Best black friday 2017 deals?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RPSupport

23 Nov 2017

Just a heads up, we @Rob Papen will be having a 20% discount across our RE line as of tomorrow the 24th until Monday. ;)

starship
RE Developer

23 Nov 2017

Bumbum wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Also kron is on sale https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-extension/kron/ :}}
:) I hope nobody gets mad that it's slightly cheaper... I saw one return. :) I probably would have intro'd at that price if it hadn't been for an incident in the states shortly before... *sigh* that made me not want to associate with that number...

btw, if I wasn't broke, I'd probably buy everything listed so far. :)

littlejam

23 Nov 2017

hola,

i picked up
phonetic
futzbox
compare

i'm happy and broke as well

have a superduper holiday

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Loque

24 Nov 2017

Kilohearts Bundle is going down to 99€! Only a few days left:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/k ... s-toolbox/

Maybe worth to mention, that you can still crossgrade a few hours:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/vst/multipass/
Last edited by Loque on 24 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

AttenuationHz

24 Nov 2017

D16 Group 40% off everything: BLACK 2017

Waves free VU meter https://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday-2017/free-plugin
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

24 Nov 2017

Wondering if this is worth or if it can be done.

If you were to buy ozone 8 elements for $29. Then upgrade to advanced from that it will cost $328. Otherwise atm it is $399 for advanced on iZotope site. Props offering is $399 for advanced with the discount currently. I am thinking/hoping Advanced will be reduced on iZotopes site on Monday. If the price hike from Props is anything to go by then it might be $36 cheaper again so on iZotope could be looking at $363 for advanced and the upgrade from elements $292.

Is there a time limit on upgrading from purchase if I was to by elements at $29 do ya's know/reckon? Ozone elements is pretty limited in terms of features how it is priced at $129 pre sale has 0 value.

Anyone know when elements sale ends. Hopefully Monday!
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 24 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

24 Nov 2017

Loque wrote:
24 Nov 2017

The crossgrade offer is actually a bit of a mistake and shouldn't have been there. But what the heck, our mistake, go for it. :)

Loque

24 Nov 2017

Anders_kiloHearts wrote:
24 Nov 2017
Loque wrote:
24 Nov 2017

The crossgrade offer is actually a bit of a mistake and shouldn't have been there. But what the heck, our mistake, go for it. :)
Oh.... :o :shock:
Well, thanks than :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
KILO<3s
tumblr_mkyzswn11d1qg6rkio1_500.gif
tumblr_mkyzswn11d1qg6rkio1_500.gif (23.78 KiB) Viewed 3071 times
Reason12, Win10

AttenuationHz

24 Nov 2017

Just realised this thread is in RE my bad...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2017

There's a lot of good stuff on sale.

Synapse stuff. The Synapse Collection for 199 is insane.
Softube TSAR-1 Reverb.
I like the McDSP Compressors, especially the FRG-4RE.
Blamsoft synths.
Disperser - A one trick pony, but what a trick. Couldn't live without it. Best impulse buy I ever made.
Snakebite - A quirky fun synth. Love these smaller specialized synths.

jayhosking

24 Nov 2017

Holy hell that's a good price for the Kilohearts Bundle. Anybody want to comment on it as a whole package? I've had mixed results with the free offerings from the bundle (well, just the Stereo RE), but this sort of simple, straightforward, and modular design is what I like.

Tritone, since I think your music is bananas-good, would you mind commenting on why Disperser was such a good buy? I'm just not sure of its applicability (or whether it's one of those things you sort of smear over many things).

Loque

24 Nov 2017

jayhosking wrote:
24 Nov 2017
Holy hell that's a good price for the Kilohearts Bundle. Anybody want to comment on it as a whole package? I've had mixed results with the free offerings from the bundle (well, just the Stereo RE), but this sort of simple, straightforward, and modular design is what I like.

