Respire just got better

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2017

Playing around with Respire and Mopol, just set default bass to poly and went straight to 16 voices.
I must be playing around 6-8 voices through Mopol. But it stands pretty good.
No glitches, it plays all the voices. I remember it was down to 6 voices last time I played it.

Giant step forward.

Pretty good by now! :thumbs_up:

miscend

22 Sep 2017

Re8et wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Playing around with Respire and Mopol, just set default bass to poly and went straight to 16 voices.
I must be playing around 6-8 voices through Mopol. But it stands pretty good.
No glitches, it plays all the voices. I remember it was down to 6 voices last time I played it.

Giant step forward.

Pretty good by now! :thumbs_up:
You mean Korg MonoPoly?

I'm not sure I get you, how did ReSpire get better?
Last edited by miscend on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

chk071

22 Sep 2017

Don't get it either. :D
:reason: :rebirth:

EnochLight

22 Sep 2017

There hasn't been any updates to ReSpire in several months (since the 31st of May). Maybe the OP just now got the update? There was a marginal improvement in performance in 1.03 compared to the initial trainwreck of a release.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

stp2015

22 Sep 2017

Either OP is in the beta and they just released a new beta, or I don't get it either.

I am really disappointed about how RevealSound are dealing with this. There are tons and tons of problems with the RE, and I believed them when they said they were going to do something about them. I even told others the same.

Horrible customer service, horrible communication policy. And: The update with CPU improvements and CV capabilities was explicitly promised by Reveal. Not as something that might happen, but as something that will happen for sure.

What is going on Dear Reveal Sound Spire team?

lakinlakin

22 Sep 2017

stp2015 wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Either OP is in the beta and they just released a new beta, or I don't get it either.

I am really disappointed about how RevealSound are dealing with this. There are tons and tons of problems with the RE, and I believed them when they said they were going to do something about them. I even told others the same.

Horrible customer service, horrible communication policy. And: The update with CPU improvements and CV capabilities was explicitly promised by Reveal. Not as something that might happen, but as something that will happen for sure.

What is going on Dear Reveal Sound Spire team?
Sadly, I believed them as well. My last set of communications with them resulted in:

"Our team is still working on fixes for ReSpire."

But in the meantime:

"At this point we can offer you 59$ discount for Spire VST/AU/AAX version."

Reminds me of the film "Take the Money and Run". That was a comedy too.

Ostermilk

22 Sep 2017

I think he's (the OP's) just reporting on his findings after running ReSpire with this...

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-merger/

miscend

22 Sep 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
22 Sep 2017
I think he's (the OP's) just reporting on his findings after running ReSpire with this...

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-merger/
Lol I thought Mopol = Mono/Poly

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2017

Definetely I wasn't opening Respire since May, before summer heat squashed my feelings, and just about now i got back into normal temperatures. Yeah Mopol, not Monopoly.

As I remembered I had not very good times playing polyphonic on the Respire, and, It was topping at 6 voices maximum.
That was before 50 celsius june-july

So 16 poly and working was quite a surprise to see.Sure I'd love to get the arp cv out as well!!
Hopefully them are recovering from Summer squash either! :mrgreen:

stp2015

22 Sep 2017

Unfortunately, there are much more important things wrong with ReSpire right now than CV (even though that was promised by them, too).

-It crashes. No other RE crashes like this.
-When you switch patches, sometimes the last note will keep playing (in the sound of the new patch), only way to stop it is to delete the RE
-CPU has still not been optimized
-FX cannot be turned off, you can only mute the RETURN, CPU still gets used

EdGrip

24 Sep 2017

The €59 punt I took on ReSpire has not really paid off, I admit.

stp2015

24 Sep 2017

EdGrip wrote:
24 Sep 2017
The €59 punt I took on ReSpire has not really paid off, I admit.
I cannot use ReSpire for more than 15 minutes without it crashing or doing something else that it should not do (e.g. release failing). Just ridiculous.

What annoys me the most is that Reveal Sound have just disappeared now.

