The Legend is 50% off this week

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
stratatonic

06 Nov 2017

junkish wrote:
06 Nov 2017
Ah nice, was planning to get it.
Wonder if the crossgrade offer is still valid if you buy it at the sale
If you buy RE @ 49 you would pay the difference (50) to get VST/AU as well.

IF you buy RE @ 49, AND Synapse puts the VST/AU on sale sometime in the future, say 79, you can get the VST crossgrade through Synapse for 30 at that time.

Creativemind

06 Nov 2017

To be pedantic it's less than 50% off. 50% off would €49.50.

Whichever way you look at it...it's a bargain!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

06 Nov 2017

Just trialling. People are right. what a lush bit of kit this is. Loving some of the patches. Will probably buy this.

Candied Bacon is a nice lead patch.
Last edited by Creativemind on 06 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

kitekrazy

06 Nov 2017

stratatonic wrote:
06 Nov 2017
junkish wrote:
06 Nov 2017
Ah nice, was planning to get it.
Wonder if the crossgrade offer is still valid if you buy it at the sale

IF you buy RE @ 49, AND Synapse puts the VST/AU on sale sometime in the future, say 79, you can get the VST crossgrade through Synapse for 30 at that time.
Bummer. Would have been an impulse purchase for sure. I need to save up for the Reason upgrade.

miscend

06 Nov 2017

Hopefully the VST goes on sale for Black Friday. L

paulred67

06 Nov 2017

I couldn't resist and bought it. Great synth. But...this is the first synth in my Reason rack that doesn't respond to sustain pedal. Was The Legend designed this way on purpose or is it a bug?
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

pjeudy

06 Nov 2017

Voyager wrote:
06 Nov 2017
50% off just before the black friday ?

I won't complain tho..
Smart Move. The legend gets a head start, By nov 24...there's going to be lots of noise in the RE and VST market!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2017

paulred67 wrote:
06 Nov 2017
I couldn't resist and bought it. Great synth. But...this is the first synth in my Reason rack that doesn't respond to sustain pedal. Was The Legend designed this way on purpose or is it a bug?
I have not tested the sustain pedal however slap it into a combinator should sort that out for now.

Loque

07 Nov 2017

Man...the sound is so great of this synth. The synth looks so simple, but it sounds awsome. I just tried to re-create a few patches with VK-2 and (as my experience is with most synths) they never sound the same, completly different. So if you have one, you still can buy the other. Playing the filter sounds very nice on The Legend, putting some noise in it...luv it!
Reason12, Win10

Marco Raaphorst

07 Nov 2017

It's funny. When discussing wavetable synths people bring features and amount of features to the table. While this one, is a super simple synth, super old, but one which has a classic sound.

Hauntology :D

miscend

07 Nov 2017

Howcome the deal of the week isn’t on the front page this week?

AttenuationHz

07 Nov 2017

Creativemind wrote:
06 Nov 2017
To be pedantic it's less than 50% off. 50% off would €49.50.

Whichever way you look at it...it's a bargain!
To be truly pedantic its more than 50% off. :lol:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

FLVZ

07 Nov 2017

Loque wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Man...the sound is so great of this synth. The synth looks so simple, but it sounds awsome. I just tried to re-create a few patches with VK-2 and (as my experience is with most synths) they never sound the same, completly different. So if you have one, you still can buy the other. Playing the filter sounds very nice on The Legend, putting some noise in it...luv it!
Idk, I still kind of feel if you got an understanding of the underlying architecture, (where the drive is, how much drive is there [i.e filters/amp], what type of drive, what type of filter slope, the curve of the envelopes) you defintely would be able to create the exact same patches using VK2. Still I agree it is a phenomenal instrument, and like said before in the end I only got VK2 instead because I'd created so many patches I just had to buy it after the trial. Both occupy the highest tier in classic analog synth land. The weird thing about VK2 for me is that I've had Mono/Poly frying my MBP CPU (2.7ghz i7) with one pad patch unison set to 16, with 128 voices (it sounds awesome don't judge), but no singular VK2 patch has come anywhere close to doing that sort of damage on either of my workstations.

Loque

07 Nov 2017

Flavolous wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Loque wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Idk, I still kind of feel if you got an understanding of the underlying architecture, (where the drive is, how much drive is there [i.e filters/amp], what type of drive, what type of filter slope, the curve of the envelopes) you defintely would be able to create the exact same patches using VK2. Still I agree it is a phenomenal instrument, and like said before in the end I only got VK2 instead because I'd created so many patches I just had to buy it after the trial. Both occupy the highest tier in classic analog synth land. The weird thing about VK2 for me is that I've had Mono/Poly frying my MBP CPU (2.7ghz i7) with one pad patch unison set to 16, with 128 voices (it sounds awesome don't judge), but no singular VK2 patch has come anywhere close to doing that sort of damage on either of my workstations.
Well, i tried to recreate some simple sounds, but with not that success. They came close, after i completely ignored any values and focused on my ears. But the feedback-loop, filter sound, the fx are taste on its own and cannot be easily recreated and they also have an impact on the sound. I just tried (again) some feedback loop in other synths similar to The Legend, but failed. The feedback also seem to have some pitch adjustment in it - dunno - maybe someone else has a detailed idea, what this thing does. In the end i cannot reproduce this feedback loop with some of my synths and the point is, i can hook it up in The Legend with one simple knob.

