New RE suggestion; WebRadio input device.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Harmen

20 Jan 2018

Would it not be nice to have something like this.
A device wich gives different WebRadio channels through in Reason. That you can then schredd to pieces, with everything that comes with that.
I find it a interesting thing to have as an never ending sound source.

just a thought.

SoulState

20 Jan 2018

I saw something like that (VST) at the Plugin Boutique recently. Seemed interesting...

Aha. Here it is https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 3941-Radio
:reason:

Harmen

20 Jan 2018

Yes, I see.
Gotta try this one out if it works in the rack.

Also Spotify/Youtube would work with a loopback from soundflower or so,....
through some filter/gate pitch shifting delay and other stuff you're not allowed to talk about, reading the fine print on the end of the page.

World of sound,

Ostermilk

20 Jan 2018

Harmen wrote:
20 Jan 2018
Yes, I see.
Gotta try this one out if it works in the rack.

Also Spotify/Youtube would work with a loopback from soundflower or so,....
through some filter/gate pitch shifting delay and other stuff you're not allowed to talk about, reading the fine print on the end of the page.

World of sound,
I can't see any purpose in having such an application run as a plugin. There are plenty of media recorders out there that will produce ouput from pretty much any source, and provided you set it up right, even while your favourite DAW is running.

e.g

https://audials.com/en/audials/windows_ ... tware.html

I don't know what you mean by stuff you're not allowed to talk about, as most people are aware of the illegality of infringing artist rights, but all the pitch shifting delay and other stuff of which you speak is the reason you'd want to be using ii in a DAW, no?

IOW you can do it already with a myriad of mature and full-featured apps readily available that can locate and record media. No need to wait for a RE or limit yourself to a curated plug-in.

Harmen

22 Jan 2018

how would you know i limit myself.
Of course there are alway work arounds.

just a thought,.

theshoemaker

22 Jan 2018

I use soundflower for things like this on MacOS Sierra. Works with everything. Or you can also use AudioHijack
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

cheokeh3

24 Jan 2018

Plug in boutique's "radio" works a treat inside Reason. It comes with pre programmed weird and wonderful radio stations and sampling and dropping audio files into your tracks is a breeze......always an inspiration to use with some of the weirder channels tuned into...highly recommended......if not into sampling great to play in background while noodling about elsewhere

• Information