KRON CV Toolbox Update

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
starship
RE Developer

10 Nov 2017

Hey folks!

It took a while, but now there's a bug fix update for the KRON in the shop.

I'm calling it version 1.1.0 mainly because it adds a new mod version entry called "1.1." That felt more obvious than using "1.0.3" as this option. :) Kinda arbitrary.

Highlights: bugfixes, this new mod version entry (use it :)), more combi patches (including 20 I made using the Europa and the Soundiron devices), and an updated manual.

Manual: http://alien-seed.com/kron/KRON_manual.pdf

Details:
This new mod version is the default for new and reset devices. Basically it does a better job with integer mods than previous versions, but depending on the mods, it may not work the same as the previous versions, hence the need for an actual option here to maintain backwards-compatibility. Now it should work for situations like modding multiple sync frequencies that are set to different frequencies, so as the mod moves, these frequencies change *at the same time*.

Other bug fixes include: lamp and display bugs; fixes for the quant section (n-shot/n-holds, 100% length gates, x^n and 1/n-shot with the freeze option, etc.); the gate trigger (the button you can just "push" to trigger) wasn't behaving well if it got the on and off signal in the same batch; negative LFO phase knob settings weren't working right with curve windows; adjustments to functions that deal with the play position for looping, stopping/starting, etc.; changing the number of points in a note quantizer scale wasn't properly updating the root note; changing tempo with env sync'd sync frequencies wasn't updating the frequencies properly; and misc. other stuff.

There are also some new combinator patches: 21 from me and 6 from beta testers (Jim with 5 and Benedict with 1) and maybe some more b/c my numbers are off. :) All of mine except one uses the new Reason 10 instruments: 12 Europa patches and 8 SoundIron patches. I haven't gotten around to really delving into Grain yet. Some of these new patches are generator patches that use note quantizing. There are also some more device patches, mostly taken from these new combi patches, but also including a couple demo note sequencer patches (which is how I found a lot of these bugs :)).

And I updated the manual, mostly adding pictures that label the LFO controls and such. All of those pictures are in a new appendix at the end of the manual.

PLEASE, if you find a bug, let me know. :)

Cheers!

starship
RE Developer

10 Nov 2017

And feel free to park any suggestions and help requests and whatnot here.... :)

Despondo
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2017

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to trying it out. :-)

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2017

Can we apply different modulations to the 16 input grid individually and then output those 16 in out again in separate mode instead of using the grid to multiplex the output???

starship
RE Developer

15 Nov 2017

Re8et wrote:
15 Nov 2017
Can we apply different modulations to the 16 input grid individually and then output those 16 in out again in separate mode instead of using the grid to multiplex the output???
No, but I was thinking about this myself a couple days ago. :)

You could route 4 of them through the LFOs and modulate them there. That's about as close as you're going to get to what you're asking.

You could route those 16 inputs through the 8 custom outputs and the LFOs, grid, and envelope, and have a total of 14 splitters with some uni/bi and invert ability (the quants can't do this at the moment).

If you just use the LFOs, you could do something like multiplying two sets of 4 inputs together (or adding them), outputting 4 indy results. Or like adding 2 sets of 4, multiplying by another set of 4, and scaling some of that with another set of 4. All via the mods (setting the LFOs' levels to zero and using the add/mul special mods). But there's not really a way to do something special and individual to all 16 inputs and then to output them.

• Information