TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
samp

12 Nov 2017

Greetings all. So this device will allow us to program and sequence drums from NI Battery using Redrum? Any tips on how to get that going? thanks

buddard
RE Developer

12 Nov 2017

samp wrote:
12 Nov 2017
Greetings all. So this device will allow us to program and sequence drums from NI Battery using Redrum? Any tips on how to get that going? thanks
Sure!

1. Connect each of Redrum's gate outputs to inputs 1-10 on TM-1, or better yet, load the "Redrum Multiplexer" combinator patch that's already included with TM-1

2. Connect TM-1's CV outputs (Gate/Note) to the to the corresponding inputs (Gate/CV) on the back panel of the plugin device containing Battery:

3. You're good to go!

TM-1 will by default map input 1 to C1, input 2 to C#1, and so on. By default, this corresponds to cells A1 - A10 on Battery. If you want to trigger different cells you either change their note numbers in Battery or on TM-1.

samp

12 Nov 2017

buddard wrote:
12 Nov 2017
samp wrote:
12 Nov 2017
Sure!

1. Connect each of Redrum's gate outputs to inputs 1-10 on TM-1, or better yet, load the "Redrum Multiplexer" combinator patch that's already included with TM-1

2. Connect TM-1's CV outputs (Gate/Note) to the to the corresponding inputs (Gate/CV) on the back panel of the plugin device containing Battery:

3. You're good to go!

TM-1 will by default map input 1 to C1, input 2 to C#1, and so on. By default, this corresponds to cells A1 - A10 on Battery. If you want to trigger different cells you either change their note numbers in Battery or on TM-1.
Thanks gonna give it a try. sounds great! I like Kong but Battery just has more features and fx etc.

FGL

12 Nov 2017

Topnotch device. Very helpful.

Voyager

12 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Nov 2017
Voyager wrote:
11 Nov 2017

:D

I mean when using redrum sequencer combined with kong kits samples and then be able to use directly redrum parameters like volume, lenght of sample, velocity, pan etc.. Right now TM-1 just use redrum just a sequencer and therefore the redrum parameters aren't usable.
Okay its like this. A gate signal is just like a light switch the off signal tells it to turn off so you have no sound (not triggering sound), the on signal tells it to turn on so you have sound (triggers the sound). You could think of it like a dimmer switch for a light also both CV (note) and CV (gate) have the same info Control Voltage. The velocity of the gate signal (that is how hard/soft you would press a key on a piano) can be controlled using the velocity on a Matrix device. Think of the dimmer switch as being the velocity and just beside the dimmer on the wall is the on/off switch controlling the (sound)/ Light source on/off. If with one hand you control how bright the light is going to be and the other the on/off signal for the light.

The same info is on any CV signal (be it LFO, Envelope, Gate or Note) 0 Volts to 1 Volt. Imaging the dimmer switch is 0 off no light and 1 full light. As you move the knob the intensity of the light increases/decreases. It is more or less the same with an LFO/Envelope signal except the LFO loops forever and in most cases the envelope is triggered when the gate is on.

A CV signal does not carry the info related to pan or whatever other settings you have on a Kong only the on/off. A gate is always off until you turn it on!

Hope that makes sense. :)
Thanks for the explanation :thumbs_up:

ravisoni

13 Nov 2017

This is phenomenal!
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

chimp_spanner

13 Nov 2017

Yeah it's fantastic, really. The mind is reeling at the possibilities; like PSQ or Euclid driving Superior Drummer and creating infinite evolving organic drum patterns. Me-oh-my. But even just basic stuff like being able to trigger old NN-XT kits with Propulsion or ReDrum is just fantastic. Really great work. I love the ingenuity that springs from the Reason environment. Just another reason why it's my favourite platform <3

BananaSkins

13 Nov 2017

WOW!

If I was to make full use of all the combinator PATCHES in this RE: it would cost me an EXTRA '258' euros to buy the corresponding RE's. :thumbs_down:

I was half tempted there... :puf_unhappy:

chimp_spanner

13 Nov 2017

Well I think they're just included for the convenience of people who *do* own those devices. You don't buy this device for its combi patches IMO, and I wouldn't say that's a reason not to buy it.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

14 Nov 2017

Funny thing: when I saw TM-1, I thought it would make using Microtonic easier, since, as a VST, it can only accept Gate and Note CV signals... Then I looked at the demo video for TM-1 where Microtonic is precisely used as an example! Nice!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

parma

14 Nov 2017

This is a fantastic tool.

chimp_spanner

14 Nov 2017

Wait wait this also means...I can sequence my Volca Beats using Reason pattern devices. If only I didn't have MOUNTAINS of work to do today....UGH.

groggy1

14 Nov 2017

What a great plugin, really useful!

