MODULAR SHARE patches and ideas

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2017

I :idea: felt there's need of modular sharing thread. Sharing ideas and builds.
One big reason there are very few multi-RE combinators patches is exactly because most people
use what they has and regards freedom of composing over simplifying things....

So I have not included all the RE necessary for this modular patch in the comb title but , just a commentary to explain couple
of buttons functions.

I present you Klangverklingen.
You will need DEG-2, POSEIDON 2.0, AMMO100, AS-1/2, PRIMAL FILTERS. Plus other free cv stuff.
DEG2 and POSEIDON could be interchanged with couple of Thors. DEG/2 with an audio to cv converter and
Poseidon with a thor receiver/retrigger for env/gate/cv passing through adsr chain.

For the lucky one that has got everything in place, here's entry no. 1
A-19 KLANGVERKLINGEN V2.zip
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

moalla

03 Dec 2017

BEST IDEA, SINCE BEGINNIG OF THIS NEW FORUM
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

but how .... owns Poseidon 2, where can we get it
:lol:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2017

moalla wrote:
03 Dec 2017
BEST IDEA, SINCE BEGINNIG OF THIS NEW FORUM
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

but how .... owns Poseidon 2, where can we get it
:lol:
ask Mark! :)

starship
RE Developer

03 Dec 2017

Heyo, Mark here. If you own the PSDN, I can put you on the beta for version 2. It'll hit the shop eventually... :) It's close but there's a lot to do still...

Faastwalker

05 Dec 2017

I should dig out & upload some of these;

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... aastwalker

dvdrtldg

06 Dec 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
05 Dec 2017

I love these vids. Any more on the horizon?

Faastwalker

06 Dec 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
06 Dec 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
05 Dec 2017

I love these vids. Any more on the horizon?
I decided a long time ago to stop at 10 & start doing videos that focus more on individual CVdevices ......... no quite gotten around to it yet! :|

Oquasec

06 Dec 2017

Most of the time I just Read the manual and experiment.
Will def be getting Reason 11+ if those come out.

But, that's because I decided since Reason 5 & 8 to stick with props. This little CV focused ecosystem they have going on is something I don't see much of, compared to the others whose main focus shift on everything else but.

Sorta like how those Reaktor guys either choose to stick to reaktor 5 or upgrade to reaktor 6+ with the blocks.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Faastwalker

07 Dec 2017

Oquasec wrote:
06 Dec 2017
Most of the time I just Read the manual and experiment.
That's my approach also ......... apart from the bit about reading the manual!

Oquasec

08 Dec 2017

Developed a habit of that some years back and feel like it's the best way to do stuff.
Even think it's enjoyable to read a lot buuuut that's just me I prefer that way the most. :cool: :post:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2017

just to to revive this thread, how does a community based refill project sounds to you guys? We could try to share a minimum of 5 patches in a shared dropbox folder, have a deathline for late winter, or spring solstice, and then create a community based refill with the content for all to get. Any ideas on how to set the rules? Someone with more experience than me also (in evaluating) could do this without mine interference, to the end, I never have done this before... :puf_smile:
Oquasec wrote:
06 Dec 2017

Sorta like how those Reaktor guys either choose to stick to reaktor 5 or upgrade to reaktor 6+ with the blocks.
You get nodes in reaktor 5 as well, even blocks have nodes editor, without which, you are pretty limited in modular structuring. The way I see blocks interconnecting with reason is well above this thread purpose, but definitely it ought more insight in integrating its design within Reason own VST holder.

AttenuationHz

20 Dec 2017

Re8et wrote:
20 Dec 2017
just to to revive this thread, how does a community based refill project sounds to you guys? We could try to share a minimum of 5 patches in a shared dropbox folder, have a deathline for late winter, or spring solstice, and then create a community based refill with the content for all to get. Any ideas on how to set the rules? Someone with more experience than me also (in evaluating) could do this without mine interference, to the end, I never have done this before... :puf_smile:
Oquasec wrote:
06 Dec 2017

You get nodes in reaktor 5 as well, even blocks have nodes editor, without which, you are pretty limited in modular structuring. The way I see blocks interconnecting with reason is well above this thread purpose, but definitely it ought more insight in integrating its design within Reason own VST holder.

I'd be up for that. How would it be structured though. I'd say the best bet would be to have the patches be songs or at least loops that way you're trying to get the best sound from each patch and everything will Gel together and won't be just random sounds. A - Works on kick B works on hat C works on Clap etc.

Another thing is RE, not everyone will have the same RE so its a compatibility thing best to have basic patches be the ones where everyone involved is working off then listing what devices each have and seeing if two or more have the same devices. Easy solution to group those folders with a patch for the the devices used that way the first combi patch would be the one with all the devices used in that folder if you get any placeholders in the combi you instantly know if you have not got the RE, Obviously if they are free this would not be a big issue to download if you want to.

Everything I use is mostly free or native in Reason 10 (some were free at one point). Do you make it strict at first and only use free and native to get the basics done. It would be easier to have those basics if you where to work on individual sounds for each patch.

Anyone involved could do a patch of RE they own any one person without those RE just deletes them and re-uploads for the compatibility check with each other.

How different would/should each patch be though? Small changes to each one in the same folder the likes of kicks and stuff can be a bit saturating and mundane. A collection of different kicks would constitute as good content though. Everyone would try the the best from each patch and settle on what would be in the kicks folder. How many different sounds would make for good content? 24, 32, Less/more?

