Chip64 behaving strange after export/reload

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jugger

17 Sep 2017

I just composed a song using only Chip64 synths. Everything worked fine until exported it to wav and noticed that it did sound very different. It affected both playback in Reason and the actual exported wav file. It mostly seems to affect those patches using Chip64's sequence feature.

If I close Reason and reopen the song file, the problem is still there. Only if I reload manually the actual patch to Chip64, it becomes normal again.

For example: Create Chip64 synth to rack and load a patch called "kessel run". Record few notes with it. Then use export function and see if it sounds different after export. Another example would be a patch "Arp - VIC-20 - cR" from Chip64 Community Refill folder, where export messes up with arpeggio speed.

I use Reason with two computers. This problem only happens with PC(Win 8.1) but not with iMac OSX Mavericks. Both computer has the same Reason version installed, which is 9.5.1d19 (build 8 478).

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2017

Unfortunately Chip64 is pretty buggy. I wrote a Chip64 EP some time ago and noticed a couple of errors occurring.

I'll quote myself from another thread:

"The buggiest thing in Reason: the Chip64 Synth. If a bug free environment is important to you, think twice before you buy it.
So far I've experienced 3 different types of bugs/errors happening.

I've had the synth crash a couple of times so I've had to restart Reason for the synth to work. Can't remember what caused it though.

The pitch has been out of tune after opening up a project. Seems like it doesn't keep some preset settings the way it should and I had to reset some knobs by tweaking them to get the right pitch again. The same thing happened everytime I opened the project.

And sometimes it only plays one note even though I've set it to a 6 (or more) polycount.

It's a shame on an otherwise cool little synth."

chimp_spanner

17 Sep 2017

I wonder where Ochen went? I always liked his stuff. Seems he got a rough ride with 4mer and as far as I can tell never came back to RE development.

Loque

17 Sep 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
17 Sep 2017
I wonder where Ochen went? I always liked his stuff. Seems he got a rough ride with 4mer and as far as I can tell never came back to RE development.
Yep. Sure to lot of bugs in 4MER too, there were fallen some hard words and never heard anything again and all the bugs in his devices never got fixed or were improved. It's kind of sad, because the devices are good, but need some fixing and polishing today. After i realized the other devices i didn't bought were buggy too, and wanted them, i didn't bought them.

Guess he took it too personal, instead of fixing and improving. Childish. He could have been on top today.
Last edited by Loque on 17 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

jugger

17 Sep 2017

"The pitch has been out of tune after opening up a project. Seems like it doesn't keep some preset settings the way it should and I had to reset some knobs by tweaking them to get the right pitch again. The same thing happened everytime I opened the project."

Yeah that's what I experience too, among other thigs. Bit questionable to still sell it in the shop as it is pretty much unusable with PC, or there should be a warning at least. Sad because it's really nice otherwise...

GRIFTY

17 Sep 2017

i used chip64 all the time. it's valuable for the wave forms it contains -- don't use it for any kind of modulation or advanced synthesis. if you want raw square waves, i have yet to hear rawer than chip64. makes a great bass synth

Gorgon

19 Sep 2017

GRIFTY wrote:
17 Sep 2017
i used chip64 all the time. it's valuable for the wave forms it contains -- don't use it for any kind of modulation or advanced synthesis. if you want raw square waves, i have yet to hear rawer than chip64. makes a great bass synth
Same here. Love it.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

• Information