Klang, Pangea, Humana - Anyone using them?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Puniho

08 Nov 2017

I'll try again

moneykube

08 Nov 2017

Puniho wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Ummm... dumb question but how do you embed Soundcloud tracks?
choose soundcloud track on right ........ ........ ^^^^^^
paste url in between where cursor is
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.05.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.05.21 PM.png (27.77 KiB) Viewed 3854 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Wickline

08 Nov 2017

Use the Soundcloud button above the text boxing then just paste the regular soundcloud link in the tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Puniho

08 Nov 2017

This time....?

[soundcloud_trackhttps://soundcloud.com/paul-hutchinson-12/beta-late-than-never][/soundcloud_track]

Wickline

08 Nov 2017

Almost. The brackets should surround the soundcloud_track

Puniho

08 Nov 2017

Puniho

08 Nov 2017

Got it finally! Thanks for the help guys! :)

moneykube

08 Nov 2017

Puniho wrote:
08 Nov 2017
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: no problem... cool track there... love the eastern flair
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Taff

09 Nov 2017

I'm pretty underwhelmed, but am prepared to be whlemed if more patches come out.

ProfessaKaos

09 Nov 2017

I like them, really nice sounds. Very happy to have them.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Wickline

09 Nov 2017

Taff wrote:I'm pretty underwhelmed, but am prepared to be whlemed if more patches come out.
Yeah I hope they do to. Really wanted something with dilruba, koto, and some of those type instruments.

Puniho

09 Nov 2017

moneykube wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Puniho wrote:
08 Nov 2017
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: no problem... cool track there... love the eastern flair
Thanks, glad you liked it!

Ixus

09 Nov 2017

moneykube wrote:
08 Nov 2017

great... love it
Thank you man :)

Puniho wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Ummm... dumb question but how do you embed Soundcloud tracks?
You simply copy and paste it and the forum does the rest!

Here is your song!

Love the name :D
nice track, It gave me some vibes of Emelie SImon's music to March of the Penguins

Ixus

09 Nov 2017

I see you figured it out doh! :D

Wickline

09 Nov 2017

Puniho wrote:
That is pretty cool. Nicely done!

Puniho

10 Nov 2017

[quote=

Love the name :D
nice track, It gave me some vibes of Emelie SImon's music to March of the Penguins
[/quote]

I'll have to look that one up!

I enjoyed your track too, the way you mixed up the folksy bits and the grungey guitar !

Puniho

10 Nov 2017

Wickline wrote:
09 Nov 2017
Puniho wrote:
That is pretty cool. Nicely done!

Thanks! Its actually the fasted ive ever completed a track. Having some kind of deadline is good even if it does go whooshing past me. ;)

jlgrimes

10 Nov 2017

These aren’t bad instruments.

I actually like the choirs.

I just don’t see why these had to be three devices. They could have just been one.

Also while it isn’t wrong to go third party at times (many classic racks such as Malstrom and Neptune come from 3rd parties), it seems a bit like this was added as filler so they could do a ten upgrade.

Europa and Grain while great new devices, if where released by themselves, there would be even more people saying this isn’t suitable for a major release. They know it is hard to turn down new content for many.

Also we have been burned a little by Line6, also certain Props Refills are no longer available all because of licensing issues so I can see how this turns off users.

It also reminds me of Sonar about 10 years ago. They always seemed to include 3rd party content which just seemed like filler material. If it’s done tastefully, fills a gap, it can be a good thing but I think it upsets a lot of users.

In the end I think people are upset that features people really wanted, but we got new samples.

So we have to wait another year (or two, or three) for the features we want.

Adabler
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2017

While I like many of the sounds, I have not really found use for them yet. I think maybe Klang and Pangea should have been one device, but Humana is fine in my book.
:reason: 12, Win10

sublunar

10 Nov 2017

I'm absolutely certain I will never use Humana. Mainly because of my hatred for vocal samples in any song, ever. I hate vocal samples utterly and completely. Any time I'm listening to an "instumental" track and there's even the slightest vocal samples in it, I skip the track. Can't stand to listen to them. But that's nothing specific to Humana as an instrument.

Klang and Pangea are not as terrible as people say. I never had the Soundiron samples and never would have bought them, so getting free instruments that add sounds I never would have sought out myself is not something to complain about. Instead, I'm happy to receive them as a bonus. I would have bought v10 with or without them. But I can certainly see running them through some effects and making weird shit. I like weird shit and I think these will do fine.

