Klang, Pangea, Humana - Anyone using them?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
aeox
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Alright so I've tried them out now for a while and I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't be using them too much. I was gonna write a 3 track EP with them but I got bored by them pretty quickly so today I decided to end that project.
I did write one track using only these 3 instruments though. Here it is.

I thought that I would be more positive about them after using them for a while. I agree that these instruments could easy have been lumped together as one. Having them seperated as different units would make more sense if they each contained more instruments and sounds.
To be really useful all instruments could have more sample variations since these are supposed to sound more realistic.
The samples themselves are alright but like I said there's so few of them. Most sounds I know I'll never use.
Klang and Pangea were the best of the three imo. Humana just sounds weird to me most of the time.
I like these sounds! Sounds like a stock music library thing.

I'll probably mess around with them when Reason 11 comes out because I'm skipping 10.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2018

modecca wrote:
13 Jan 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Alright so I've tried them out now for a while and I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't be using them too much. I was gonna write a 3 track EP with them but I got bored by them pretty quickly so today I decided to end that project.
I did write one track using only these 3 instruments though. Here it is.

Gorgeous tune mate.
I think these things have great sounds, but prefer to chuck the samples into Grain or ⚛️ myself.
Thanks. There's nothing wrong with the samples themselves, there's just so few of them. I just don't see myself using these instruments very often. But we'll see. Might be useful when you want to sprinkle something more organic in the mix every now and then.
Still haven't toyed around much with Grain but I imagine you can get some cool sounds when combining it with these 3 instruments.

Pralijah

16 Jan 2018

Yes, as the devices has simular functions, they could have been in one sound module. But I might prefer 3 different devices, fort the same of clarity. I gladly uses these devices, find their easy availability good for the workflow. And one can manipulate the sounds as one wish.
Make music shake again!

• Information