Deal of the week: Synapse Collection

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

15 Jan 2018

https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/s ... ollection/

Yay or nay? Just yesterday I was almost ready to pull the trigger on The Legend alone (partially due to RE/VST cross-sale) and while this at EUR199 should be a no brainer, I'm somehow hesitating. I mean Antidote looks like it's very straightforward (and basic?) subtractive synth, the effects (filter, reverb, chorus, etc.) are nice but in the end I tend to not use such things a lot, GQ-7 would be interesting if I didn't have several VST equalisers already.

So, yay or nay?

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2018

Nay for me :)

DR-1 and GQ-7 are the two best RE from Synapse IMO and I already got those in the Mix and Mastering bundle. Also already have VK-2 and Expanse so The Legend wouldn't add anything to my arsenal.

If you don't have any Synapse RE already. I'd say go for it. Especially if you were about to buy The Legend yesterday anyway!

moneykube

15 Jan 2018

if I did not have antidote I would have considered this... great deal
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Voyager

15 Jan 2018

aeox wrote:
15 Jan 2018

Nay for me :)

DR-1 and GQ-7 are the two best RE from Synapse IMO and I already got those in the Mix and Mastering bundle. Also already have VK-2 and Expanse so The Legend wouldn't add anything to my arsenal.

If you don't have any Synapse RE already. I'd say go for it. Especially if you were about to buy The Legend yesterday anyway!

+1 for DR-1, it has impressed me a lot..

dvdrtldg

15 Jan 2018

I love the Synapse REs - AF4 is an excellent filter, DR1 is my first choice for lush heavy reverbs (and Fat Space is great for weird room sounds), VE3 is a surprisingly useful EQ, subtle but great for low & mid bumping, phaser & chorus are really nice, RM1 with sidechain is cool and of course the synths are top notch. Quality gear all the way

Loque

15 Jan 2018

Antidote is great, the filter and its overdrive is very nice, The Legend is excellent, GQ-7 is my goto EQ, the EQ is nice to bass. It's the chorus included, because it is also great. I would buy it if I didn't already own all the stuff.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

16 Jan 2018

Thanks guys! I d/l the demos of the synths and while I knew The Legend would sound great, I was really surprised by versality and sound of the Antidote as well.

antic604

16 Jan 2018

Anyone know if the cross-sell offer for The Legend (buy RE, get VST free) is valid for this bundle? I'm trying to contact Synapse but no reply so far.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2018

It's a great bundle. If you haven't got most of it already it's an awesome deal.
I'd say Legend, GQ-7 and Deep Reverb alone are worth that price.

wishMachine

17 Jan 2018

I'm toying with this one myself. If I didn't already have Antidote and various other parts of this collection I'd be all over it. There's still a massive saving on RE's I don't own that almost made it an insta-buy.
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

antic604

17 Jan 2018

wishMachine wrote:
17 Jan 2018
I'm toying with this one myself. If I didn't already have Antidote and various other parts of this collection I'd be all over it. There's still a massive saving on RE's I don't own that almost made it an insta-buy.
Well, if Reason was my primary DAW it would be a no-brainer to get it, but since it's not I need to be sure that I can get The Legend VST if I buy this... Sadly, Synapse doesn't answer either here nor on Facebook :(

antic604

19 Jan 2018

If anyone's interested, I got it confirmed by Synapse that buying this RE collection makes one eligible for The Legend VST :)

antic604

23 Jan 2018

So, I actually went through with the purchase, mainly for The Legend and Antidote.

But I'm really surprised by the quality of the rest of the stuff: GQ-7 is a fantastic EQ and Fat Space Reverb just sounds crazy! Can't wait to try the rest of them.

Really happy with that purchase!

FLVZ

23 Jan 2018

antic604 wrote:
23 Jan 2018
So, I actually went through with the purchase, mainly for The Legend and Antidote.

But I'm really surprised by the quality of the rest of the stuff: GQ-7 is a fantastic EQ and Fat Space Reverb just sounds crazy! Can't wait to try the rest of them.

Really happy with that purchase!
Don't be surprised mate, literally not encountered anyone with a bad thing to say about Synapse gear, everyone loves the DR1, I personally am a big fan of the AF4 as well. Legend is the best in its class (across REs & VST emulations of Moog synth), and Antidote seems to be a staple across different Reason communities.

antic604

23 Jan 2018

Flavolous wrote:
23 Jan 2018
Don't be surprised mate, literally not encountered anyone with a bad thing to say about Synapse gear, everyone loves the DR1, I personally am a big fan of the AF4 as well. Legend is the best in its class (across REs & VST emulations of Moog synth), and Antidote seems to be a staple across different Reason communities.
Well, I'm only surprised because those are the 1st devices from Synapse I ever owned and used. Won't make that mistake again :) :D

• Information