How About A Making Refill Standalone Extractor?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Surfeast

14 Dec 2017

Don't know if it exists but would love to be able to extract sounds ,loops etc outside of Reason , I like using Ice'd Audio in OS X to catalog and preview things would be nice to have Refills be accessed in same fashion. I say it's worth 29-49 bucks? Thanks
Inspired by hearing Kraftwerk in 1976

normen

14 Dec 2017

I think the whole point about ReFills is that you can only use them with Reason. As there is no cracked Reason versions its a reasonable copy protection.

Surfeast

14 Dec 2017

Not wanting to crack but would be nice not to have to open Reason to preview loops etc and send them elsewhere. For example Loopmasters sells grouped loops by Application each a different price . Would be nice to just be the refill version and then Maybe move what I want to Logic Pro etc
Inspired by hearing Kraftwerk in 1976

normen

14 Dec 2017

Surfeast wrote:
14 Dec 2017
Not wanting to crack but would be nice not to have to open Reason to preview loops etc and send them elsewhere. For example Loopmasters sells grouped loops by Application each a different price . Would be nice to just be the refill version and then Maybe move what I want to Logic Pro etc
Some sample vendors allow you to buy a sample set and then download all other versions (pure WAV, EXS, Kontakt, whatnot) as well. Some sell ReFills cheaper than pure WAV versions, some let you pay every step of the way.

My suggestion is not caring about that too much until you need it. Sure it's not too convenient to fire up Reason to browse a few samples but what do you do then? You browse for a while anyway, the relative time for firing up Reason becomes negligible. This isn't only true for Reason, it's true for everything. Don't waste too much time to create a workflow for something where not much work flows :)

sdst
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2017

the Refill are obsolete and dead with the annoying restrictions

sometimes you just need One sample from a big refill and you can't extract it

better to use only wav

househoppin09

14 Dec 2017

normen wrote:
14 Dec 2017
This isn't only true for Reason, it's true for everything. Don't waste too much time to create a workflow for something where not much work flows :)
Trivial as it may seem, this is truly sage advice. Listen up, people! :thumbs_up:

Oquasec

14 Dec 2017

I think Reason needs to have password protected zips.
I like somethings about refills but damn they should atleast have an option to password it before you can do that.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

selig
RE Developer

14 Dec 2017

sdst wrote:the Refill are obsolete and dead with the annoying restrictions

sometimes you just need One sample from a big refill and you can't extract it

better to use only wav
Getting one sample is pretty easy, takes only a little work to re-sample it.

My bigger issue with ReFiils in Reason is getting them all integrated into the search system. There is no way to search across all ReFills, to merge all ReFills or to otherwise have Reason see your entire library as one searchable database.

This is only a partial fix, since searching a ReFill only works if you know the name of the patch. Would be great to at least search ALL “Bass” folders in all ReFIlls.

Beyond all of this, Reason sorely needs a tag based search, something I’ve been pushing for since we expanded the patch library back in Reason 6. The more “content” they add, the worse it gets IMO.

I mention this hear because I am hopeful that opening up the ReFill format to some degree may allow all of these things to happen.
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

sdst
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2017

selig wrote:
14 Dec 2017
Getting one sample is pretty easy, takes only a little work to re-sample it.
I know, but at least we agree that the Refill need an update. :)

anyway I'm fine using Wav

Oquasec

14 Dec 2017

Yep. I think it stops being reliable after 5 tho.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

kitekrazy

14 Dec 2017

Refills were also designed to conserve disk space. I only buy refills for use in the NNXT. For loops I never buy refills. I'll buy the multi format and turn the wavs and Rex into refills. I never thought it was annoying.

dana

15 Dec 2017

You can embed all the samples from a refill into a song file, so you don't need to have the original refill to open the song.

But yeah.. Having a better browser that takes into account refills with a fast search would be great.

• Information