Luna Dual Performance Synth by PinkNoise Studio in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
riemac

28 Jan 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2018
Italophile wrote:
28 Jan 2018

That's because it isn't. Analogue Monsters doesn't include Voyager and their website doesn't list a Voyager refill.
Interesting. I wonder what tobypearce is referring to?

@tobypearce?
Last week there was still a Voyager refill, they must have pulled it from the shop when luna was introduced.

EnochLight

28 Jan 2018

riemac wrote:
28 Jan 2018
EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2018

Interesting. I wonder what tobypearce is referring to?

@tobypearce?
Last week there was still a Voyager refill, they must have pulled it from the shop when luna was introduced.
Found some old details:

Voyager refill features
  • 1.78 GB multi-samples (over 2400 wav files) in 24 bit wav format.
  • All samples are perfectly looped and contain the unity note info for quick and proper automapping.
  • 124 REX loops: melodic bass, arp & noise sequences for KLP (keyboard loop player).
  • 339 NN-19 patches, 412 NN-XT patches, 128 Combinator presets.
  • Refill size: 1.22 GB (24 bit).
https://rekkerd.org/the-sounds-of-the-m ... s-voyager/

So if Luna doesn't come with hundreds of presets (or any Combi), then it looks like Pink Noise might have dropped the ball on content. Maybe an update will add some presets, though...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

SunSetCity

28 Jan 2018

VOYAGER refill has been discontinued.

http://www.reasonbanks.com/refill_Voyager.html

tumar

29 Jan 2018

Technical question: is it possible to recreate such rompler using Reason modular architecture: NNXT, filters, Reason effects et cetera?

tobypearce

29 Jan 2018

Yes, you can generally diy in Reason, but bear in mind:
*The GUI will be different, of course. In this case the GUI is excellent, but yes you can create a similar type of set up via refill.
*The FX won't be the same, although you'll still have all the same kinds of FX available such as delay, reverb etc. Indeed: you'll be able to use any plugin or RE you like.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

paulred67

29 Jan 2018

I've found a possible bug in mono mode. I tried to play Keith Emerson's synth solo in Lucky Man. There's a short passage, where two notes D one octave apart alternate with a little bit of slide. That is, while holding down the lower D, then repeatedly playing and releasing the upper D, the sound should slide between them up and down. But it doesn't happen. When I release the upper D, the sound simply stops. It shouldn't work like this. However, I love Luna, just like all Pink Noise refills. Kudos to Andras. :)
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

30 Jan 2018

paulred67 wrote:
29 Jan 2018
I've found a possible bug in mono mode. I tried to play Keith Emerson's synth solo in Lucky Man. There's a short passage, where two notes D one octave apart alternate with a little bit of slide. That is, while holding down the lower D, then repeatedly playing and releasing the upper D, the sound should slide between them up and down. But it doesn't happen. When I release the upper D, the sound simply stops. It shouldn't work like this. However, I love Luna, just like all Pink Noise refills. Kudos to Andras. :)
Hi Boys,

This is my first message, I'm new here! :)

That mono bug is already fixed, will be included in the next update - I plan to release it next week.
It will be a major update with some improvements, bigger patchbank, more convolutions, rewritten envelopes, etc.

If you have any Luna related question, from now on I'm here to answer ;-)

Andras
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

EnochLight

30 Jan 2018

AndrasHaasz wrote:
30 Jan 2018
paulred67 wrote:
29 Jan 2018
Hi Boys,

This is my first message, I'm new here! :)

That mono bug is already fixed, will be included in the next update - I plan to release it next week.
It will be a major update with some improvements, bigger patchbank, more convolutions, rewritten envelopes, etc.

If you have any Luna related question, from now on I'm here to answer ;-)

Andras
Welcome Andras! Your GUI/UX is seriously top notch for your first RE - well done! Looking forward to more Pink Noise RE’s!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

paulred67

30 Jan 2018

Great job! Quick response. :thumbs_up:
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

Robert

30 Jan 2018

Hi Andras,

I really like Luna, good job! I have a question, a suggestion and a request.

In the presets "5. Arp and Rhythmic" all the Sequencer Patches behave as I would expect, playing repeating patterns, when holding down some keys. All the Arp Patches don't, just playing a note(s) and then stopping, even though the keys are still held down. Is that the way it is supposed to happen or am I missing something?

The position ticks on the silver knobs are really hard to see on my 32" monitor, making it hard to determine their settings. Could you make the position mark a little thicker with a more contrasting color (red)?

It would be really cool to have a Trigger Sequencer (like your other product "Layers"). Looks like it would fit nicely in the INS FX section.

Thanks, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the update.

Bes
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2018

surprised to not see a manual either in the shop page or the pink noise website. i do enjoy reading the manuals
- Certified Reason expert

EnochLight

31 Jan 2018

Robert wrote:
30 Jan 2018
Hi Andras,

I really like Luna, good job! I have a question, a suggestion and a request.

In the presets "5. Arp and Rhythmic" all the Sequencer Patches behave as I would expect, playing repeating patterns, when holding down some keys. All the Arp Patches don't, just playing a note(s) and then stopping, even though the keys are still held down. Is that the way it is supposed to happen or am I missing something?

