Best MixFood Poll - if you only had one

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Which MixFood is best?

MixFood WT4
43%
MixFood ReMix
No votes
MixFood Orange
No votes
MixFood Ambi Nature
50%
MixFood Unison XS
7%

Total votes: 14
MirEko

04 Nov 2017

Looking at buying a MixFood Rompler since the $9 sale is on.
Which one is the best?
Which one do you like the best and if you could only have one, which would you pick?
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2017

I'd pick Ambi Nature.

I already have a bunch of synths that I prefer to use over the Mixfood ones.
What I don't have is a lot of nature sounds. It's not something I use for every song, but sometimes I just want to add some background ambience in a song. When I do need it it's nice to have a good collection of samples gathered in a rack extension. I actually like the idea of having a certain set of samples tied to an instrument instead of having to look for samples and refills on my computer somewhere, or worse trying to sort the good ones from the bad ones on the internet somewhere.

I've tried all the Mixfood synths quickly at some point, the Unison synth just now in fact. If I remember correctly WT4 was my favorite of them.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 04 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

dvdrtldg

04 Nov 2017

Ambi Nature is a nicely recorded set of samples with some basic modulation/FX options, I like it but it's nothing to rave about. You could grab a bunch of samples from SoundSnap (or record your own), stick them in an NNXT and you'd have a more flexible instrument. But for the current price of $9.00 it's hard to go past

I also have Mixfood Orange and WT4, I like Orange but prefer WT4. Great wavetables, sensible UI, serviceable mod matrix, easy to program, sounds good. Orange is a lot more fiddly

• Information