Rack extension to help Store/Play 1 note chords?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
etyrnal2

18 Sep 2017

Is there such thing as a rack extension that allows you to play back stored chords like 1-note style playback?

I know there are a couple that allow you to painstakingly program in chords interval by interval... but is there one that would allow you pr program several chords by PLAYING IN the chord? So, say a track you're working on has 5 chords, it would allow you to map these 5 chords to c, d, e, f, & g keys so you can just play them back with a single key, but instead of it making you twiddle 72 little knobs and switches, you literally just press the chord on the keyboard while it's in learning mode? I don't need all the theory aspect of it -- i just want to to OBEY me! lol Like a midi chord sampler (not audio) & triggering device.

Anything sort of like that?
:reason: :record: :recycle: :re: :adapted: :ignition: :essentials: :refill: :rebirth:

michal22

18 Sep 2017

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/chordset/

I use this. You program your chords and release with one key.
Unfortunately, this has no learning function, but programming is simple and fun..
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Creativemind

18 Sep 2017

I made a suggestion to Propellerhead that they update the Scales and Chords Player to allow you play chords up and down the keyboard like you see on Rob Papens Predator or on Chorder on Cubase and not like it is now, plays chords according to scale so they change and may not be what you want.. So select a chord type, such as 7th chords and it will play a 7th chord up and down the keyboard relevant to the root note or key you're pressing.

For me personally, I would like an Re that would allow you to have between 4 and 8 pads, and to those pads you could assign chords. So right click the pad and from the drop down menu you could select the root note (A - G#), the chord type (major, minor, 7th, sus4th, dim, aug etc and has about 20 different chord types), then how many notes for that chord you want, say a 3, 4 or 5 note chord, then the octave you want, so Octave 1 up to say Octave 7, so you could program any chord to each pad. So for guitar players like me, I can pick up the guitar to write a song and then say I find a nice chord progression, say G, Am, Bm, D, but I wanted it as piano or synth part. I could load up the Re and on pad 1, select Major chord, G root note and probably octave 3, then an Am on pad 2, Bm on pad 3 and D major on pad 4. You can have up to 8 chords / pads. Then you could click the pads when recording to play the chords. The problem lies, in that you couldn't make the Re play Thor or Malstrom could you as it's an Re, not a player. The way around this could be, it has a default set of sounds, maybe a Piano (doesn't have to be great piano particularly) and maybe a sawtooth synth patch, a pad sound and something else, maybe an organ or something. To make this more accurate when playing, rather than clicking the pads to activate them whilst recording, use the Edit Over-Ride Mapping to assign each pad to a key on your midi controller / synth. I'd personally go for the G3 if playing a G3. Then once finished, move the midi data to the track you want, i.e - Thor, Subtractor, Malstrom or indeed another Re or VST. I may have even made a thread on this on this site several months ago, can't remember now.

I did kind of....

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7502143&p=341799&h ... rd#p341799

Chorset has linitations as seen in this vid:-

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Re8et
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2017

Use Mingler, and Mopol. It's not dynamic tho it's possible to tweak around further from this point in the vid. CVA-7 is your friend.

• Information