cakewalk RE2A Leveling Amplifier discontinued?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sdst
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2017

this reminds me a lot of good old movies, some masterpieces
rotting in baul because of copyright shit

If you are going to leave something, leave it for free

aallvor

01 Dec 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
30 Nov 2017
Just reading this thread is making me want to take it out & play with it
Ahem, easy there :shock:

Social Exodus

01 Dec 2017

I too am lucky I jumped on the free offer when I did, and it loads just fine in Reason in spite of it's lack of availability in the shop.

I have used both SONAR and Reason for the last 4-5 years, starting with Reason 6.5 and SONAR X2 Studio. All that time, I had a hard time trying to decide which environment would be my "main DAW" because both have their strong points. But I have to say that the more I know about and use VSTs, and now that SONAR may just evaporate (I honestly didn't see that coming) making many of the VSTs I have through them useless -- the more I truly appreciate the Rack Extension approach. That and the fact I can undo whatever I've done with them whereas I can't tell you how many times I've tried to undo in SONAR only to have the plug-in disappear, rather than roll back changes lol. At this point, the only VST I am using in Reason is my POD Farm Platinum plug in -- everything else I use is a rack extension.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

ejanuska

01 Dec 2017

I love that thing. Use it on everything.
If I bought a new computer, then authorized and and installed my copy of Reason there would the RE2A get downloaded and installed?

joeyluck

01 Dec 2017

ejanuska wrote:
01 Dec 2017
I love that thing. Use it on everything.
If I bought a new computer, then authorized and and installed my copy of Reason there would the RE2A get downloaded and installed?
If you sync your REs on any computer, it will be there. If you delete it and sync on your current computer it will be there.

REs do not have to be in the shop to be in your account, where it will remain. You can't delete REs from your account.

ejanuska

01 Dec 2017

joeyluck wrote:
01 Dec 2017

If you sync your REs on any computer, it will be there. If you delete it and sync on your current computer it will be there.

REs do not have to be in the shop to be in your account, where it will remain. You can't delete REs from your account.
Thanks,
Thought I was going to have to keep my computer forever.
I seriously love that RE.

dvdrtldg

02 Dec 2017

aallvor wrote:
01 Dec 2017
dvdrtldg wrote:
30 Nov 2017
Just reading this thread is making me want to take it out & play with it
Ahem, easy there :shock:
Slow release, ooh yeah baby

Troublemecca

18 Oct 2018

So... I keep seeing this compressor come up... As being in the mix/mastering bundle which I had purchased, too late apparently. Blues.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Lyricalvolt

21 Oct 2018

Bandlab owns Cakewalk Sonar now. Check and see.
However, IMHO I get better results with Blackrooster VLA-2A than the Cakewalk Compressor.

two shoes

26 Oct 2018

I've sent a request to Bandlab, who bought all of Cakewalk's IP from Gibson, to reach out to Propellerhead about offering the RE2A for sale in the Propshop once again. If you would also like the opportunity to purchase this rack extension you can contact Bandlab here:

https://help.bandlab.com/hc/en-us?retur ... 2Frequests

esselfortium

26 Oct 2018

two shoes wrote:
26 Oct 2018
I've sent a request to Bandlab, who bought all of Cakewalk's IP from Gibson, to reach out to Propellerhead about offering the RE2A for sale in the Propshop once again. If you would also like the opportunity to purchase this rack extension you can contact Bandlab here:

https://help.bandlab.com/hc/en-us?retur ... 2Frequests
Good idea! I've sent in a request too. I already own the RE-2A, but want other people to be able to buy it again.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Troublemecca

26 Oct 2018

I was annoyed when I purchased the rig and it was not included... It's even in the video tutorials props gives with the purchase

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

two shoes

26 Oct 2018

esselfortium wrote:
26 Oct 2018
Good idea! I've sent in a request too. I already own the RE-2A, but want other people to be able to buy it again.
Thanks!

motuscott

26 Oct 2018

Great compressor.
The RE format wins (if you never stop using Reason).
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2018

two shoes wrote:
26 Oct 2018
esselfortium wrote:
26 Oct 2018
Thanks!
I was actually hoping it would remain exclusive :) Joking of course.

joeyluck

26 Oct 2018

aeox wrote:
26 Oct 2018
two shoes wrote:
26 Oct 2018

Thanks!
I was actually hoping it would remain exclusive :) Joking of course.
Haha it's one of my favorite compressors and glad I have it.

I think I mentioned this in this thread, but in next month's CM magazine, IK Multimedia's White 2A will be free. I've never used it, and some may still prefer the Cakelwalk version, but worth a look.

Creativemind

26 Oct 2018

esselfortium wrote:
30 Nov 2017
That really sucks. Fortunately I own it already, but it's a fantastic compressor that more people should get to have. There was a promo where it was free for a while at one point a couple years back, it would be great if it could just become free permanently but I guess Gibson just wants to wash their hands of it completely, which is pretty crappy.
Yeah I got it then, I got the VST and tried to get the Re to no avail. I even messaged them and don't remember why but still couldn't get it. Sucked at the time but now we have VST I should look where the hell I've put that VST lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

NekujaK

26 Oct 2018

For anyone wanting the benefits of this great compressor, but missed out on the RE version, there are quite a few VST emulations out there, as well as lots of opinions about which is best. One that consistently gets high praise is the VLA-2A from Black Rooster. Definitely worth checking out. It's a little pricey, but they run sales throughout the year.

https://blackroosteraudio.com/pluginsto ... la-2a.html

Black Rooster VLA-2A.jpg
Black Rooster VLA-2A.jpg (79.85 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Ixus

27 Oct 2018

Love the RE, use it in almost every project!

esselfortium

27 Oct 2018

I got a response back!
That is a really nice compressor! We're looking to bring back some old Cakewalk favorites, so hopefully RE-2A will be one of those that we can reintegrate!

If you need anything from us, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Fingers crossed for something to happen!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

adfielding

27 Oct 2018

esselfortium wrote:
27 Oct 2018
I got a response back!
That is a really nice compressor! We're looking to bring back some old Cakewalk favorites, so hopefully RE-2A will be one of those that we can reintegrate!

If you need anything from us, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Fingers crossed for something to happen!
That's awesome news - I bought the RE-2A way back when, and I'm so glad I did. I use it all over the place, and I keep forgetting that it's no longer available. Bringing it back would be great.

HeavyViper

28 Oct 2018

Promising! It seems like Bandlab are being really proactive with the Cakewalk stuff, so here's hoping they can follow through with it.
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

Catblack

28 Oct 2018

I wrote them too on Friday and they say they are going to discuss bringing back RE-2A. We'll just have to see!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

danc

29 Oct 2018

FREE with latest edition of Computer Music magazine.... IK White 2A.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trwhite2a/

I have Cakewalk LA2A... And use a lot. However... I am also using the FREE White 2A as it has a different sound (personal opinion is that it's more punchy).

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Check my Soundcloud:

• Information