Tritone, since I think your music is bananas-good, would you mind commenting on why Disperser was such a good buy? I'm just not sure of its applicability (or whether it's one of those things you sort of smear over many things).
I just bought the bundle and cannot say much about it now, but i like those small and handy devices. Gain and Stereo are my gotos. Not sure what your problem is with stereo, but its just a mid /side mixer, not a stereo enhancer.
Reason12, Win10

jayhosking

24 Nov 2017

Yeah, I get that. It's been a while since I used it, but (if I remember correctly) I found it coloured the sound in an unpleasant way. I can't say more without going back and playing with it, mainly that I tried it on a few instrument chains and ended up swapping it out for some haas delay and/or the MClass.

kitekrazy

25 Nov 2017

Loque wrote:
24 Nov 2017
jayhosking wrote:
24 Nov 2017

I just bought the bundle and cannot say much about it now, but i like those small and handy devices. Gain and Stereo are my gotos. Not sure what your problem is with stereo, but its just a mid /side mixer, not a stereo enhancer.
I thought about this one but with VST support I've got a lot that would suffice.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2017

jayhosking wrote:
24 Nov 2017
Thanks. Disperser works best on transient heavy material imo. I mostly use it on drums (kicks and snares). But I use it on basses and pluck leads as well. There's no other effect that I know of that can replace what Disperser does.
It brings some sort of snappiness to the sound, almost like a zappy laser sound, makes the sound pop out. But too much of it or on the wrong material it just smears everything out. I think the key is to use it subtle enough so that people don't think about it when they hear it in a track, but remove it and it makes a big difference.
I used it quite a bit in my recent "Snakebite" track. Kick and snare falls apart and sounds flat and dull without it. It's also used on the thick bass starting at 0:42, but there it's less obvious. Also used on the chippy pluck lead at 1:22.

Try it out for yourself and see what you think.

O1B

25 Nov 2017

Props doesn't make it easy to go through the SHOP.

Products.... Plugins and Sounds... then JUST.... Rack Extensions....

the particular 'orders' (Developer, Newest, etc ) is useless on Sale Days.
We need ... SALES.. and/or PRICE order.

I gotta scroll for days to find Ochen K.
If I DO pick Ochen K, I get more REs from other DEVs than OK. I just wanted 4MER.

Frustrating to purchase REs nowadays.

joeyluck

25 Nov 2017

O1B wrote:
25 Nov 2017
Props doesn't make it easy to go through the SHOP.

Products.... Plugins and Sounds... then JUST.... Rack Extensions....

the particular 'orders' (Developer, Newest, etc ) is useless on Sale Days.
We need ... SALES.. and/or PRICE order.

I gotta scroll for days to find Ochen K.
If I DO pick Ochen K, I get more REs from other DEVs than OK. I just wanted 4MER.

Frustrating to purchase REs nowadays.
You can browse 'Hot Deals' and then filter results for the deals. Or if you know you want Ochen K., then you just search for Ochen K...

O1B

25 Nov 2017

Fill the cart up... can't find the thing that started the purchase... give up - or, just lose interest.

Hot Deals... Ill try that. Thanks, JL.
joeyluck wrote:
25 Nov 2017

You can browse 'Hot Deals' and then filter results for the deals. Or if you know you want Ochen K., then you just search for Ochen K...

jayhosking

25 Nov 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Nov 2017
Thanks. Disperser works best on transient heavy material imo. I mostly use it on drums (kicks and snares). But I use it on basses and pluck leads as well. There's no other effect that I know of that can replace what Disperser does.
It brings some sort of snappiness to the sound, almost like a zappy laser sound, makes the sound pop out. But too much of it or on the wrong material it just smears everything out. I think the key is to use it subtle enough so that people don't think about it when they hear it in a track, but remove it and it makes a big difference.
I used it quite a bit in my recent "Snakebite" track. Kick and snare falls apart and sounds flat and dull without it. It's also used on the thick bass starting at 0:42, but there it's less obvious. Also used on the chippy pluck lead at 1:22.

Thanks kindly for the information! Normally I just trial all this stuff when curious but I've been relatively strapped for music-making time this week (bad timing).

teddymcw

26 Nov 2017

Looperator from Sugar Bytes, works great with Reason, lovin it in first hour. For any sound too not just drums.

Ostermilk

26 Nov 2017

Just buy VK2 @ €30 then come back see if there's anything else you'd like.

Do that first though as it's a pure giveaway that you'll regret not going for come Tuesday.

It's not just the best BF deal at the Prop Shop, out of the festoon of BF deals that have hit my inbox the past few days it's the best BF deal, period.

qn5

26 Nov 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Nov 2017

Dude. You're a fucking animal. Wooooooooooo
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

EdGrip

26 Nov 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
26 Nov 2017
Just buy VK2 @ €30 then come back see if there's anything else you'd like.

Do that first though as it's a pure giveaway that you'll regret not going for come Tuesday.

It's not just the best BF deal at the Prop Shop, out of the festoon of BF deals that have hit my inbox the past few days it's the best BF deal, period.
All of this.

• Information