Reverb RE's on sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

21 Dec 2017

I notice Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb is currently on sale along with a bunch of other reverb RE's. I hit TRY on DR-1 & was very impressed with it's smooth sound & long reverb capability. Might have to buy this at $25. The Synpase Fat Space is also on sale for $39 (usually $69). Any thoughts on this? Apart from the Synapse Reverb RE's the kHs Reverb is on sale for just $9 (down from $39). Rob Papen's RPVerb is also on sale for $49 (down from $65) and the Softube reverb RE's also - TRSAR-1 is half price at $99 with TSAR-1R on sale at $39 (down from $79). So lots of bargains to be had. So far the only one I've tried is the Synapse DR-1 & I really like it. Just wondering if any others are worth picking up on sale.

EdGrip

21 Dec 2017

I have DR-1, though VintageVerb has replaced it for most purposes. Both are Lexicon-inspired devices, and I love that sound. For other reverb types (room, convolution) I'm still using RV7000.
Nobody seems to have a bad word to say about TSAR.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2017

DR-1 for lush reverb. TSAR for "realistic" and RV7000 for convolution if needed. :)

Voyager

21 Dec 2017

Why don't you like using RV7000 ?

Faastwalker

21 Dec 2017

Voyager wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Why don't you like using RV7000 ?
I love the RV7000. It's my got to reverb, especially since the update with the convolution stuff. I only have a few other reverb RE's currently, hence my interest in DR-1 or other reverb RE's to add to my arsenal. I have the UH-E Reverb device, which sounds great but has some issues. Also have the Unfiltered Audio Renoun, which is a bit out of the ordinary but pretty cool. Feel like I need to add to this all important effect category. Especially for the kind of music I'm into making i.e. ambient, soundscape, electronica. The DR-1 seems to fit the bill nicely for this.

Voyager

21 Dec 2017

I mean in your opinion what the DR-1 or any other reverb device can do and the RV7000 doesn't or does but not so well ?

Bumbum

21 Dec 2017

I once bought this https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... 80-reverb/ and i like the number of parameters that you can adjust

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2017

My two favorites are TSAR-1 and Antidotes reverb (which is I guess is the same as Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb).
Sometimes Uhbik A works great too.
Just bought Renoun for 9 bucks. Pretty cool for weirder reverbs.

Not really a big fan of RV7000, it's alright and gets the job done, but I always thought it sounded pretty washy in a bad way.

scratchnsnifff

21 Dec 2017

I got the fat space for 9 dollars last Black Friday. I love both synapse reverbs. Simple and powerful! But other than that I use the rv7000 and maybe sometimes the ad480. The ad480 can be a pain because of how many parameters but sometimes that’s useful. Same story with rob papens reverb. Sounds great but you can get lost programming. I use the RPverb and ad480 mainly to scroll through their presets
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Faastwalker

21 Dec 2017

Voyager wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I mean in your opinion what the DR-1 or any other reverb device can do and the RV7000 doesn't or does but not so well ?
The RV7000 is a very comprehensive reverb I'd say. It's a bit of a Swiss army knife reverb. Especially since the introduction of the convolution stuff, which is very cool to play around with. DR-1 seems to be extremely good at lush, long (very long), smooth & sweet sounding reverb. It's not a realistic reverb but it's not trying to be. It sounds really nice for pads & generally making stuff sound big, warm and .......... spacious I guess! But not in a more traditional room reverb kind of way. It's bigger than that. Like a reverb for an infinite space ....... which doesn't make a lot of sense at all! As I said, it's not realistic. It's just BIG!! I'm loving it.

Faastwalker

21 Dec 2017

.............. saying that. The reverb in Antidote does appear to be the same as the DR-1. So if you already have Antidote then it's a bit of a luxury but nice to have as a separate unit (as opposed to firing up the rather large Antidote just to use one of it's onboard effects).

tobypearce

25 Dec 2017

Tsar is a pig for cpu. I do use it, and it sounds great, but mainly for bouncing offline. For example, creating a reverb tail on a vocal snippet, then reversing it for an effect.
Since I deploy this technique quite a bit, the reverb does get quite a bit of use.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

strangers
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2017

RV7000 is my go to 9 out of 10 times. The built in EQ & gate are very convenient to tailor any sound being fed into it. I use TSAR on occasion as an insert to add a little cohesive depth to various instruments.

sdst
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2017

I tried all and I find the Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb is the best

I use the one in Antidote, I literally use Antidote as a Reverb more than
synth

one day I will buy the Reverb Re

RandyEspoda

25 Dec 2017

DR1, Little Plate and RV7000

It's my Holy Trinity :puf_bigsmile:

mbfrancis

26 Dec 2017

The Dr-1 and the Tsar are both exceptional, and do things the RV cannot. However, at this point, I would 1000% recommend at $150 (sale) the Mix/Mastering rig is an amazing value and gives you both plus RPverb plus other high value REs like the Synapes EQ, FET compressor, Ozone, and all three Selig REs. It is a stupid good deal.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Aerond

27 Dec 2017

DR1, Little Plate, RV7000 and TSAR-1R; don't need any more reverbs; really.

Sometimes I even use RV-1, for bread and butter reverb.

Bumbum

29 Dec 2017

hydline did some reverb tests,
WARNING ! background music might cause cancer...

• Information