Dont get me wrong, where The Legend has its own character, VK-2 and others have their. While i recreated a sound in VK-2 that came close, i just thought, why not dial in a bit FM and BANG! Awsome! Not possible with The Legend.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

07 Nov 2017

I wonder if it's possible to patch in some feedback in VK-2? Most points in the signal chain are accessible.

Loque

07 Nov 2017

EdGrip wrote:
07 Nov 2017
I wonder if it's possible to patch in some feedback in VK-2? Most points in the signal chain are accessible.
You can add a audio input from the backside to the mixer on front or try the mod matrix and mix it in. I tried splitting the output or the filter output, didnt sound satisfying. Maybe i give it another try with some frequencey and pitch shifting (which will introduce lateny too :-() and an envelope to the signal before routing it back.

Maybe you can create some good results.

EDIT: I just noticed, that if you route something constant to the audio inputs, the sound is affected, regardless if you use the audio input anywhere.
Reason12, Win10

ltbrunt00

07 Nov 2017

Thanks a lot legend, I spent all my money buying the blamsoft synths last week.

I hope the legend sale is extended to 11/15/17.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

ltbrunt00

07 Nov 2017

If you are truly a legend become a legend an extend this sale out to 11/15/17.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

craven

07 Nov 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Nov 2017
paulred67 wrote:
06 Nov 2017
I have not tested the sustain pedal however slap it into a combinator should sort that out for now.
I read in the original legend thread it does not support sustain pedals.
:ugeek:

jfrichards

08 Nov 2017

I'm glad you brought up the sustain issue. I right-clicked the Amplifier Envelope release knob, clicked on Edit Remote Override Mapping, moved my Midi footpedal, and wow, got a variable sustain pedal for The Legend. Thanks. Performance-wise, this adds the option to keep a bass note playing, or chords (in polyphony) while soloing.

kitekrazy

08 Nov 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Nov 2017
stratatonic wrote:
06 Nov 2017

Bummer. Would have been an impulse purchase for sure. I need to save up for the Reason upgrade.
Odd how the Prop Shop works. I was hoping to go through and see if I could go with Paypal credit. I guess it skipped through some processes and now I have it. Oh bummer. No crap presets in this. It sounds nice. If you you are not synth savy it's real easy to create new stuff with the existing patches.

Oh well I was gonna buy this anyway. I think my Black Friday wad is already shot.

kitekrazy

08 Nov 2017

Social Exodus wrote:
06 Nov 2017
pjeudy wrote:
06 Nov 2017

Are you thinking that because a Device goes on sale that means the host application is popular? but what about those other sales these past 5 years! Reason 10 wasn't out then.

Honestly, I have no idea why these synths are all deeply discounted right now. But for whatever reason (pun intended?) there is a good old fashioned price war happening here, wouldn't you agree?
It more insane with VST effects. Waves sale prices on Diamond were around $200. Spire VST was $139. The soft synth market hasn't been as competitive. I still prefer REs for Reason because most likely they are stable. I just had Reason crash on opening while it was scanning VSTs. Even though I'm a casual user I've never had it crash. VST support now makes that possible.

Re8et
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2017

Now I'm buffled.
My trial just finished. I tried also to recreate a sound of the Legend with the Vk2, and it went really close, but not the same.
Then I took al fx, amp, drives, etc off, to the point of Saw vs Saw, but the two filters sections has slightly different range and slopes, and in the
end the simple Saw had a "brighter point" on the Legend. Maybe it was for that feedback loop I did not know of what is doing exactly. Anyway some particular patches I could not Vk2 replicate to exact range are true blue, almost.
Deal of the week it mean it ends on saturday... hard choice..

Loque

09 Nov 2017

Re8et wrote:
09 Nov 2017
Now I'm buffled.
My trial just finished. I tried also to recreate a sound of the Legend with the Vk2, and it went really close, but not the same.
Then I took al fx, amp, drives, etc off, to the point of Saw vs Saw, but the two filters sections has slightly different range and slopes, and in the
end the simple Saw had a "brighter point" on the Legend. Maybe it was for that feedback loop I did not know of what is doing exactly. Anyway some particular patches I could not Vk2 replicate to exact range are true blue, almost.
Deal of the week it mean it ends on saturday... hard choice..
Note, that the filter of The Legend can be adjusted on the back.
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2017

All right no travel this weekend. Buffling over. 400 patches that quality are completely worth it.

• Information