When I only have sounds that I purposely sought out/created, my palette tends to get somewhat ..stale. When I use sounds outside of my usual zone of interest, then the results often end up more exciting than otherwise. So I'm happy to have them and I will find a use for them. Either raw or heavily modified by effects.

etyrnal

10 Nov 2017

sublunar wrote:I'm absolutely certain I will never use Humana. Mainly because of my hatred for vocal samples in any song, ever. I hate vocal samples utterly and completely. Any time I'm listening to an "instumental" track and there's even the slightest vocal samples in it, I skip the track. Can't stand to listen to them. But that's nothing specific to Humana as an instrument.

Klang and Pangea are not as terrible as people say. I never had the Soundiron samples and never would have bought them, so getting free instruments that add sounds I never would have sought out myself is not something to complain about. Instead, I'm happy to receive them as a bonus. I would have bought v10 with or without them. But I can certainly see running them through some effects and making weird shit. I like weird shit and I think these will do fine.

When I only have sounds that I purposely sought out/created, my palette tends to get somewhat ..stale. When I use sounds outside of my usual zone of interest, then the results often end up more exciting than otherwise. So I'm happy to have them and I will find a use for them. Either raw or heavily modified by effects.
I don't think it's so much about haven't gotten free sounds and some free mediocre devices, I think it's more about the fact that propellerhead put their energy into including some very lame devices, instead of having put that energy into many of the numerous improvements that people have been begging for for years. In some ways kind of a cop-out of an upgrade.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

sublunar

10 Nov 2017

etyrnal wrote:
10 Nov 2017
I don't think it's so much about haven't gotten free sounds and some free mediocre devices, I think it's more about the fact that propellerhead put their energy into including some very lame devices, instead of having put that energy into many of the numerous improvements that people have been begging for for years. In some ways kind of a cop-out of an upgrade.
In that respect then yeah I agree. Would much rather have the various improvements.

dvdrtldg

10 Nov 2017

sublunar wrote:
10 Nov 2017
I'm absolutely certain I will never use Humana. Mainly because of my hatred for vocal samples in any song, ever. I hate vocal samples utterly and completely.
Same here. Those ooooh-ahhhh sounds always seem cheesy & lame to me, the sort of thing you hear playing in shops that sell scented candles and windchimes. Although I have to admit I've used them in layered drones, heavily disguised with processing so as to be unrecognisable

miscend

10 Nov 2017

jlgrimes wrote:
10 Nov 2017
These aren’t bad instruments.

I actually like the choirs.

I just don’t see why these had to be three devices. They could have just been one.

Also while it isn’t wrong to go third party at times (many classic racks such as Malstrom and Neptune come from 3rd parties), it seems a bit like this was added as filler so they could do a ten upgrade.

Europa and Grain while great new devices, if where released by themselves, there would be even more people saying this isn’t suitable for a major release. They know it is hard to turn down new content for many.

Also we have been burned a little by Line6, also certain Props Refills are no longer available all because of licensing issues so I can see how this turns off users.

It also reminds me of Sonar about 10 years ago. They always seemed to include 3rd party content which just seemed like filler material. If it’s done tastefully, fills a gap, it can be a good thing but I think it upsets a lot of users.

In the end I think people are upset that features people really wanted, but we got new samples.

So we have to wait another year (or two, or three) for the features we want.
Neptune wasn’t made in house? That’s news to me. I think it’s algorithm could certainly be made to be a bit more natural. It doesn’t sound good on certain voices even at slow/light settings.

Puniho

12 Nov 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Nov 2017
sublunar wrote:
10 Nov 2017
I'm absolutely certain I will never use Humana. Mainly because of my hatred for vocal samples in any song, ever. I hate vocal samples utterly and completely.
Same here. Those ooooh-ahhhh sounds always seem cheesy & lame to me, the sort of thing you hear playing in shops that sell scented candles and windchimes. Although I have to admit I've used them in layered drones, heavily disguised with processing so as to be unrecognisable
But aren't the ooh aah sounds used simply because they are the most useful formant sounds? I mean, what else can you have? Er and umm..? It is often noted that the human voice is what every instrument attempts to mimic. What about sampled strings? It can be argued that they also sound cheesey. But not as cheesey as synth strings. So what do you do? Avoid strings? Come to think of it, any sampled instrument is potentialy cheesey. But not as cheesey as synthesised instruments. Lets face it, its all cheese! :D

• Information