Robotic Bean Step Note Recorder Bug?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mataya

12 Dec 2017

Hi,

I wonder if this is a bug? It sure bugs me.

So here is the situation. You create a combinator and put a thor and step recorder. Then you create another thor and take lfo2 cv out and go into step recorder's cv in trough external signal processor and out via tuned out into combinator main cv in.
Then you take a gate from the external signal processor out and put it into combinators main gate in ...and then it breaks. I get an instant error message and step note needs to be closed.

Why is that? I'm pretty sure you can't burn something with wrong cabling in reason. Or can you?

I see developers here being active. Maybe they catch this one.

tx
Mataya

Catblack

12 Dec 2017

mataya wrote:
12 Dec 2017
Hi,

So here is the situation. You create a combinator and put a thor and step recorder. Then you create another thor and take lfo2 cv out and go into step recorder's cv in trough external signal processor and out via tuned out into combinator main cv in.
Then you take a gate from the external signal processor out and put it into combinators main gate in ...and then it breaks. I get an instant error message and step note needs to be closed.

Why is that? I'm pretty sure you can't burn something with wrong cabling in reason. Or can you?

tx
Mataya
Can you share the combinator?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

kungubu

12 Dec 2017

mataya wrote:
12 Dec 2017
Hi,

tx
Mataya
Get the same error every time I try a sloped wave. It works with a square or a s&h. And it works if you connect the gate to thor instead of the combinator. Seems like the combinator don't like the gate info from Step when the gate source is sloped.

buddard
RE Developer

12 Dec 2017

mataya wrote:
12 Dec 2017
Hi,

tx
Mataya
Yes, this is most definitely a bug in Step. It should of course never crash under any circumstances. :oops:

I have located the fault and will release an update as quickly as possible. It might take a couple days since it has to go through approval testing at Propellerhead.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

mataya

12 Dec 2017

buddard wrote:
12 Dec 2017
mataya wrote:
12 Dec 2017
Hi,

tx
Mataya
Yes, this is most definitely a bug in Step. It should of course never crash under any circumstances. :oops:

I have located the fault and will release an update as quickly as possible. It might take a couple days since it has to go through approval testing at Propellerhead.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Great to hear it will be solved. Very quick if I'm being asked.
Glad to be a part of getting things fixed.

Thanks
Mataya

Catblack

12 Dec 2017

I think I saw the update less than 3 hours after the posting this morning. Amazing!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

buddard
RE Developer

13 Dec 2017

Catblack wrote:
12 Dec 2017
I think I saw the update less than 3 hours after the posting this morning. Amazing!
Actually I happened to release another update yesterday with new combinators. :)

But I submitted the fix to Propellerhead last night, so hopefully I can get it out within the next couple of days. I will notify you when it is released!

buddard
RE Developer

19 Dec 2017

Step 1.2.7 update has been released, hopefully it should resolve the issue you found!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -recorder/

mataya

19 Dec 2017

Works great! :) Thanks.

Enjoying your other devices. Bought trigger and slider last month. Collecting money for Resonans. Eyeing logic.

Keep up.

AttenuationHz

19 Dec 2017

buddard wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Step 1.2.7 update has been released, hopefully it should resolve the issue you found!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... -recorder/
Have been meaning to submit a suggestion. Or maybe Step can already do it. I'd love For it to be able to detect stops and pauses. I'm not the best with a keyboard but I can play what is in my head then play it at a slower rate either half the tempo/quarter. Step records what notes I'm playing but not the stops or pauses I have to program them in. By which time what I'm hearing takes over what I want it to be which is a little frustrating. If it was possible to detect and record exactly what it played at the slower tempo and speed it up that would be amazing.

Also wish that gate and note would autoroute.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information