Guerilla Party! The JPS Anniversary Sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Oct 2017

JP 10th Anniversary Ad S.png
JP 10th Anniversary Ad S.png (466.93 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ry%20Sound

Sweep through the Leather-effect Gates of Combo Organ Heaven and celebrate 10 years of ReFills and Rack Extensions with the JPS 10th Anniversary sale!

With discounts of up to 50% on all JPS REs, including Chenille, Steerpike, and the Harmonic Synthesizer, we also introduce the new Guerilla Sound Bundle. With the extra bundle discount, for this week you can save 64% on the complete JPS collection.

JPS Guerilla Bundle Thumb 200.png
JPS Guerilla Bundle Thumb 200.png (194.11 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... nd-bundle/

Ostermilk

16 Oct 2017

That's a lovely bundle of limitless 'vibe' for your rack. It also reveals a great body of work dedicated toward the RE format.

Congrats on the anniversary!!!!

eusti

16 Oct 2017

Congrats and a big thank you! :)

D.

jayhosking

16 Oct 2017

Anybody care to comment on the organs? I love the idea of having some of these as REs.

WongoTheSane

16 Oct 2017

jayhosking wrote:
16 Oct 2017
Anybody care to comment on the organs? I love the idea of having some of these as REs.
I have Compact, Continental and X-705. The first two are exactly what they purport to be, a faithful recreation of those transistor organs. I love sixties music, so I tend to use them quite a bit. As is customary with JP's devices, there are a huuuuge number of patches too, often named after the song they're based on (with a pun, again a JP trademark). Pick a preset at random and you'll go: oh yeah, it's the sound they used in that song! If you ever need to evoke that era for a game/tv/whatever, whether it's twist, jerk, madison or psych rock, those are the devices you need.

X-705 is more early seventies, when actual synth music began to gain some recognition. I'm pretty sure one could recreate the first three Jean-Michel Jarre albums exclusively with this synth. This was before the Osc->ADSR Filter->Amp paradigm, so the programming is "weird" in the sense that you can't use your usual reflexes ("let's pick a saw and modulate the filter"): instead, you mix pianos with organ flutes and a sax or a Hawaiian guitar, fiddle with a few knobs and the result is a beautiful retro sound that sounds like nothing else. The staples of that era (rotary and phaser) are emulated perfectly, and the organ flutes drawbars allow for a very musical control of harmonics (as in Continental and JPS). Here too, any patch will instantly set the controls to the heart of seventies.

Also, the manuals for these devices are incredible. Best manuals in the industry, bar none. They provide an historical context for the device, and are typeset in the fonts found on typewriters of that time. An incredible work of love, and it shows. You can download the manuals for the respective shop pages, even if you don't own the devices...

jayhosking

16 Oct 2017

Wow. Fantastic write-up. Thank you.

ravasb

16 Oct 2017

I own almost all of these. Great, creative products and a dev well worth supporting.

ltbrunt00

17 Oct 2017

Thanks for the sale, I will pickup the rest of these these week. Love you devices.

Hey Jiggery are you working on any new RE's outside of organ and retro synths. I think you cornered the market on Organ sounds in reason.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

motuscott

17 Oct 2017

Huge Pokery fanboy, already own too much of this
But you who are not should just waddle on up to the trough, what could possibly go wrong?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information