Oquasec

24 Sep 2017

Keeping my eye on it. not touching or buying it yet.
They were botched and they deserve my respect for bothering making a RE version of that.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

stp2015

24 Sep 2017

Oquasec wrote:
24 Sep 2017
They were botched and they deserve my respect for bothering making a RE version of that.
That was my initial thought when it first came out. But they made a broken RE of it. If they fix it soon, then ok. If they do not, I will ask them to give me the VST for free. Not for a reduced price.

Oquasec

24 Sep 2017

They made a native re version of this so I will wait till it's bugs gone to touch it :P
Producer/Programmer.

EnochLight

24 Sep 2017

Oquasec wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Oquasec wrote:
24 Sep 2017
They made a native re version of this so I will wait till it's bugs gone to touch it :P
Honestly, the VST works perfect in 9.5's rack, and the GUI/UX can be resized to a proper size. Not buggy at all. So, if you don't want to wait for what will either be another 6 months to a year to never, I wouldn't hold off waiting for a proper RE.

I've since changed my original opinion of Reveal Sound's RE offering, since it seems to be largely abandonware at this point.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

madmacman

25 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
24 Sep 2017
I've since changed my original opinion of Reveal Sound's RE offering, since it seems to be largely abandonware at this point.
That's a bitter disappointment :(

Oquasec

25 Sep 2017

I will have to pass on both versions of spire then.
There are many more plugins where that came from, but I will still keep my eyes open for reveal sounds.
Producer/Programmer.

miscend

25 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Oquasec wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Oquasec wrote:
24 Sep 2017
It’s too early to call. The VST was last updated in June and the RE in May.

EdGrip

25 Sep 2017

If it IS abandonware, in this sorry state, it's a bit cheeky of PH to keep pushing it on the Propshop home page.
And the most expensive RE on there too. I think they regard it as a well-known big-ticket synth to legitimise the RE format.

If it doesn't get sorted out, we'll have to kick up enough of a public fuss that we either get a refund or a very discounted VST.

alex

25 Sep 2017

Yesterday I've filled in a bug report.
They've replied to me this morning saying that they're working on it adding also that an update will be released asap.
Let'so hope "asap" will be asap :P
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

chimp_spanner

25 Sep 2017

I really hope so. I chucked it in a project the other day cos I needed some sound inspiration and the patches were SO good.

Unfortunately playing more than about three notes killed my CPU. I really wanna see this RE succeed. Clearly development has been difficult. Just a little more communication from the devs would be nice. I’m still in the beta, ready and willing to put it through its paces and squash some bugs. Help me, help you :lol:

EnochLight

25 Sep 2017

miscend wrote:
25 Sep 2017
It’s too early to call. The VST was last updated in June and the RE in May.
alex wrote:
25 Sep 2017
Yesterday I've filled in a bug report.
They've replied to me this morning saying that they're working on it adding also that an update will be released asap.
Let'so hope "asap" will be asap :P
Cool, let's hope so. Guess I have to retract my statement earlier, then. ;)

It's just so hard to get anything meaningful out of them through the beta channels. I'm learning that the way they operate is pretty much the polar opposite to the way that virtually every RE dev operates (that I have beta tested for)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eagleizer

27 Sep 2017

I do not BETA test RE-Spire, but:

I have mailed them several times with feature requests and bug reports.
They usually respond within 2 days, and they have said they are working
on optimizing, fixing bugs and adding features.

Last mail 8. september, I was told it will take some time for the update to
be released. I trust they are working hard on it and will just wait for the
surprise when an update finally reaches the shop.

Cheers :)

Edit:

LOL. That surprise came fast!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-respire/

madmacman

27 Sep 2017

Eagleizer wrote:
27 Sep 2017
LOL. That surprise came fast!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-respire/
Downloading right now... let's see what they could achieve

(and just for the record: while trying Expanse, I could easily bring my MacBook Pro with fast i7 down to its knees within the very first minutes while stepping thru the presets)

• Information