Robotic Bean REs on sale through 27 November

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

19 Nov 2017

We started Black Friday a little early this year, and we have some pretty generous discounts through 27 November! Check them out here.

Note that the Handclap Bundle is actually 19 $/€, there's still a bug in the shop that won't display bundle prices correctly.

AttenuationHz

19 Nov 2017

Nice was hoping so.

let me be the first to say...
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Psuper

19 Nov 2017

Resonans synth is great, but I'm a sucker for 'modelling' stuff in general.

It's a bit tricky at first but eventually starts to make sense. Would loved to have to seen a stronger userbase/forum or some actual tutorials or something out there aside from the one from RB, it's quite different from anything else.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

buddard
RE Developer

20 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
19 Nov 2017
Would loved to have to seen a stronger userbase/forum or some actual tutorials or something out there aside from the one from RB, it's quite different from anything else.
I hear you! I've been planning to make a series of in-depth tutorials for it since it was released, but haven't gotten around to it yet (sorry). I'll definitely try to make it happen this time!

Is there anything in particular you would like me to cover?

Psuper

20 Nov 2017

buddard wrote:
20 Nov 2017
Psuper wrote:
19 Nov 2017
Would loved to have to seen a stronger userbase/forum or some actual tutorials or something out there aside from the one from RB, it's quite different from anything else.
I hear you! I've been planning to make a series of in-depth tutorials for it since it was released, but haven't gotten around to it yet (sorry). I'll definitely try to make it happen this time!

Is there anything in particular you would like me to cover?
Well your video did a good job covering the basic overview. I think 'how to approach sound design' would be best for tutorials, and expand upon the capabilities of the audio input and what can be done within the rack + Resonans. Resonans has quite a different workflow and terminology and while somewhat easy to figure out what the models are doing with my ears, it's not always obvious 'putting it all together'.

I'll put some additional thought into it, appreciate you asking me.

dana

23 Nov 2017

I pulled the trigger on Resonans. I was not disappointed! You can create some wicked sounds by retriggering a note and playing with the modifiers, this is only one instance of Resonans:

Even on normal plucky sounds, it seems like you can get almost infinite variations on a sound by tweaking the parameters. Great usable sounds for future house, techno or any similar style.

The reverbs and delays have a really nice tilt filter which i love. I recently purchased softube tonelux tilt, so i know how useful these can be when mixing. The reverb is lush, no need to bring out the softube tsar-1 with this synth.

Psuper

23 Nov 2017

dana wrote:
23 Nov 2017
I pulled the trigger on Resonans. I was not disappointed! You can create some wicked sounds by retriggering a note and playing with the modifiers, this is only one instance of Resonans:

Even on normal plucky sounds, it seems like you can get almost infinite variations on a sound by tweaking the parameters. Great usable sounds for future house, techno or any similar style.

The reverbs and delays have a really nice tilt filter which i love. I recently purchased softube tonelux tilt, so i know how useful these can be when mixing. The reverb is lush, no need to bring out the softube tsar-1 with this synth.
Awesome Dana, I feel like we're part of a small club with RBs (and now our) secret weapon! Not sure how popular it is, but stuff like Reasonans is only kind of devices I buy, ones that stand out of the crowd.

And it sure does, loud and clear!

jayhosking

23 Nov 2017

Dana, that's the most convincing reason to buy Resonans that I've heard so far. Great work on it.

FLVZ

23 Nov 2017

I like Resonans, it sounds great and I'm a huge fan of variables in sounds. The device though sounds a bit synthesised, to say its supposed to be making organic style sounds. Have I missed the point here completely ? Or is the appeal in that particular type of synthesised organic sound ?

Psuper

23 Nov 2017

Flavolous wrote:
23 Nov 2017
I like Resonans, it sounds great and I'm a huge fan of variables in sounds. The device though sounds a bit synthesised, to say its supposed to be making organic style sounds. Have I missed the point here completely ? Or is the appeal in that particular type of synthesised organic sound ?
"Synthesised" wouldn't be the word to describe Reasonans, however "Organic" certainly would be. But it's much more.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2017

I like the clappers. I've gotten way more use out of them than I first thought I would.

• Information