ChamberTron RE from GForce is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JdA57

22 Apr 2018

strangers wrote:
21 Apr 2018
joeyluck wrote:
21 Apr 2018
I’ve reported this. I find it occurs if I try to create an instance while also sending MIDI from the master keyboard. If I wait until the device fully loads, it does not occur and all is well. Do you still get this error if nothing is playing or MIDI being sent?
I'll have to test it out again tomorrow to confirm. I believe it happened without even touching my midi keyboard. I'd drag a patch into the rack and the error would pop up before hitting a key. There's always the possibility I was anxious and hit a key or two before letting it fully load. I'll also look for one of my previous song files. I'm usually greeted with the error upon opening the session. That's without even having a chance to hit play or reach for the keyboard.
This bug happens since a long time. I wrote Gforce and Props about this last year. (Because a nearly same bug happens to some other RE's too.)

Do you test this with Reason Version 10.03?
Because Props noticed about that and fixed a problem that could result in this bug.
Since Reason 10.03 it don't happen here (I'm on MAC) anymore.

So, if it's not fixed (on your system), I think best is to sent a message to Props too.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2018

I found a bug in ChamberTron a while ago. Props washed their hands saying it was 3rd party. GForce recreated and acknowledged the bug, went all mysterious, said it would take a major re-write then went dark ha ha ha. So who knows if that’ll ever get fixed :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2018

JdA57 wrote:
22 Apr 2018
This bug happens since a long time. I wrote Gforce and Props about this last year. (Because a nearly same bug happens to some other RE's too.)

Because Props noticed about that and fixed a problem that could result in this bug.

So, if it's not fixed (on your system), I think best is to sent a message to Props too.
I'm running on 9.5 (not a Mac user). Haven't upgraded to 10 yet. Doesn't seem like an upgrade would matter since you're still getting the same issue on 10. I'll have to shoot them a message since it keeps me from reaching for this RE.
MrFigg wrote:
22 Apr 2018
I found a bug in ChamberTron a while ago. Props washed their hands saying it was 3rd party. GForce recreated and acknowledged the bug, went all mysterious, said it would take a major re-write then went dark ha ha ha. So who knows if that’ll ever get fixed :).
That's a little concerning. Maybe if enough of us bring up these issues they'll do something? Maybe not lol. Worth a shot.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2018

strangers wrote:
22 Apr 2018
JdA57 wrote:
22 Apr 2018

I'm running on 9.5 (not a Mac user). Haven't upgraded to 10 yet. Doesn't seem like an upgrade would matter since you're still getting the same issue on 10. I'll have to shoot them a message since it keeps me from reaching for this RE.
MrFigg wrote:
22 Apr 2018
That's a little concerning. Maybe if enough of us bring up these issues they'll do something? Maybe not lol. Worth a shot.

Don’t get me wrong. They were very nice. They said that the problem I reported confirmed a theory that their head sound guy had, something to do with 10 seconds or something. Also that a major rewrite would be needed to fix it. Saying that, when I write to find out if they’d come to a conclusion they never replied.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

JdA57

23 Apr 2018

strangers wrote:
22 Apr 2018
JdA57 wrote:
22 Apr 2018

Maybe I explained wrong:
On my system this problem is fixed since Reason 10.03. Up to now, never had this crash again.

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2018

JdA57 wrote:
23 Apr 2018
Maybe I explained wrong:
On my system this problem is fixed since Reason 10.03. Up to now, never had this crash again.
No worries. I must have read it quickly is all. You're fully problem-free on version 10? I'm still waiting to hear back by Props on this.

• Information