Rumble keeps disappearing

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

12 Nov 2017

I've got Rumble synth currently on trial, but it keeps disappearing from my instruments panel in the browser. I've downloaded it three times now and had a bit of a play with it in between, but it's gone again. I hit Sync earlier to update a couple of things, maybe that was the problem. But why is it happening? Never encountered this problem before with any RE

WongoTheSane

12 Nov 2017

You didn't skip the online authorization by any chance? If you did, Rumble being in trial mode, it would cause the issue you're having. I don't have that issue (I have the non-trial version of Rumble), so could it be the trial that's the problem, rather than the device itself?

dvdrtldg

12 Nov 2017

I don't get the choice of online authorization when I launch Reason, it just opens with no Rumble. Weird. Anyway no major drama, I think I'm going to buy anyway. Really interesting synth

WongoTheSane

12 Nov 2017

Wild guess: is it possible that you authorized Reason with 9.5, and now you're on 10 and somehow it forgot Rumble in the process? I'm not clear on how it would work exactly, but I've twice had a weird problem like that: I launch R10, get the online authorization dialog, skip it - which should load all devices I bought but not those which are in trial - but instead I get no devices at all (except VSTs). Quite hard to pinpoint as it doesn't happen often. My guess would be that some types of connection failures to the auth server don't generate an error dialog and just let Reason load without the devices it should have authorized...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
12 Nov 2017
I launch R10, get the online authorization dialog, skip it - which should load all devices I bought but not those which are in trial - but instead I get no devices at all (except VSTs).
For me that happens all the time, if I don't login via a internet connection I get no devices, my PC is authorised, of course I do run a lot of beta's and trials.

dvdrtldg wrote:
12 Nov 2017
I don't get the choice of online authorization when I launch Reason, it just opens with no Rumble. Weird. Anyway no major drama, I think I'm going to buy anyway. Really interesting synth
I would say that is your issue to why you don't get to see Rumble.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Nov 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
12 Nov 2017
Did this issue got solved? FYI, without an online authorization, all the trail versions of Rack Extensions will not work even when you have downloaded and installed them. When the Reason welcome window (picture below) does not appear, it is likely that you have a Ignition Key active in a USB port. Try to remove the Ignition Key prior starting Reason, then the Reason welcome window will appear and then you can log in with your Prop account. All trail versions of downloaded and installed Rack Extensions should be active in Reason.
Reason_Welcome_Window.jpg
Reason_Welcome_Window.jpg (48.14 KiB) Viewed 597 times

• Information