The position ticks on the silver knobs are really hard to see on my 32" monitor, making it hard to determine their settings. Could you make the position mark a little thicker with a more contrasting color (red)?

It would be really cool to have a Trigger Sequencer (like your other product "Layers"). Looks like it would fit nicely in the INS FX section.

Thanks, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the update.
You're new to the forum; welcome! FYI: if you don't quote the person you're responding to, they'll never get an email notification alerting them to thread activity (hence, Andras may never see your post unless he comes back and reads the thread).

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

31 Jan 2018

Robert wrote:
30 Jan 2018

Patches are named as "Arp" are for arpeggiator, you can use a player device or RPG-8 for them to create arpeggios. The "Seq" patches are tempo synced sequences (mostly modulated by LFOs), they sound rhythmically without an arpeggiator. So, it's intentional.

You didn't see the previous knobs! I had a long fight with the GUI designers, that's already the improved knob :-/

I don't plan to add a trigger sequencer or any new feature in the near future. I now focus on the Factory bank, I'd like to create many new sounds, and enjoy the work with my creature! ;-)

Andras
Andras
----------------

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

31 Jan 2018

Bes wrote:
30 Jan 2018
surprised to not see a manual either in the shop page or the pink noise website. i do enjoy reading the manuals
I am working on it. It will be available soon, probably next week.

Andras
Andras
----------------

Robert

31 Jan 2018

AndrasHaasz wrote:
31 Jan 2018

Patches are named as "Arp" are for arpeggiator, you can use a player device or RPG-8 for them to create arpeggios. The "Seq" patches are tempo synced sequences (mostly modulated by LFOs), they sound rhythmically without an arpeggiator. So, it's intentional.

You didn't see the previous knobs! I had a long fight with the GUI designers, that's already the improved knob :-/

I don't plan to add a trigger sequencer or any new feature in the near future. I now focus on the Factory bank, I'd like to create many new sounds, and enjoy the work with my creature! ;-)

Andras
Thanks for your response Andras!

Ok, I now get the ARP preset naming convention. Thanks...

The silver knob position indicator is more notable when pointed down since it's white against dark grey. But when pointed up it's white against light grey, and can only be seen when zoomed in, on higher resolution monitors. It's also too thin and competes against the reflections on the knob. Not the end of the world but it seems more like camouflage than an indicator (style over substance). Other than these knobs the rest of the UI looks good!

The trigger sequencer was just a suggestion for future development. It works really well in Layers, and quickly adds interest to your sounds.

Good Luck, looking forward to what you come up with!

Thanks for the welcome and suggestion EnochLight!

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

02 Feb 2018

The new update will be available on Monday.

Fixes:
- mono mode will work properly
- graphical offset bug in Filter enable switch

Improvements:
- new envelope response curve (higher resolution at the starting range to create more “punchy” sounds)
- 15 new convolution reverb types
- new patches for the Factory bank
- easier to read the grey moog style knob's values

That's all :)

Andras
Andras
----------------

jayhosking

02 Feb 2018

Wow. I can't wait to try this out.

Robert

02 Feb 2018

Thanks Andras! Looking forward to this...

paulred67

03 Feb 2018

Thanks András!

EpiGenetik

04 Feb 2018

AndrasHaasz wrote:
02 Feb 2018
The new update will be available on Monday.

Fixes:
- mono mode will work properly
- graphical offset bug in Filter enable switch

Improvements:
- new envelope response curve (higher resolution at the starting range to create more “punchy” sounds)
- 15 new convolution reverb types
- new patches for the Factory bank
- easier to read the grey moog style knob's values

That's all :)

Andras
Hi Andras,

congratulations on the “debut” RE, and a warm welcome back to Pinknoise in general 😊

My request is simple... do a competition! Give me a good reason to waste some time demoing this thing extensively 😊

Just my 2 cents 😎

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

06 Feb 2018

paulred67 wrote:
03 Feb 2018
Thanks András!
It's been released, 1.0.2 is available now.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nce-synth/
Andras
----------------

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

13 Feb 2018

Bes wrote:
30 Jan 2018
The Luna user manual is available now on the product page.
24 pages of pure excitement, don't miss it! :)

Better late than never...

Andras
Andras
----------------

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2018

whoa nice a lot of the device is intuitive but its good to read a manual to find the boundaries of a device :)
- Certified Reason expert

artotaku

14 Feb 2018

So, thanks to the manual, we now know that the lovely UI is made by vogerdesign which also did Propellerhead Klang, Humana and Pangea :-)

https://vogerdesign.com/

EnochLight

14 Feb 2018

artotaku wrote:
14 Feb 2018
So, thanks to the manual, we now know that the lovely UI is made by vogerdesign which also did Propellerhead Klang, Humana and Pangea :-)

https://vogerdesign.com/
Well, Luna certainly looks like one of the best GUI's to come out for an RE in a very long time, so I'm not surprised. Voger Design is top notch and money well spent, IMHO.

• Information