, is on their to-do list), there's still a workaround.

Edit: and by pure chance, that solution has just been reposted by Carly in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7505427

(It's for Windows, I'm pretty sure it's possible on Mac too)

miscend

04 Feb 2018

Where did you record the strings and how many players did you use?

Deep Schulzz

07 Feb 2018

These two devices are really delivering a great value considering the packages under the hood:)

ltbrunt00

07 Feb 2018

I have the Softphonic string refills which serves their purpose. No need to get the their string RE.

I will say the Softphonic brass refill is quite nice. I use their Brass refill often, have brought many of the Spitfire Audio orchestra, Albion, solo instrument and Eastwest Brass VST instruments and routinely reach for the Softphonics Brass refill. Usually a combination of all these instruments.

I will definitely be buying the Softphonics brass refill. I thought the Brass RE would have been released with the other products today.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

jayhosking

07 Feb 2018

It's a good time to be a Reason RE user! Looking forward to trying these both out, especially the woodwinds. And I can't wait for the brass!

PurpleMonkeyDishes

09 Feb 2018

Courtesy of TheSoundTestRoom

Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Shokstar

13 Feb 2018

I Don´t like IDT´s!! A NX-XT with a new GUI!

fieldframe
RE Developer

13 Feb 2018

The UI looks like it has a big focus on onboard effects, and not much focus on articulations. Anyone who's tried these want to weigh in on playability?

• Information