Respire just got better

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
miscend

27 Sep 2017

ReSpire is on sale again for 69 Euro!

Loque

27 Sep 2017

miscend wrote:
27 Sep 2017
Sexy...
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2017

Nice updates.. still wish there was some CV stuff... ho-hum..

Code: Select all

Update 1.0.4
Several CPU performance improvements
Fixed error on project opening
Fixed error for 'Hard FM' OSC
Fix for controls behaviour on Delay and Reverb screens

FlowerSoldier

27 Sep 2017

That's crazy. Did the 1.04 update come out today?

challism

27 Sep 2017

EdGrip wrote:
25 Sep 2017
If it IS abandonware, in this sorry state, it's a bit cheeky of PH to keep pushing it on the Propshop home page.
I've often wondered why PH have had it on the recommended section of the shop's home page since the day it was released, given all the bugs/problems it has. You may be right about them wanting to legitimize the RE format with a big name. Still strange that they would recommend a RE with sooooo many issues.

FlowerSoldier wrote:
27 Sep 2017
That's crazy. Did the 1.04 update come out today?
Yes it did. Let's hope that v 1.04 fixed a lot of the issues.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

lakinlakin

27 Sep 2017

At last, I can now run ReSpire without it crashing or failing to load at all.

Eats my CPU as a light snack before lunch, but at least I can run it.

miscend

27 Sep 2017

Tried the new update. There is barely any noticeable change to CPU load. But it’s running a lot more stable and consistently now.

Trefor

27 Sep 2017

Thanks for the heads up on the update. Downloading now.

Oquasec

27 Sep 2017

Looks like it'd shaping up nicely then. will skip it for quite a while, but I'm sure it'll be bugfree now
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

strangers
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2017

miscend wrote:
27 Sep 2017
Tried the new update. There is barely any noticeable change to CPU load. But it’s running a lot more stable and consistently now.
Haven't used Respire since the song challenge and noticed a decrease in CPU usage today. Random preset surfing used to yield 3-4 bars on average. Now I'm getting 1-2 and mayyyybe a tiny 3rd flicker when playing chords. Maybe there is hope for this RE after all.

EnochLight

27 Sep 2017

There's most certainly an improvement in CPU use on my rig, but as I've stated elsewhere - part of this may be attributed to Reason 9.5.2 now utilizing Hyperthreading for audio rendering as well. The last time I loaded up my ReSpire songfile test, I think I was still using 9.5. Anyway, any improvement at all is a welcome accomplishment. I'm just hoping they recompile this using the latest SDK and actually fix the GUI/UX effects section, etc.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

theshoemaker

28 Sep 2017

challism wrote:
27 Sep 2017

I've often wondered why PH have had it on the recommended section of the shop's home page since the day it was released, given all the bugs/problems it has. You may be right about them wanting to legitimize the RE format with a big name. Still strange that they would recommend a RE with sooooo many issues.
You can buy marketing from Props.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

theshoemaker

28 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
27 Sep 2017
miscend wrote:
27 Sep 2017
Sexy...
I wonder why now so many REs go on sale. Anyway. eXpanse is the better sale :)
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

firejan82

28 Sep 2017

It’s a good price for a great synth but a cross-grade deal would make so much more sense. Especially now that VSTs work in Reason. When you buy a VST it quite often has AU and AAX extensions included at no extra cost. It would just feel right if RE format was one of those included extensions. Only RE I got with included VST was Legend and I’m a happy customer.

miscend

28 Sep 2017

firejan82 wrote:
28 Sep 2017
It’s a good price for a great synth but a cross-grade deal would make so much more sense. Especially now that VSTs work in Reason. When you buy a VST it quite often has AU and AAX extensions included at no extra cost. It would just feel right if RE format was one of those included extensions. Only RE I got with included VST was Legend and I’m a happy customer.
I think they do offer a cross grade path to the VST. It's best to contact them.

Buying an RE from the Prop's Store is not the same as buying AU or AAX plugins. There's a completely different licence agreement. A better analogy would be buying an App from the Apple App Store doesn't give you access to the Google Play Android version. Or buying a game from Steam doesn't give you access to the PS4 or Xbone version of that title at no cost.

As for maintaining the current RE version of Spire. Yesterday Reveal Sound said on FB that they will continue to maintain it because many Reason users prefer to use REs instead of VST and others still are running older versions of Reason (which don't support VST).

firejan82

28 Sep 2017

miscend wrote:
28 Sep 2017
firejan82 wrote:
28 Sep 2017
I think they do offer a cross grade path to the VST. It's best to contact them.

