Subscription Question: Can You Choose Throughout the Month?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
cgijoe

13 Oct 2017

I have a quick question regarding the new Rack Extension subscription model that I could not find a clear answer to on the props page or throughout the forums so I figured I'd post a new thread in case anyone else was looking for the same answer.

When selecting which REs to use in your bundle, must you select the maximum allotment at the beginning of the month, or could I say, pick one, and then a week in, pick another (assuming I have not reached my bundle limit)? Does this make sense?

If I knew that I wanted to "rent" one particular RE immediately and not sure which others I would use in that month, can I just select one and then pick the others later, or am I locked into my selection at each month cycle?

Obviously, this would be great if you could pick a few and leave a few slots open depending on what you may end up needing to use during a particular cycle.

Thanks in advance for the help!

- CGI JOE

Electric-Metal

13 Oct 2017

cgijoe wrote:
13 Oct 2017

If I knew that I wanted to "rent" one particular RE immediately and not sure which others I would use in that month, can I just select one and then pick the others later, or am I locked into my selection at each month cycle?
Yep, you're locked. See this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7503574
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

esselfortium

13 Oct 2017

As it is currently, you can't change or add during the month.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

dana

13 Oct 2017

Thats a bit of a whoopee cushion.

jlgrimes

17 Oct 2017

cgijoe wrote:
13 Oct 2017
I have a quick question regarding the new Rack Extension subscription model that I could not find a clear answer to on the props page or throughout the forums so I figured I'd post a new thread in case anyone else was looking for the same answer.

When selecting which REs to use in your bundle, must you select the maximum allotment at the beginning of the month, or could I say, pick one, and then a week in, pick another (assuming I have not reached my bundle limit)? Does this make sense?

Obviously, this would be great if you could pick a few and leave a few slots open depending on what you may end up needing to use during a particular cycle.

Thanks in advance for the help!

- CGI JOE
They should change that. Even if you go in at a later date and only have a few days to "rent" the devices. Especially if you are on a larger plan, I don't think most folks will be able to make up their mind on the first day.

Also (they might have this implemented), once you have your selections, the site should remember your selections so if for the next month, you don't pick anything, it just reverts back to what you already picked. They should warn you by email though that it is time to choose your devices maybe like a week or so in advance. I would imagine many users will sort of get locked in to using the devices they really love and just swap around the devices they aren't really using.

• Information