The Legend is 50% off this week

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MannequinRaces

09 Nov 2017

Really glad I passed on the VK2 sale. Just trialed this and was blown away. Great presets. This synth is so tasty sounding! I'll probably never own a really Moog so this is the next best thing!! It probably helped that I just got done watching Stranger Things season 2 and the 80s goodness is rubbing off on me. :)

EdGrip

09 Nov 2017

Loque wrote:
07 Nov 2017
EdGrip wrote:
07 Nov 2017
I wonder if it's possible to patch in some feedback in VK-2? Most points in the signal chain are accessible.
You can add a audio input from the backside to the mixer on front or try the mod matrix and mix it in. I tried splitting the output or the filter output, didnt sound satisfying. Maybe i give it another try with some frequencey and pitch shifting (which will introduce lateny too :-() and an envelope to the signal before routing it back.

Maybe you can create some good results.

EDIT: I just noticed, that if you route something constant to the audio inputs, the sound is affected, regardless if you use the audio input anywhere.
Seems to work - here's a combi patch. You'll need VK-2, Jiggery-Pokery Shelob audio splitter (free), and kHs Gain (also free). Gain for boostin'. You could probably use 6:1 or 14:1 in place of the Gain, but it's just what came to hand, and I think the Gain offers a bit more boost on tap. This is a zero-latency feedback loop - I double-checked. :) :thumbs_up:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X0TfS ... d4v1SdXVHp

Edit: I'm not saying this is a good patch, or achieves what someone's looking for - it's just a working filter feedback loop in VK-2, that's all. :)

Loque

09 Nov 2017

EdGrip wrote:
09 Nov 2017
Loque wrote:
07 Nov 2017

You can add a audio input from the backside to the mixer on front or try the mod matrix and mix it in. I tried splitting the output or the filter output, didnt sound satisfying. Maybe i give it another try with some frequencey and pitch shifting (which will introduce lateny too :-() and an envelope to the signal before routing it back.

Maybe you can create some good results.

EDIT: I just noticed, that if you route something constant to the audio inputs, the sound is affected, regardless if you use the audio input anywhere.
Seems to work - here's a combi patch. You'll need VK-2, Jiggery-Pokery Shelob audio splitter (free), and kHs Gain (also free). Gain for boostin'. You could probably use 6:1 or 14:1 in place of the Gain, but it's just what came to hand, and I think the Gain offers a bit more boost on tap. This is a zero-latency feedback loop - I double-checked. :) :thumbs_up:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X0TfS ... d4v1SdXVHp

Edit: I'm not saying this is a good patch, or achieves what someone's looking for - it's just a working filter feedback loop in VK-2, that's all. :)
I also fiddled around again, with saturation, filtering and stuff, but couldnt come up with a satisfying result. I guess its the overdrive of the filter itself in The Legend. Some other filters have also overdrive (maybe a feedback buffer?), like in Thor the Synapse Filter or F-16.
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

09 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Creativemind wrote:
06 Nov 2017
To be pedantic it's less than 50% off. 50% off would €49.50.

Whichever way you look at it...it's a bargain!
To be truly pedantic its more than 50% off. :lol:
Correct! :cool:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

EdGrip

09 Nov 2017

You can also do filter feedback by just setting the 4th mixer slot source to Amp. But it hasn't got quite the break-the-universe oomph of the Gain knob. ;)

I was just amusing myself seeing how close to a very cool Legend patch - "Devil Brass KS" - I could get with VK-2.
Pretty close! (feedback is part of it!)
...although it turns out it's a patch based on a fully wet reverb mix(!), and the synths' built-in reverbs sound more different than the synths themselves do.
It's a fun exercise though, and teaches you about the controls of both synths - matching up displayed numerical values only gets you in the very general area, and then you have to problem-solve. Five-stars, would recommend +++++

Adabler
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2017

I just bought it and it sounds insanely good! Instant favorite! Yay!
:reason: 12, Win10

miscend

10 Nov 2017

I shot this out against the free version of the Arturia Mini Moog. Very interesting.

Reasonable man

11 Nov 2017

yip bought it. First synth i own other than malstrom subtractor and thor. my sonic world just got alot bigger

Electric-Metal

11 Nov 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
11 Nov 2017
yip bought it. First synth i own other than malstrom subtractor and thor. my sonic world just got alot bigger
Good choice. Congrats :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Innerst

17 Nov 2017

Below is an interesting Legend thread from kvraudio.com.

I recommend the whole thread really. Prepare your favourite beverage, snacks and whatever is your thing, it is a few pages :lol:

For example on page 13 one of the developers from Synapse talks about the programming and algorithms:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=180

The Legend was made with Love :)

miscend

29 Nov 2017

The Legend was first time I realised software can sound as good as hardware. Every other synth emulation was always lacking compared to the original hardware.

• Information