Buying an RE from the Prop's Store is not the same as buying AU or AAX plugins. There's a completely different licence agreement. A better analogy would be buying an App from the Apple App Store doesn't give you access to the Google Play Android version. Or buying a game from Steam doesn't give you access to the PS4 or Xbone version of that title at no cost.

As for maintaining the current RE version of Spire. Yesterday Reveal Sound said on FB that they will continue to maintain it because many Reason users prefer to use REs instead of VST and others still are running older versions of Reason (which don't support VST).
I get the point with the licensing and the analogy of same apps on iOS and Android. It must be extra stress for the developers to deal with all these complications. But I would say it is in their and Propellerheads interest to figure something out. I love to play with both Reason and Ableton and even though I want the RE format to grow if I decide to buy Spire or the Softube FET Compressor for example I’ll obviously go for the format which I can open in both DAWs without using Rewire. I’m sure I’m not the only customer who came to this conclusion.

That being said, only ReSpire is on sale for 69€ now, Spire is at the regular 189€...

dana

28 Sep 2017

firejan82 wrote:
28 Sep 2017
I love to play with both Reason and Ableton and even though I want the RE format to grow if I decide to buy Spire or the Softube FET Compressor for example I’ll obviously go for the format which I can open in both DAWs without using Rewire. I’m sure I’m not the only customer who came to this conclusion.

That being said, only ReSpire is on sale for 69€ now, Spire is at the regular 189€...
I bought the RE version, its a lot more convinent for me - i hardly open ableton these days.

If softube brought out any more REs i would buy them as well, especially tape, heartbeat and modular - i would prefer the RE version!

Loque

29 Sep 2017

dana wrote:
28 Sep 2017
firejan82 wrote:
28 Sep 2017
I love to play with both Reason and Ableton and even though I want the RE format to grow if I decide to buy Spire or the Softube FET Compressor for example I’ll obviously go for the format which I can open in both DAWs without using Rewire. I’m sure I’m not the only customer who came to this conclusion.

I bought the RE version, its a lot more convinent for me - i hardly open ableton these days.

If softube brought out any more REs i would buy them as well, especially tape, heartbeat and modular - i would prefer the RE version!
Regarding the last time i had contact with Softube support, i had the feeling they dont have any Reason related infrastructure. So i would not expect any new things from them. I really would like to see something new from the as a RE, but i would hold on until a few things are fixed in FET and TubeTech.
Reason12, Win10

tanni

29 Sep 2017

Regarding the last time i had contact with Softube support, i had the feeling they dont have any Reason related infrastructure. So i would not expect any new things from them. I really would like to see something new from the as a RE, but i would hold on until a few things are fixed in FET and TubeTech.
What do you mean with fixed ? Are there bugs in FET and TubeTech RE ?

CaliforniaBurrito

29 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2017
I really would like to see something new from the as a RE, but i would hold on until a few things are fixed in FET and TubeTech.
Pardon the off topic but what are the issues with these devices?

Loque

29 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
29 Sep 2017
Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2017
I really would like to see something new from the as a RE, but i would hold on until a few things are fixed in FET and TubeTech.
TubeTech does not show the Threshold AFAIR and FET does not report the delay for PDC when Lookahead is used.
Reason12, Win10

dana

29 Sep 2017

Take a look at this, overclocked 5960x with a pad with 16 notes polyphony on ReSpire, almost pegs the cpu!.
Sounds amazing, though!
Windows.PNG
Windows.PNG (668.7 KiB) Viewed 2874 times

Exowildebeest

29 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2017
CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
29 Sep 2017

FET does not report the delay for PDC when Lookahead is used.
Ouch that sucks.

EnochLight

29 Sep 2017

dana wrote:
29 Sep 2017
Take a look at this, overclocked 5960x with a pad with 16 notes polyphony on ReSpire, almost pegs the cpu!.
Sounds amazing, though!

Windows.PNG
Post the pad patch so I can test on my machine. I most certainly have a CPU that's much slower than yours, yet I'm able to play a ~20 ReSpire track project with the "Beauty" patch playing before all of my cores are maxed out. :shock: :shock: :shock: You might have some other issues going on.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dana

29 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
29 Sep 2017
dana wrote:
29 Sep 2017
Sounds amazing, though!

Windows.PNG
Post the pad patch so I can test on my machine. I most certainly have a CPU that's much slower than yours, yet I'm able to play a ~20 ReSpire track project with the "Beauty" patch playing before all of my cores are maxed out. :shock: :shock: :shock: You might have some other issues going on.
Its in the pad's folder, PD-8080 only with 16 voice polyphony (instead of 8) playing 7 notes, then another 7 notes etc. so it overlaps the polyphony.

• Information