eq in Grain

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Puniho

13 Nov 2017

Not sure if Grain is classed as an RE, but thought i'd ask here:

When switching on the eq i notice a change in sound, even before any gain adjustments. What's going on? Is this some kind of phasing thing?

MannequinRaces

14 Nov 2017

Puniho wrote:
13 Nov 2017
Not sure if Grain is classed as an RE, but thought i'd ask here:

When switching on the eq i notice a change in sound, even before any gain adjustments. What's going on? Is this some kind of phasing thing?
Maybe caused by the placement in the effects chain? Is it a certain patch doing this or all of them?

Marco Raaphorst

14 Nov 2017

Can't reproduce it using the oscillator set to white noise and switching EQ on and off. At 0 gain there's no difference.

Puniho

15 Nov 2017

Ok I've figured out when it happens, is when the phaser is on. then switching on the eq at 0 settings makes quite an audible difference. It makes no difference where it is in the chain, but moving the effects around while a sustained not is happening also causes the shift in sound. Also the other effects when set at 0 amount. It's not a big issue, I was merely curious about it.

RandyEspoda

18 Nov 2017

It would imply that somehow by turning on the eq while the phaser is on, the output phase gets shited a tad. As to why I guess the props are best suited to answer this one.

• Information