Thread there a while ago in general: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7504478
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Catblack

20 Dec 2017

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2017

Woah, those are pretty dazzling threads! new combi here.

I use Poseidon quite a lot, and Kron makes my head round in circles, again this uses psdn vers 2.0
its a derived viking 1 poly patch from an Alien Seed patch made of subtractors.

The idea to have a thread more specific is good.
PSDN POLY VK1 [PSDN].zip
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
20 Dec 2017

I'd be up for that. How would it be structured though. I'd say the best bet would be to have the patches be songs or at least loops that way you're trying to get the best sound from each patch and everything will Gel together and won't be just random sounds. A - Works on kick B works on hat C works on Clap etc.
How many different sounds would make for good content? 24, 32, Less/more?
I see your POV, I just use a VST to check the notation is not off scale sometime, for poly Synths.
If you consider drum rythmic modular patches they should be naked from samples other than reason library.
Using Thor step sequencer could be one thing. It's native and it would not need working on a song or with midi.
And it's modular. As is any other sequencer in Reason.
I'd say do your best with what you got, leave fx out for good, because those are a bunch of RE, but do not limit
your creativity is an essential point in the making.
Of course we could do it all with Thor, mael and Subs, plus Europa and Grain, NN19, NNXT, Kong and Redrum.
Infact yours is a very good idea. I will post an exemple from this soon.

Find a good modular base to work on and make 24 variation of it with your sounds it's a bright idea.

Have TM-1, Kron, PSDN, Charlotte, Movement,AS-1-2, PSQ, Distributor in the making scale creativity up.
Should we focus on Europa and Grain?

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2017

Only basic devices, Reason 10.
Want to contribute?? Let's work on a basic tune like this or propose one, but stay in combinator, I'd say, otherwise it would not be modular exactly... :P
MOZART WAS HERE.zip
(10.34 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
MOZART WAS HERE V3 [Distributor].zip
(16.29 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
attach some modular instr. to the distributor, foe eg the poseidon vikings.
It would be cool to work in the bass department or more drum parts.
To be entirely modular one would need some sort of base osc going and from there wrap around
but stuff like Ammo for eg are more suited for beginning such things, So yeah, it would be definitively cool
to work on a basic tune, so I dropped mine, but welcome to suggest different ones.
Dubbing Weissnacht!

Catblack

28 Dec 2017

Here is a generator combi I made last year. Just drop an instrument into it to hear it.

It uses Charlotte, Scope, CV Tuner, Euclid, Shape, Volt Sh-1, Janitor and BZR-1 to start it all off. The main lesson of it is that Shape can be tweaked in very Aphex Twin sort of ways, and that CV Tuner can handle things very fast.
Attachments
Gen 001.zip
(4.53 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Damn.

AttenuationHz

29 Dec 2017

Catblack wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Here is a generator combi I made last year. Just drop an instrument into it to hear it.

It uses Charlotte, Scope, CV Tuner, Euclid, Shape, Volt Sh-1, Janitor and BZR-1 to start it all off. The main lesson of it is that Shape can be tweaked in very Aphex Twin sort of ways, and that CV Tuner can handle things very fast.
Can it be done with native/free devices?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Catblack

29 Dec 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Dec 2017
Catblack wrote:
28 Dec 2017

Can it be done with native/free devices?
I'm afraid not. I just wanted to share because I threw it into a combi. I plan on making a series of these generator combis so I can do more random-esque musical experiments. Here's what this one does (though I think I was recording audio and tweaking a few controls, it's been a year.)

The main effect is caused by hooking up the start and end positions on the Shape, which is one of the most useful cv routings for weird effects.
gen001.PNG
gen001.PNG (789.11 KiB) Viewed 3671 times

Damn.

AttenuationHz

29 Dec 2017

Pity, sounds really cool!

Here's a kick/Sub kick using Klang.
808 Kalick #5m.zip
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Dec 2017
Pity, sounds really cool!

Here's a kick/Sub kick using Klang.
808 Kalick #5m.zip
This Wuz Klangz! It sound awsome!! I've already saved ten rythmn variations of it!!
808 Kalick #10m.zip
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

chimp_spanner

14 Jan 2018

Propellerhead branded Eurorack style modules. One function per module. If I say it enough times, the Reason Gods will hear me and answer my prayers. :D

AttenuationHz

15 Jan 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Jan 2018
Propellerhead branded Eurorack style modules. One function per module. If I say it enough times, the Reason Gods will hear me and answer my prayers. :D
Say it 3 times in the mirror in the dark in your bathroom. :D :thumbs_up:

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 May 2018

Keeping the mind flowing
I wanted to make a sort of vecto emulation Synth, the vector pattern thing
So I got a vectorizer to move the mixer levels of four europa.
But it's just partially doing what I wanted, I wanted to record the movement on the pad xy and the use the buffered xy a the pattern generator....

so for the moment this is a free RE modular patch, the midi buffer/record part I was thinking about converting cv to audio, use buffer, and then reconvert the signal... :?: :?: :?: :?:

anyway here's the patch, you should have tap player, drum player, a&b switch, cv-a, cv-suite, selector, etc, all free RE.
VECTORIZER THOR 04.zip
(15.03 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

28 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Jan 2018
The Iteras!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information