I was using MoPol to do similar to this, but this plugin is OPTIMIZED for converting gate to specific Note. Brilliant idea to have note-learn on this (rather than me having to know that C1==57 or whatever)

This is exactly the kind of RE that makes my life easier

IFR

14 Nov 2017

Hello,
Trying this RE. In the youtube video, abou 50 sec in, he shows that you can "send to track" Is there a setup for this, I cant seem to figure it out. I would love to get the Propulsion RE patterns on a track.
Thanks

Link to vid:

WongoTheSane

14 Nov 2017

IFR wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hello,
Trying this RE. In the youtube video, abou 50 sec in, he shows that you can "send to track" Is there a setup for this, I cant seem to figure it out. I would love to get the Propulsion RE patterns on a track.
Thanks
Yes there is, and it's on Robotic Bean's website:

http://roboticbean.com/creative/2016/05 ... -reason-9/

IFR

14 Nov 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
14 Nov 2017
IFR wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hello,
Thanks
Yes there is, and it's on Robotic Bean's website:

http://roboticbean.com/creative/2016/05 ... -reason-9/
Ah! Perfect. My mistake was that I had everything (Player, kong, Propulsion, and the TM-1) in the same combinator, and not just the Player and Kong only
Way better.
Thanks for the link.

buddard
RE Developer

15 Nov 2017

IFR wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Ah! Perfect. My mistake was that I had everything (Player, kong, Propulsion, and the TM-1) in the same combinator, and not just the Player and Kong only
Way better.
Thanks for the link.
Actually, you can keep everything in the same combinator if you want! Just connect the outputs of TM-1 to the input of the combinator itself, like this:

Just make sure that TM-1 is not receiving any notes in the combinator. (If you're using the included startup combis you should be fine)

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2017

Can I make a creative critic?
I would like to remap notes from each channel on the run.
Combinator limitation stop us at 10 channels only. With combinator 2.0 with enhanced matrix and cv inputs mixer there would be no need, but this is PH biz.
A note cv selector for each channel could help us evict that nuisance.
This is a critique. It need those. Not in real need, just it could be sort of cooler, or more odd, I don't know.
Don't take it as a real critic anyw. :)

Suggestion instead, add an all note channel randomizer button. (While adding the cv note selector, just pop in some values generator, maybe with the function to disable duplicated values).

Nice one!

sdst
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2017

now that we have this great RE

we need a more human sequencer, with more swing options

skatebird

16 Nov 2017

IFR wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hello,
Thanks
We just made a Quick tip video for this :)

Cheers!
I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it. - John Cage

BananaSkins

16 Nov 2017

skatebird wrote:
16 Nov 2017
IFR wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hello,
Thanks

Cheers!
Thanks for that video... :thumbs_up:

Had a good play with TM-1 Trigger today and starting to realise it's full potential, I've even had TM-1 Trigger controlling my hardware Korg Keyboards - some pretty great results - when you throw one of the players (scales + chords) into the combi to use the "send to track" function try it with the player on as well...The Midi Universe Starts To Open Up! ;)

OverneathTheSkyBridg

19 Nov 2017

I instantly bought this as soon as I saw it. This is exactly what I need to step sequence all those big NNXT drum kits I've got!

geronimo

19 Nov 2017

skatebird wrote:
16 Nov 2017

On the other hand, if you want to recommern the operation a second time, it does not work fine !

buddard
RE Developer

20 Nov 2017

geronimo wrote:
19 Nov 2017
skatebird wrote:
16 Nov 2017

On the other hand, if you want to recommern the operation a second time, it does not work fine !
This is covered in the User Guide. When you send to track, the Players automatically enable Bypass All. All you have to do is disable it and you're good to go again!

buddard
RE Developer

20 Nov 2017

We have released MT-1 update 1.1.0 today, which includes the following improvements:

We modified the prewired Combinator patches so that MT-1's outputs are wired to the inputs of its own Combinator by default. This means that all you have to do is drop your drum instrument inside the Combinator, and it should just work. They also come with Line Mixers, so you can add multiple instruments if you want.

We also added new Combinator patches for the A-List Drummers. This means that you can use their patterns to trigger combis and drum VSTs, as demonstrated in our latest Quick Tip video:

• Information