Propulsion - probability?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

15 Sep 2017

Hoping this catches the idea of the Panda! The one feature I really wish Propulsion had was probability, perhaps as an extra Curve parameter? Default being 100. Would be fantastic to be able to just leave Propulsion running and get nice little variations (I know you can use the RAND mode to get a similar effect but, not quite the same).

Anyway it's just an idea. Don't know if anyone else would find it useful?

Exowildebeest

15 Sep 2017

Yes! Great idea :)

I impulse bought Propulsion in the sale even though I don't really have a use for it yet - this feature would definitely make me use it!

dvdrtldg

15 Sep 2017

Gate out thru Randrome? It's less elegant than having everything in the box, but it works fine

chimp_spanner

16 Sep 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
15 Sep 2017
Gate out thru Randrome? It's less elegant than having everything in the box, but it works fine
I suppose you could mix the signal from a randomisation re with the gate out of a propulsion channel, or maybe use some kind of logic gate or something. But it’d be nice to have control over certain steps being 100% with a lesser chance of other steps. I will check out Randrome though!

Zac

19 Sep 2017

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... m-trigger/

I'm guessing you know about Ochen K's probability drum trigger? Not sure if this could be combined with Propulsion? I don't have propulsion yet so can't test.

dvdrtldg

20 Sep 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
16 Sep 2017
dvdrtldg wrote:
15 Sep 2017
But it’d be nice to have control over certain steps being 100% with a lesser chance of other steps.
Ah yeah I get you. That would be nice

But it's easy enough to set up - have your drum sample triggered by two Propulsion lanes simultaneously, going thru a CV merger. One lane can be your 100% probability lane, with the other lane being randomised via Randrome on its way into the CV merger

• Information