A List Pop Chords or A List Power Chords

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Trefor

22 Nov 2017

Currently trying out A List Electric Guitarist Pop Chords, A List Electric Guitarist Power Chords and A List Acoustic Guitarist. If I can only get one, which is likely to be the most useful? I have a $30 Props voucher burning a hole in my pocket and want to make it count. I know it depends upon the type of sound that I want to get, but I have experimented with all three and can dirty up the sound of both Pop Chords and Acoustic using Scream, Pulveriser and the Softube amp. It's more about the variety of strum patterns and flexibility of use. Any thoughts welcome.

ravisoni

22 Nov 2017

It depends on the type of music you produce, but as a backing rhythm, the pop guitar does have more flexibility in my opinion (and you can almost get any of those pop guitar patterns to sound like the power-chords RE with some creative midi and distortion work). I have all three, and the acoustic is my least favorite one (the "raw" sounds there aren't as clean as I'd like them, and the strum patterns are extremely basic).
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Trefor

22 Nov 2017

Thank you, that's really useful information. I have been leaning toward the Pop Chords RE. I've got until Friday to keep trying them out before they go back to full price. I'll post up which one I end up going for.

JNeffLind

23 Nov 2017

I personally have gotten a lot of good use out of A-List Acoustic but it took a while to work through all the presets. I do think pop chords sounds better, but it includes fewer voicings than Acoustic which I thought was weird.

Trefor

23 Nov 2017

Thanks JNeff

Trefor

23 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
23 Nov 2017
I am a fan and user of Pop Chords. Don't forget to use the Matrix to create your own rhythms.
Thanks Joey. It's looking more like Pop Chords for me. I still have a few hours of experimentation yet and will try it out with Matrix.

• Information