Using the AMMO 100 in a modular system

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

16 Jan 2018

Hey everyone! Just a quick query about this one; why does the AMMO 100 only respond to pitch CV when it receives a gate also? I feel like the expected behaviour would be that the oscillator just runs...and accepts any incoming CV from its seq sections. Seems kinda weird how it'd need a gate signal. Any ideas, especially JP himself if he's about! :)

Jagwah

16 Jan 2018

Away from Reason ATM but try out Ochen K's A Series oscillator, the way it runs has always had a very modular feel to me, especially when experimenting with CV connections. Everything else would need a gate to be triggered to make some noise as far as I know.

Loque

17 Jan 2018

You can use the frequency rate to change its frequency. Most synths need hatte and not cv, i also wish one of it could be enough.
Reason12, Win10

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Jan 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
16 Jan 2018
Hey everyone! Just a quick query about this one; why does the AMMO 100 only respond to pitch CV when it receives a gate also? I feel like the expected behaviour would be that the oscillator just runs...and accepts any incoming CV from its seq sections. Seems kinda weird how it'd need a gate signal. Any ideas, especially JP himself if he's about! :)
This was an error. It did work that way originally, but a bug fix later borked this and we didn't realise. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now but it's still in the backlog.

chimp_spanner

17 Jan 2018

JiggeryPokery wrote:
17 Jan 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
16 Jan 2018
This was an error. It did work that way originally, but a bug fix later borked this and we didn't realise. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now but it's still in the backlog.
Ah okay! Thanks for confirming :) Thought I was just doing something wrong. I mean it is possible to get around it with an extra connection or two but hopefully this'll get an update one day! In the meantime is there a way to send a full range of notes to the range input? Cos that'd work as well!

• Information