Favorite RE synth in 2018 - POLL

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Favorite RE synth 2018 - POLL

Expanse
17%
Respire
9%
JPS Harmonic Synthesizer
3%
Nostromo
10%
Viking 2
10%
Antidote
9%
Legend
11%
Oberon
2%
Zero
3%
FM4
3%
Parsec
9%
Proton
1%
Predator
3%
ABL3
1%
RYM2612
2%
Vibro
No votes
Chip64
No votes
Ivoks
1%
Korg Monopoly or Polysix
3%
PX7
4%

Total votes: 217
wishMachine

18 Jan 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
17 Jan 2018

Just out of interest, what does Polysix deliver that isn't covered by MonoPoly?
As raymondh said they have their own distinct sounds. Personally I find the Poly6 is better at filling out the lower end where the MonoPoly deals with leads very well. They both cross over and can perform well in all areas, but I feel that each synth handles certain frequency placements better than the other. I also bought these puppies pretty much at release so I've had some considerable time playing with them :D
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

ltbrunt00

18 Jan 2018

The legend is a legend.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

MannequinRaces

20 Jan 2018

We're only three weeks into 2018 so seems silly to be doing a favorite in 2018 poll. My favorite RE synth of 2017 was Legend! ;)

DoctoralHermit

21 Jan 2018

My fav synth right now is definitely Arkana!

groggy1

21 Jan 2018

I'm not surprised that Expanse is at the top. It's one of those synths that absolutely just blew me away - just like Antidote did when it first came out

I have to say, one thing that surprises me is that ReSpire is up towards the top of the voting. When I read people's comments here at Reasontalk on it, it seems like people are super-pissed at the bugs that existing when it originally shipped (I haven't seen any threads saying things are all great now, so I figured it was still a bit broken). But anyway, I guess people are digging it now...

WongoTheSane

21 Jan 2018

groggy1 wrote:
21 Jan 2018
I'm not surprised that Expanse is at the top. It's one of those synths that absolutely just blew me away - just like Antidote did when it first came out

I have to say, one thing that surprises me is that ReSpire is up towards the top of the voting. When I read people's comments here at Reasontalk on it, it seems like people are super-pissed at the bugs that existing when it originally shipped (I haven't seen any threads saying things are all great now, so I figured it was still a bit broken). But anyway, I guess people are digging it now...
All is mostly fixed. I haven't encountered a bug in a long time. All that remains are small annoyances due to the fact that it's been developed for the previous SDK version (without pop-up menus), which makes for an awkward UI sometimes (there is an updated version planned, although there's no ETA - I'm not counting on it any time soon), but other than than, it's a great sounding synth with great sounding patches that fully deserves this ranking. IMHO.

• Information